Sign in to follow this  
kevin brighton

NO MORE SOB STORIES PLEASE

I am not about to say that the board should resign or that Peter Grant should be sacked BUT:

Enough is enough. I have never been so ashamed to be a supporter and fan of the club. All we hear are sob stories the latest being how difficult it all is to bring in loan players and that we can no longer compete with the majority of Championship Clubs. Such negativity from the board and Grant must do wonders for morale.

We have lost to Charlton, Hull and Cardiff who are not great sides but they do possess spirit and passion. The answer is simple we do not have flair, quality, passion or spirit and we are very lucky to have 7 points. Rick Waghorn mentioned in one of his columns Ron Saunders would Ron Saunders have put up with the highly paid poor quality players we have NO. Would Ron Saunders allow the negativity to the point of self pity that is coming from Carrow Road NO. Would he have allowed the lack of passion and spirit NO. Would he have made such statements about the result on Tuesday hanging on for a 0 - 0 NO.

Yes we defended under Saunders, Forbes & Stringer both men with spirit and passion. Dublin is the only one with that true grit.

We are simply not good enough and should as I fear lose at Wolves tomorrow, Man City on Tuesday and fail in front of Sky next week which given our track record is very possible what then?

MORE SOB STORIES AND MORE EXCUSES.

Grant it’s YOUR team!

Good point. According to Radio Norfolk sports bulletin this morning, we cannot afford to compete with MOST of the clubs in the championship. all this in spite of the fact we are the best supported club, for the last 3 seasons in this sorry league. A fan base the size of West Ham, and a playing budget the size of Burnley.  Thats about the size of it. Too much money is diverted into pet projects, that do not enhance the football club.Its time  to put football first.

This team have more passion and spirit than I have seen for a couple of years, it obviously doesn''t come across too well on the wireless. Maybe just a change of commentator would make a difference to this messageboard? [:^)]

[quote user="charlies dad"]Good point. According to Radio Norfolk sports bulletin this morning, we cannot afford to compete with MOST of the clubs in the championship. all this in spite of the fact we are the best supported club, for the last 3 seasons in this sorry league. A fan base the size of West Ham, and a playing budget the size of Burnley.  Thats about the size of it. Too much money is diverted into pet projects, that do not enhance the football club.Its time  to put football first.[/quote]

You can no longer judge how rich a club is by its attendances.

Back in the day you could (probably as recently as five years ago), but not now.

The board need to come clean and admit that they''ve got us into a real financial mess (see "Supporters returning season tickets" thread).  Stop bleating about how hard it is to compete.  Football is like that, so why saddle us with an almost unmanageable debt to make it twice as difficult? [:(]

They''ve conned us too.  We swallowed the "Prudence with Ambition" mantra because we trusted them.  All the while they were rescheduling one lot of debt just so they could run up another lot of debt on buying land that they couldn''t sell (again).[:@]

Stop hiding you cowards!  We''re in the mire and it''s down to you.  Are you going to hide behind Peter Grant while all hell breaks loose like it did last season and the one before?  What is it about "take responsibility for your own actions" that you don''t understand? You''re destroying our club. [8o|]

[:''(][:''(][:''(]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

This team have more passion and spirit than I have seen for a couple of years, it obviously doesn''t come across too well on the wireless. Maybe just a change of commentator would make a difference to this messageboard? [:^)]

[/quote]

Turn the wireless off, and do your own commentary then........And make sure you have a large cake slice and a bowl of thick sugary icing with you - to smooth over the exposed cracks and poor quality, in the tasteless and bland layer cake made with prudent ingredients served from the Carra kitchen.

Yup! Blame the commentator, the fans, the weather, Danny Mills, Mrs Mills (and her out of tune piano), Tiny Tim, Scrooge, The British showjumping team, The Red Arrows, Idi Amin, Me, First Buses, Rasputin, 18 years of Tory rule, the neighbour''s leylandii trees, dog fouled pavements, misalignment of the planets, New World Order, Bank of England, Big Brother, Sooty (and Sweep)........etc, etc......

But - don''t ever blame those who aren''t responsible and never will be..........whoever they are? 

[/quote]By the look of most of your posts nutty i can only assume you are happy watching the complete rubbish grant is making his TEAM(it is his team now isn''t it) play.As for me i was full of hope preseason,quite happy after preston,positive after southampton,slightly worried after cardiff and hull,very concerned at his team selection for palace and absolutley gob smacked at his team tuesday night.Then to read his lame excuses for why he picked a team for a nil nil draw it  dawned upon me that he is not up to the job.I just hope you have a spare couple of years to watch some terrible football cos that is all we are going to get i am afraid, we all know how long it takes norwich to sack a manager

[quote user="mbncfc"]

[quote user="charlies dad"]Good point. According to Radio Norfolk sports bulletin this morning, we cannot afford to compete with MOST of the clubs in the championship. all this in spite of the fact we are the best supported club, for the last 3 seasons in this sorry league. A fan base the size of West Ham, and a playing budget the size of Burnley.  Thats about the size of it. Too much money is diverted into pet projects, that do not enhance the football club.Its time  to put football first.[/quote]

You can no longer judge how rich a club is by its attendances.

Back in the day you could (probably as recently as five years ago), but not now.

[/quote] The fact our support is double that of many of our competitors is a massive advantage to the club. We cant even compete with stoke, preston, plymouth, hull, colchester, barnsley etc. etc. ad nauseam. To dismiss the fact that our support is so large, and its spending power also, is to swallow the boards line hook line and sinker.    

Hi there,

I just have posted responses, re: the "dailly situation", just now. 

I advised you guys of it, before it became public news At that time, I just got abuse.

I never respond to, "our club has got more fans than yours" posts etc.

Sorry pal, I just can''t let this go? Please take it in the spirit intended.

WHU have played, to a full house of 35,000, for many seasons now. Season tickets have had to be capped at 26,000 to allow some sale to general public. Always, a big sellout. Magnuson has already purchased the land for a new 50,000 seater stadium outside West Ham tube station, which everybody knows, will be full to capacity. Our fans, overseas, are big. Next time you go on holiday, see how many people are walking around in WHU shirts compared to Norwich ones.  Equal fanbase, sorry fella, not even close.

Have a nice weekend!

West Ham played to 35,000 when they were bumming around the bottom of the Championship, like we are now? Pull the other one pal, its got jellied eels on it. For 3 seasons the size of our crowds has been restricted by the size of our gound. In the prem, 30,000 plus would be no problem for Norwich City. Have a nice weekend yourself.

Charlesdad

Yes WHU did get full houses.

Can''t stand jellied eels, yuk.

Big crowds at Carrow Road, good on yer -  

Championship football is great. Honestly, think that you have a great product, for Sky to show. Your Championship attendances are great, as are many of other teams, in your league. Alot of people want to view it on the box. As long as you club''s can screw the television companies, for as much as possible, the finances of you all, looks great. Agree, disagree, let me know?

Thanks for your kind wishes.

[quote user="lobster catcher"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]By the look of most of your posts nutty i can only assume you are happy watching the complete rubbish grant is making his TEAM(it is his team now isn''t it) play.As for me i was full of hope preseason,quite happy after preston,positive after southampton,slightly worried after cardiff and hull,very concerned at his team selection for palace and absolutley gob smacked at his team tuesday night.Then to read his lame excuses for why he picked a team for a nil nil draw it  dawned upon me that he is not up to the job.I just hope you have a spare couple of years to watch some terrible football cos that is all we are going to get i am afraid, we all know how long it takes norwich to sack a manager[/quote]

You can assume what you like lobster catcher.

I was just saying that this team is not devoid of spirit and passion which was said in the original post.

I will make an assumption about you now - I assume you are happy to accept anything thats posted about Norwich City Football Club, regardless of whether it''s true, just as long as it''s critical.

I wouldn''t normally make such an assumtion but you started it and my dads bigger than yours![:|]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="lobster catcher"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]By the look of most of your posts nutty i can only assume you are happy watching the complete rubbish grant is making his TEAM(it is his team now isn''t it) play.As for me i was full of hope preseason,quite happy after preston,positive after southampton,slightly worried after cardiff and hull,very concerned at his team selection for palace and absolutley gob smacked at his team tuesday night.Then to read his lame excuses for why he picked a team for a nil nil draw it  dawned upon me that he is not up to the job.I just hope you have a spare couple of years to watch some terrible football cos that is all we are going to get i am afraid, we all know how long it takes norwich to sack a manager[/quote]

I was just saying that this team is not devoid of spirit and passion which was said in the original post.

I will make an assumption about you now - I assume you are happy to accept anything thats posted about Norwich City Football Club, regardless of whether it''s true, just as long as it''s critical.

I wouldn''t normally make such an assumtion but you started it and my dads bigger than yours![:|]

[/quote]You know my dad,god man tell me more my mum told me he died in the war,jokes aside if you read my early posts i was very positive about this season,problem is i didn''t expect grant to play such negitive boring football with the talent he has avalible

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

Turn the wireless off, and do your own commentary then........And make sure you have a large cake slice and a bowl of thick sugary icing with you - to smooth over the exposed cracks and poor quality, in the tasteless and bland layer cake made with prudent ingredients served from the Carra kitchen.

Yup! Blame the commentator, the fans, the weather, Danny Mills, Mrs Mills (and her out of tune piano), Tiny Tim, Scrooge, The British showjumping team, The Red Arrows, Idi Amin, Me, First Buses, Rasputin, 18 years of Tory rule, the neighbour''s leylandii trees, dog fouled pavements, misalignment of the planets, New World Order, Bank of England, Big Brother, Sooty (and Sweep)........etc, etc......

But - don''t ever blame those who aren''t responsible and never will be..........whoever they are? 

[/quote]

Don''t blame it on sunshine[H]

Don''t blame it on moonlight[S]

Don''t blame it on good times[<:o)]

Blame it on the boogie[:''(]

[:|]

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

Don''t blame it on sunshine[H]

Don''t blame it on moonlight[S]

Don''t blame it on good times[<:o)]

Blame it on the boogie[:''(]

[:|]

[/quote]Don''t blame it on granty     Don''t blame it on the players      Don''t blame it on the board  [:D][:D]Blame it on the negitive posters on here

[quote user="lobster catcher"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="lobster catcher"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]You know my dad,god man tell me more my mum told me he died in the war,jokes aside if you read my early posts i was very positive about this season,problem is i didn''t expect grant to play such negitive boring football with the talent he has avalible[/quote]

Thats fair enough, many people wanted to see a different formation on Tuesday night, me included. I posted on this board before I left for the game that I would prefer 442 with the 2 being Strihavka and Huckerby. Grant picked the team and went with what he did, thats his choice. Negative? possibly! But the players he put on the pitch played with more passion and commitment than I had seen for a couple of years from a Norwich side away from home.

So when the original poster of this thread stated that we don''t have passion or spirit I posted what I did. Even the messageboard hero Richard Balls said there was no doubting our passion and commitment in his much lauded column last night.

OK I will accept that the team displayed spirit and passion and even commitment BUT under Worthington that was often said by the manager and it has also been said by Grant. May be the team is a work in progress BUT you must have also read and listened to Grant and members of the board trot out the same words each and every week.

Like I said I am not calling for resignations or sackings just an end to sob stories and as you said lame excuses. TEAM  (together everyone achieves more) that''s the board, the manager, the players and the fans. We have paid our money and continued our commitment, in my case 40 years of commitment. To be honest I am sick and bored of directors and managers who despite the commitment of the fans show so little respect for the people who pay their wages US.

Unfortunately all of us were probably pleased at the fact Grant let go players he no longer felt were value for money and pleased he signed his players but they are not a TEAM and over the past three years the quality of our squad has fallen greatly.

Its time to produce and if the board, Grant and the players cant do that they should at least show the fans respect and stop opening their mouths and spuming out sob stories and lame excuses. At this point we are much worse than probably all of us want to admit. Just look at the six league performances and see what positives you can come up with other than the contested spirit and passion. See if the positives include the elements needed to WIN.