Sign in to follow this  
Dom

So what would your starting XII be?

Mine is......

Marshall

Otemebor                Spillane                          Shackell                        Lappin

Croft                          Russell                       Brellier                         Hucks

Strihavka                         Cureton

[quote user="Dom"]

Mine is......

Marshall

Otemebor                Spillane                          Shackell                        Lappin

Croft                          Russell                       Brellier                         Hucks

Strihavka                         Cureton

[/quote]Couldnt agree more. Nowt else to say about it.

Mine would be:

Marshall

Otsemobor Spillane Shackell Drury

Croft Russell Rossi J Lappin

Strihavka Huckerby

If Dublin wasn''t out suspended I have him start up front with Hucks. I think we have much more shape when Hucks isn''t on the left and he can then wander freely wherever playing up front!

If all are fit or against wolves?  For the latter see the wolves team thread - all fit it woudl read

Marshall

Otsemebor          Doc         Shax       Drury

Chadwick            Brellier       Smith      Lappin

Strihavka   Hux

Subs

Gilks, Dion, Cureton, Croft, Fozzy

Midfield is the problem for me;   Chadwick and Croft are very interchangable game by game (last season it was all get rid of croft coz chadders looks better,  this season chadders is playing and now its the non playing croft who is the messiah!!) the same with Brellier and Rusty,  and probably smith and fozzy.

Brown, Murray and Rusty miss out as Dion gives cover up top and back,  cureton for hux, while the midfielders can change games too.  

For me, all the other 8 places are done deals.  

Marshall

Otsembor                               Spillane                            Shax                                               Drury

Croft                                    Russell                                 Brellier                                Lappin

Striker                              Cureton

Subs: Huckerby       Doc        Gilks      Martin        Chadwick

Mine...assuming everyone is fit and available!

Marshall

Otsemobor

Spillane

Shackell

Lappin

Russell

Smith

Brellier

Huckerby

Cureton

Strihavka

Gilks, Cave-Brown, Fotheringham, Dublin, Martin.

Not sure about shoving Rusty out onto the right but think he can play there-full of energy and running, and can cut inside if needed. Smith is the creativity in the middle -we hope!- with Brellier, the watercarrier, alongside him.

Martin pushing JC and Dave very hard.

And Spillane FINALLY getting a run of games after rarely doing anything wrong whenever previously selected!

Shame about Juke Box but we need someone on the left hand side who can roughly replicate speediy Jon on the right, and he ain''t that man. Think he''s off in January anyway.

[quote user="blacko"]Sorry to be pedantic but XI is eleven[/quote]

We''d still struggle with 12 players on the pitch and we''d still play 1 up front away from home, in a 5-5-1 formation!

Marshall

Otsemobor        Spillane              Shackell      Drury

Croft                Russell                  Lappin         Huckerby

Strihavka               Cureton

SUBS
Gilks, Doherty, Martin, Brown, Brellier/Chadwick

I''ll probably get slated for this unfamiliar, unenglish formation

ie too narrow too much space between back 3,

-just think with the players we have at our disposal this formation would promote a far more fluid ''non-linear''style

making the most of our defensive midfielders with supposedly good engines & providing creativity on the flanks & around the opposition''s box..

Most importantly for me it would encourage GOOD MOVEMENT (both in and out of possession) & a short triangular passing game (in theory keeping the ball more)           

MARSHALL

OTSEMOBOR          SHACKELL            DRURY

BRELLIER            RUSSELL

CROFT                                                                     LAPPIN

HUCKERBY

STRIHAVKA      CURETON

.....thoughts?

[quote user="Alex Harvey-Jones"]

Mine would be:

Marshall

Otsemobor Spillane Shackell Drury

Croft Russell Rossi J Lappin

Strihavka Huckerby

If Dublin wasn''t out suspended I have him start up front with Hucks. I think we have much more shape when Hucks isn''t on the left and he can then wander freely wherever playing up front!

[/quote]

Spillane and Rossi Jarvis in the spine of the team? That''s an easy day out for Wolves.

I would have:

Marshall

Otsemobor Shackell Murray(?) Drury

Brellier

Russel

Croft                                Lappin

Dave       Cureton

Murray gets a queston mark because Im not sure if he''ll be fit, if not then Spillane. Dave on the right up front because then he will have more crosses from Lappin, who suits him better, and Cureton will get more from Croft and Speedy Jonzales, who suit him better. This can be seen from the fact almost all Curetons goals have come from crosses from the right. I dont think Huckerby is fully fit yet and will not be a threat for most of the game because of it. Croft gets in, not just because Chadwick is out imo he is better on the right. 

Failing this I would also be fine with the formation Walks On Water suggested, it looks like a good structure.

Subs- Gilks, Haliday, Brown, Huckerby, Rossi Jarvis