Sign in to follow this  
bigbear

what team/formation at wolves?

I noticed that Wolves lost at home on Tuesday night.  That and the fact that they haven''t had a great start to the season, means that they will play us off the park as they usually do at Molineaux.  With Dublin out, that obviously means that Shacks will probably be back, with The Doc who has more lives than a cat.  With the hours I work, I was in bed before the end of the game.  I got to work, and was told that we managed to concede 2 pens.  My 1st words were, " was it docherty who gave one of them away?".  Did I need to ask the question?

We will play with 2 centre backs who can''t play together and we could have any number of formations and players in the midfield and up front.  When Grant came to the club and we beat Birmingham away (which he wasn''t really in charge for anyway), he said that we shouldn''t be scared of anyone in the league.  Unfortunately, Grant picks the teams and formations that suggest that we are.

How many chances are we going to keep giving Brown?  He may play quite well, but him and Cureton clearly do not link up.  From what I have seen so far, whether it is a poor header from Brown and poor reading of the flick by Cureton, i''m struggling to remember one single time that Brown has flicked the ball on to allow Cureton a chance.  Too many long balls with Brown up front anyway in my opinion, especially as 2 seconds later the ball is at the feet of the opposition as he has mucked it up.

my line up:marshallsemmy    spillane   shax   drurycroft   rusty     brellier   hux             martin   curetonwith

dubs out - why bother putting the doc in??? he can''t play effectively

with shax anyway.  also, martin is heads and shoulders above brown,

grant will have to swallow his pride and stick martin in.  martin saved

his ass last jan/feb - his goals are needed again to get city up the

right end of the table.i don''t mind lappin on the left an hux up front with either martin or cureton - but certainly we need to get the goals flowing, and have goalscorers in the squad.

They are an average side, who are not in good form at the moment and will be low on confidence. e need to go for them from the start, go to win the game, get an early goal and then the crowd will get on their backs and put them under more pressure.

Therefore Cureton, hucks and Strihavka all need to start in my opinion, so we have that threat. Probably with a 4-3-1-2. A Sterdy 3 man midfield, with Hucks floating with Curo and dave up top.

4-4-2 for me, and assuming all fit (and dion suspended) I would go

Marshall

Ostembor  Doc Shax Drury

Croft    Rusty  Brellier  Lappin

Strihavka  Hux

Subs  Gilks, Cureton, Chadwick, Brown, Spillane 

My line up would be:

Marshall

Otsemobor   Spillane   Shackell   Drury

Croft    Russell   Brellier   Huckerby

Strihavka   Cureton

Subs: Gilks, Doc, Lappin, Martin, Brown

However I have a feeling it will be:

Marshall

Otsemobor   Spillane   Shackell   Drury

Russell   Brellier   Lappin

Huckerby

Strihavka   Cureton

[quote user="C.T"]

In an ideal world prehaps HUDDY [:)]

[:-*]Have you forgotten who we have in charge?

[/quote]

Wishful thinking i know!

It''s probably more likely to be

Marshall

Semmy   Donkerty   Shackall   Drury

Russel   Brellier   Lappin

Chadwick                              Hucks

No Goal Brown

Subs: Gilks, Murray, Cureton, Dave, Chadwick

Unfortunately!

With also none our younger players in sight

[quote user="mbncfc"]Why care? We''re screwed anyway...[/quote]

Cheer up mate, don''t let them get to you.

I''d go with the same team as Zipper. There''s no way we can play Hucks, Cureton and DTS away from home, we''d get slaughtered.

I guess that makes me as negative and clueless as PG. SHACK OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dave striker looks more of threat than martin imo,

i would quite happily take martin starting (score 3goals now)

you need good right winger to take on our very weak left side so i would play chadwick or even put hucks there for the game as he would get much joy there

I would play:                Marshall    Semmy Doc Shacks DruryChadwick Russel Brellier Lappin            Strihavka CuretonBench: Gilks, Spillane, Croft, Huckerby, Brownplanned subs:  On: Croft, Huckerby - Off: Chadwick, Lappin.This would happen after 60m-65 mins if losing and 70-75 if drawing.  On: Brown Off: Cureton - if we are winning after 75 minutes and need a better outlet for clearences from the defense. (This is why he gets the nod over Martin.)Of course this depends on Chadwick being fit.  If he''s not fit then Croft starts, and Martin goes on the bench as well.

''Quote....''

They are an average side, who are not in good form at the moment and will be low on confidence. e need to go for them from the start, go to win the game, get an early goal and then the crowd will get on their backs and put them under more pressure.

SO WE ARE NOT AN AVERAGE SIDE (Lost 3 from 5), WHO ARE NOT IN GOOD FORM, (Lost 3 from 5) AND ARE NOT LOW ON CONFIDENCE (Lost 3 from 5) and are near the bottom of the table.........with a manager who plays a striker who can''t score goals........can''t get the ''balance right in midfield'' (his own words) and has a realisation that since he came to this club his central defence was crap..........and he still hasn''t done anything about it.

ET AL NORWICH CITY FOR WOLVES.... we will not win there.........and the pressure will mount on PG...........rightly so!!

I thnk that we must play 4-4-2 with jamie playing, he was last seasons top scorer for god sake. [:D] i think that we should try him with strihavka and if it doesn''t work then change it!!!!

MARSHALL

OTSEMOBOR      DOHERTY      SHACKELL      DRURY

CROFT                  RUSSELL      LAPPIN               HUCKERBY

CURETON     STRIHAVKA

also important that we have options on the bench

GILKS, BRELLIER, BROWN, CHADWICK, MURRAY?

More like the same team as tuesday night with shacks replacing dublin cos "we were only 5 mins away from a 0-0 so the tactics were nearly spot on" .I am afraid i have lost faith in Mr grant and his lame reasons for his team selections.Playing rubbish football like we are will result in only one thing and we all know what that is!

Does not really matter what we all suggest on here because as Grant said in his post match interview after the Charlton game ''I am the manager''.  To be honest his team selection for me on Tuesday was so shocking that in that one game I have gone from giving him a good chance to now believing he is not the man for the job.  Hux in the middle does not work as shown on Tue - he is far better on the left which could have given Cureton the middle position and Shrihavka instead of Brown.  Also Chadwick for me is a complete waste of space - give Croft his position and then we may find we might do something.  Other teams come to Carrow Road and attack so why cant we expect to do the same away instead of playing for a boring point which we are not good at getting anyway as we cannot defend for 90 mins.  But Grant is the manager so expect all sorts on Saturday and I wont be at all surprised if we come away from there well beaten.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

4-4-2 for me, and assuming all fit (and dion suspended) I would go

Marshall

Ostembor  Doc Shax Drury

Croft    Rusty  Brellier  Lappin

Strihavka  Hux

Subs  Gilks, Cureton, Chadwick, Brown, Spillane 

[/quote]Not quite the same as mine this time!

Marshall

Semmy, Doc, Shacks, Drury

Croft, Russell, Brellier, Lappin

Dave, Cureton

Subs: Gilks, Spillane, Murray, Hucks, Brown

Nothing against Hucks playing, just feel we need the defensive abilities of Lappin away against Wolves and I want to see Dave and Jamie playing together for a full game (or thereabouts) With Huckerby to definitely come on for either JC or Lappin depending if we''re winning or losing respectively.

[quote user="HUDDY"]

Therefore Cureton, hucks and Strihavka all need to start in my opinion, so we have that threat. Probably with a 4-3-1-2. A Sterdy 3 man midfield, with Hucks floating with Curo and dave up top.

[/quote]

bit of topic but we not an average side, im not saying we something special! but we better than average side thats why we got playoffs last year and tipped win league this year!!

i would call plymouth an average side

and i would deffo call norwich more than average side than wolves given our current squads

[quote user="OTBC"]Who we play is irrelevant, we''re going to lose.
[/quote]

If wolves play how we did on tues not even leigh rmi could lose to us

team                   marshallsemi     spillane      shackell        lappincroft              brellier              huckerby                     russell           cureton   strihavka ( i can spell it)SUBS: Gilks, donkerty, chadwick, brown, martinbalancedish, pacy, hold up game, strength, pace= croft, semi, huckerby and lappin all tread water well so worth having in,hold up play= strihavka and brellier both hold a ball up, well should do.strength= well, lappin is strong, brellier should be, strihavka has some strength, and russell is always up for a battle.

[quote user="percyp"]

''Quote....''

SO WE ARE NOT AN AVERAGE SIDE (Lost 3 from 5), WHO ARE NOT IN GOOD FORM, (Lost 3 from 5) AND ARE NOT LOW ON CONFIDENCE (Lost 3 from 5) and are near the bottom of the table.........with a manager who plays a striker who can''t score goals........can''t get the ''balance right in midfield'' (his own words) and has a realisation that since he came to this club his central defence was crap..........and he still hasn''t done anything about it.

ET AL NORWICH CITY FOR WOLVES.... we will not win there.........and the pressure will mount on PG...........rightly so!!

[/quote]

I never once said that we werent an average side, i never said that we were in good form, and i never said we were high on confidence.  I never denied we were near the bottom of the table, and ididnt say we''re coring goals. I never actually once defended Peter Grant and his team selections, i never reasoned and agreed with his decisions. So please don''t start arguing something which isnt there.

I dont think we''ll win tomorrrow, if we win i''ll be completely shocked to be jonest.

What i was saying is that we need to be positive, attack Wolves from the off and if we could nick a goal that would really turn the Wolves fans angry and impatient because of their bad form.

This is the selection & formation I''d prefer, but it obviously it won''t happen:

4-4-2 attacking

Marshall - gk

Otsemober - rb 

Shackell - cb

Spillane - cb

Lappin - lb

Croft - rw

Russell - cm

Brellier - cm

Huckerby - lw

Cureton - f

Strihavka - f

subs:

Gilks

Chadwick (if fit)

Jarvis

Cave-Brown

Martin

Marshall

Semmy Doc Shacks Drury

Croft Brellier Lappin Hucks

Cureton Strihavka

Don''t like dropping Rusty but he''s been a bit short on quality. And although Brown does work very hard for the team he hasn''t got a goal. Chadwick dropped after poor showings so far this season.