Sign in to follow this  
The Judge

Good to see Grant using his contacts

I admit I was one of those supporters who although firmly believed Grant was the cheap and wrong option when he was appointed. However I tried to console myself and tried to find rationale and positives in the appointment. One of the reasons I thought was that at least he had foothold and connections West Ham and was apparently well respected by the players their- therefore I and others hoped he would be able to use these connections to bring in some of the better fringe and younger players at West Ham(or other prem) to Norwich.

What have we seen since then - nothing !- diddly squat ! not even a link to a loan. Appreciate Pardew soon moved on to Charlton which may have messed things up abit (but who have we been linked with  from Charlton either ?) and now I see Dailly has gone to one of our competitors on loan. I know he wouldn''t have been many peoples first choice central defender (including my own) but in the absence of no -one else I would have taken him at the drop of a hat. He has got to be better than what we have at the moment - which is dire to be kind !  

All Grants "connections" have brought in are primarily second rate scottish players. Fair enough Marshall is a good acquistion, and Lappin is a steady player ON THE LEFT, but Murray and Fotheringham - the jury is out. How some people say Fotheringham not being available is the reason for our poor performances this season does amaze me. You are probably the same people who were slagging him off for not being up to the task the second half of last season !! I hope I am wrong but he is an average player at best (as is Lappin) and if we are pinning our hope on these guys then, i''m sorry fellas you are clutching at straws.

Surely if Grant had any sway, or standing with the fringe players at West Ham we would have got Dailly in to strenghten our appaullingly weak defence. Unfortunately Grant doesn''t seem to have the respect and pull of players that we were led to believe or hoped...the appointment seems stranger and more flawed by the day.

I still hope as a NCFC supporter I am proved totally wrong and he leads us to glory, or at least challenging playoffs this season, but unfortunately this seems more and more unlikely. I am not one to solely blame Grant for his shortcomings I am firmly in the camp that it is absolutely and fundamentally the current boards fault for the situation we currently find ourselves in - the buck stops at the top. Until we see a change their nothing with change.

In Delia''s immortal words; Turners where are you ? - lets be havin'' you.. ! What have these two proclaimed by some messiahs bought to party since their appointment ? - not alot is the answer. We need more investment to be successful - unfortunately Delia is not looking for it...

Friday afternoon post pub rant over...!

Maybe, you''ve seen it, or, maybe you think, "he would say that, wouldn''t he"?

When interviewed, Pardew said, " PG will be a very good manager, I am sure of that".

"In the short term, he will put down a strong base. In the long term, he will look to expand his squad, with more attacking flair."

"He is a typical scotsman, who will never give in, until the job is done". 

[quote user="The Judge"]All Grants "connections" have brought in are primarily second rate scottish players. Fair enough Marshall is a good acquistion, and Lappin is a steady player ON THE LEFT, but Murray and Fotheringham - the jury is out. How some people say Fotheringham not being available is the reason for our poor performances this season does amaze me. You are probably the same people who were slagging him off for not being up to the task the second half of last season !! I hope I am wrong but he is an average player at best (as is Lappin) and if we are pinning our hope on these guys then, i''m sorry fellas you are clutching at straws.[/quote]

Really?!?! And there was me thinking that Brellier was french, Strihavka a czech, with Cureton, Russell and Otsemobor being english.

I agree with you about the jury being out on Ian Murray, that''s obvious it still is, but I''ve always thought that there was something about Fozzy when I saw him last season. Yes, he looked off the pace at times, but you have to remember that he had been playing one or two different countries, where the pace of the game is played differently. He was superb when he came on as a sub against Southampton, it was a great decision that changed the outcome of the game for us in my opinion. Yes, Curo scored two very well taken goals in that game, but Fozzy''s contribution after he came on in the second half, and before he went and got injured, was superb.

I don''t think that him not being available is the reason for the poor performances, but it was a bit of a blow, especially with Jimmy Smith injured as well. I think that once Fozzy gets fit again and gets picked, he could well go on to be a key player for us this season.

As for Lappin, I think you''re being a bit unfair there too. Look at the goals he''s scored this season so far, against Barnet and Cardiff, quality finishes both of them. Not just that, he''s a good crosser of the ball and I believe him to be a threat when taking corners and free-kicks from dangerous positions. And we haven''t had that in a long time, have we?

I agree with the guy above me on Lappin. If we dont challenge particularly well he will go to Rangers, Celtic, or a prem club. He is a very, very good player that came in under the shadow of Fotheringham and proved himself to be very good.

As for the comments on Fotheringham, he is another good player but he took longer to settle. How many Norwich players have their own trick?

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=vEnX3RKVe_k

I think you''ll find its only him, and he''s a good player and all!

However I will say that as a collective thing a lot of players, including him, need to change the hair thing!

[quote user="Bigmarkcanary"]

Really?!?! And there was me thinking that Brellier was french, Strihavka a czech, with Cureton, Russell and Otsemobor being english.

[/quote]

Though David McStrihavka has a nice ring to it...

"I agree with the guy above me on Lappin. If we dont challenge particularly well he will go to Rangers, Celtic, or a prem club. He is a very, very good player that came in under the shadow of Fotheringham and proved himself to be very good."

I fear the same will happen with Otsemobor. Hes an excellent player who cost us nothing. By january or next summer he could be gone already if he keeps up the workrate.

[quote user="paint_me_yellow"]

"I agree with the guy above me on Lappin. If we dont challenge particularly well he will go to Rangers, Celtic, or a prem club. He is a very, very good player that came in under the shadow of Fotheringham and proved himself to be very good."

I fear the same will happen with Otsemobor. Hes an excellent player who cost us nothing. By january or next summer he could be gone already if he keeps up the workrate.

[/quote]

Two reasons why we must improve! Can''t see those two wanting to hang around come January or the summer if we don''t!