Sign in to follow this  
Rethinking the future

To those who say Grant has 10 games...

What exactly do you mean by that statement?

Are you saying that we MUST achieve a certain number of points, and if so, what is this number of points?

Do you sack the manager if he has not achieved the number of points? If [for example] the target is 15 points, do you sack him if we only have 14 points?

Would you be happy to achieve the target number of points, but be in the bottom 3rd of the table? Or, if we fail to achieve the target number of points but are in the top 3rd of the table does that compensate?

Are you happy to achieve the points with total with 1-0 wins and 0-0 draws, or would you accept us playing well but losing (like against Cardif).

Assuming we hit the points target and are in an acceptable position in the league, do you then get off Grants back, or is he given another 10 game notice period?

If it is not down to the points, but down to the way we play, are matches like the cardif game what you want to see every week?

Finally, comments like "we should not lose against Hull" are meaningless. Please list the games that it is acceptable to lose.

It is easy to come on a message board and make comments like "He has 10 games" but a lot harder to define what you want.

I give these posters making these comments another challange. How about getting behind the team for 10 games. No Booing, no groaning every time a pass goes astray, no blaming a player [before a ball has even been kicked] for mistakes.

For the record, I am a season ticket holder. I go to the London away games. I support the team. I do want [but not expect] my team to win every game. I do not like my team to lose, but accept it is a part of the game. I do not always like the managers decisions, but as I am not with the players every week, and not able to pass judgement on fitness etc, I accept them.

I am not trying to take away anyones right to have an opinion, but want to understand more about their opinion.

An interesting and challenging post.  I don''t know where the 10 match idea came from and I''m not sure I necessarily agree with it but I do hope that the Board will be prepared to be a little more ruthless this time if and when they feel that perhaps they appointed the wrong man last year.  I don''t think we have quite reached that position yet but I don''t think they can sit back and accept another season of mediocrity.

If in 10 games time we are still hovering around 20th place some serious issues arise.  Grant gives off the vibes of not being up to the task at the moment.  Having no improvement in results as yet, even tho he has been in charge for almost a year now!

His record, losing more than he wins at this level, is not good enough.

The board have had 10 years, has there been a significant improvement - even after ''it''s all in the past'', Delia and Mickey''s ''Grand Day Out'' at the Millennium Stadio all those seasons ago? Or, our little ''Chirpy Chirpy on the Cheep Cheap'' flirty with the big guns 3+ years ago?

No, we haven''t really gone ''onwards and upwards'' with ''prudence with ambition/perdition'', from either of those experiences; which I thought initially, would be an opportunity to cement the foundations for a bright future. What those ''memorable'' experiences did actually achieve - was to induce more support that certainly wasn''t evident before we started to look promising. We are, ''at this moment in time'' still fortunately attracting large attendances. But the quality of the product that is meant to attract (even after Nigel''s departure) is very sub-standard. Personally, I just can''t see where this board of Directors are taking us.......or what they hope to achieve. They''ve been awfully quiet recently, apart from the occasional thoughtful contributions from the club''s bespectacled official ''spooksman'' and our resident ''Cheerful Exec'', Neil D.

Our Mr Grant? I have sympathy for him in some aspects, but he should have started his managerial baptism with some other club like "The Gaffer" Paul Ince has. 

Incey Wincey has a Chairman who has built a new stadium, and maybe appears somewhat eccentric, but truly wants success for ''Meltdown Keens''. He has hired and fired a few managers, but now seems to have found the right motivating manager for his ambitions.

Granty?........I sincerely hope he does pull out a lucky rabbit from the top-hat........but I have this gut-feeling that it may be a runt of a field mouse.

But, it takes ''two to tango'' and Peter isn''t the only piece in the equation that is allowing the club to under perform and under achieve. A few more need to take accountability and responsibility, the squad, the coaching staff and the NCFC board. I may also add that we as fans also have a responsibility, although I think that we are doing our ''bit'' by turning up week in and week out to support the club both home and away - whatever the results.......

But something''s gotta give.......eventually.......but I don''t know when?