Sign in to follow this  
MPR

Monday Press Conference

Morning all,
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this but Roy Waller was saying yesterday that Delia said at lunchtime that there would be a press conference tomorrow. When asked whether this was to introduce McKenzie after his medical (which I think was Friday night, no word on that I see), she said something along the lines of "possibly, and maybe something more". Much as I would love it to be Hucks'' transfer, she also said the clubs never even got close on a fee and so never even got to discuss salary. Maybe Crouch?

Finally, what a great day yesterday. It''s many a year since a run of the mill league match had everyone stay behind at the end. Some of the passing was great and we used Iwan as he should be used now- as a focal point for long balls and not really asking him to do much more. Shackell, apart from one *******ing from Fleming for a misplaced pass in the first half and being about 6 feet away from his man at one point, stuck to people like glue for the rest of the afternoon. If that chap in the number 6 shirt (I forget his name) hadn''t been on the pitch, I think he''d have run them close.

PS Oh, great celebration from Fleming. Can''t wait for the highlights this afternoon.

OTBC