Sign in to follow this  
Jonncfc

Prudence with ambition?

The Board''s policy of "prudence with ambition" would be all very well but it doesn''t seem to be happening.  Ambition?  I don''t see many real signs of that, certainly not on the field.  For a club with expectations of Premiership football, going into a winnable away game with only one player up front doesn''t seem very ambitious.  Appointing a manager with no previous managerial experience looked equally unambitious and the apparent (perhaps unintentional) promotion of the "little Norwich" idea by some individuals certainly doesn''t match the ambition or expectations of the vast majority of supporters.  As for prudence, given that we still have crowds consistently in excess of 24,000 and frequently have the highest gate in the league, I really do struggle to understand why our debt has reached the level that it has - in comparison with other clubs I don''t think we''ve been exactly extravagent in the transfer market.  The Board was accused of "fiddling while Rome burns" over the Worthington saga but it seems to me that they are still doing exactly that.  In order to halt our ongoing underachievement and to try to prevent our superb support from dwindling our club needs a major change in direction and it needs it now.

Truth is that it''s all been said before. I''ve posted similar threads on this MB most recently under the title "we''re crap and we know we are" but the usual delusional crowd bay "binner" in unison at me. It''s very hurtful.

I wholeheartedly agree. The rising tide of dis-satisfaction around the city about the club, is entirely due to the circumstances you describe here. while Gary Doherty and Peter Grant take the brunt of the blame, the problem lies a lot deeper. Doheerty is not the greatest, but he is not the sole reason for the steep decline in the fortunes of Norwich City. Likewise Grant, a hard worker, if nothing else, who puts Worthington to shame in that respect. His lack of real managerial ability and experience should have precluded him from the position he now finds himself in. He is, at best, a number 2. Norwich City needed a Manager after Worthington. The board wanted a cheap option. Nearly a year down the line, after a humiliating live tv defeat against a pub team from a one horse town, Burnley, we find a situation, almost a mirror image developing, next Saturday teatime. Prudence with ambition? Its a sickening slogan.

Hi,

In my view, crowds mean nothing. Yes, they are good to have, but they are not essential. Unfortunately, in today''s world, they don''t make that much money, compared to television money and merchandising, home and abroard. Investors can sell the club''s brand name to new areas. They will often buy clubs, as an addition, to their portfolio. Often, it is to access markets and open up business opportunities in countries that they previously could not get into, ie China. Is it coincidence that Man Utd and other big clubs, now play pre - season friendlies in such places. Would some investors prefer, opening up new markets for their products, or, winning the league...um?