Sign in to follow this  
Tom NCFC

Johnny Gavin - RIP

http://new.pinkun.com/content/ncfc/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PinkUnOnline&tCategory=Norwich&itemid=NOED20%20Sep%202007%2015%3A04%3A56%3A513

I''m far too young to know this guy but still I have a connection to him.

When My grandad went to see Norwich it was around Johnny Gavin''s time at the Club, so I say Thank you to Johnny Gavin for giving my grandad a reason to watch the canaries.

RIP

any word on one minute silence or anything on saturday, send my concelences to the club and the players family, i also too young to know him but sounds like he was a real player

if there is a minutes applause on sat or whatever be my 5th game in row with someone dying! everyone going to dread playing us

never saw him play of course as im also far 2 young but RIP ...

do you know what the black armbands are in reference of .... anything he did maybe in particular?? i just wondered

I''m also too young to remember him, but am aware of his record and have read about him. My condolences go to his family. Thanks for the goals.

We8wba, you''ve annoyed me. I hate Wolves with a passion but your arrival on here with your interest, reason and politeness has softened that hatred that I enjoyed so much. Good to have you around. ;-)

l was privileged to have seen Johnny Gavin, he was one of our greats, never a bad game (As l remember) l think together with Jimmy Greaves still hold the joint scoring record for Spurs 4 goals in a match.

what he acheived will never be beaten for the club.. R I P to a true club legend.. im far to young to have seen him but class is apparent and he had it in bundles...

jas :)

[quote user="All in Yellow"]

I''m also too young to remember him, but am aware of his record and have read about him. My condolences go to his family. Thanks for the goals.

We8wba, you''ve annoyed me. I hate Wolves with a passion but your arrival on here with your interest, reason and politeness has softened that hatred that I enjoyed so much. Good to have you around. ;-)

[/quote]

i can always be an a$$hole when we obv beat you sat n rub it in if you wish me to? ;-p

I am one of the few on here who actually saw him play.

Johnny was my favourite player when I was a boy. He could play on either wing and also at centre forward. I still remember the day he scored 4 against Southend in a 7-2 victory. 1956 If memory serves.

Those were the days when if a wingers cross was overhit for the centre forward there was always the opposite winger ready to bang it in. Thats something you just don''t see anymore.

A great player and some great memories for us oldies.