Sign in to follow this  
ricky knight

Are people realising we are not binners

Myself and others have been labelled binners and other things on here for criticising NCFC and there lack of ambition. Many of us felt Grant was the wrong choice of manager, we felt he was a cheap option and lacking in experience, since charlton it seems more people are agreeing with us.

Another concern was our signings, Brown is he good enough, will he score enough goals, again support for this thinking is mounting. Cheap options from the scottish league were criticised, only lappin is so far proving his worth.

The refusal to spend money on a decent striker and centre is coming back to haunt us, we lack goals, and our defence is giving away silly goals.

Summing up just because we criticise City dont mean we are not supporters, just supporters with fears for our team, which up to now are being justified.

Surely only Binners would be happy with how things are going at Carrow Rd. And only Binners would be happy with Peter Grant''s performance!

[quote user="ricky knight"]

Myself and others have been labelled binners and other things on here for criticising NCFC and there lack of ambition. Many of us felt Grant was the wrong choice of manager, we felt he was a cheap option and lacking in experience, since charlton it seems more people are agreeing with us.

Another concern was our signings, Brown is he good enough, will he score enough goals, again support for this thinking is mounting. Cheap options from the scottish league were criticised, only lappin is so far proving his worth.

The refusal to spend money on a decent striker and centre is coming back to haunt us, we lack goals, and our defence is giving away silly goals.

Summing up just because we criticise City dont mean we are not supporters, just supporters with fears for our team, which up to now are being justified.

[/quote]

I never thought you were a binner, but I do think you''re a bit melodramatic, lol! [:)] I know how angry this will make you (joke[;)]), but I think it''s too early to condemn Grant and his team. I think he made a mistake in being too defensive for the whole match on Tuesday night, but the way people have reacted you would think he had invented bird flu.

And I already know that you think that this sort of thinking is responsible for the irreversible decline of our club but I suppose we''ll have to agree to differ. [;)] I''m actually confident that the players he has brought in are (on the whole) better than those he has shipped out and I''m willing for them to have more time to prove themselves.        

[quote user="Hardhouse44"]

Surely only Binners would be happy with how things are going at Carrow Rd. And only Binners would be happy with Peter Grant''s performance!

[/quote]

So much for trying to be adult about our differences in opinion.

[quote user=""][quote user="Hardhouse44"]

[/quote]

So much for trying to be adult about our differences in opinion.

[/quote]

What?

If there is one person who is currently happy with how it''s all going on here the I''d be amazed. If there is one person who is happy with our league position I''d be amazed. And if there is one person on here who thinks that Peter Grant has got us player good football and competing well in the league I''d be gob smacked.

My point was that we are all in this together and that nobody on here is a Binner because none of us "are" happy. Some are content to give it more time some are not but the uniting fact is we ALL want it to be better than it is.

I don''t always agree with what you and most of the others to whom you refer post Ricky but I for one generally find it interesting and thought provoking. Just because it is critical of the club, the board etc I have never assumed it meant you were not a supporter. 

Most posters on here come across as clearly having a love for the club and wanting to see improvement, it''s just our respective views on how to achieve this that may vary - but if we all saw everything the same the world would be very dull.  Such posters don''t indicate they want to see the club fail, dont gloat when we lose because it proves they were right etc and therein is the difference between the people you are describing in your post and the likes of Smudger. 

I agree our failure to strengthen our defence is a scandal, and that some of Peter''s signings have yet to fire (although I think a fit Fotheringham has plenty to offer and Brellier has real potential once settled) but I never had expectations we would do anything more than flirt with the playoffs (probably unsuccessfully) this year.  On the basis of such an expectation what I have seen to date this season is not that much of a surprise and hence I am not as disappointed as some others at the impact of a late away defeat at the hands of a team who were in the Premiership last season - if we had hung on for a nil-nil many of those now screaming for Grant''s head would have been perfectly happy.

Lets hope for a better result on Saturday against the Wolves!

I''ve never called you or anyone else on here a binner, besides some of my closest friends are binners and I''ve never held that against them.

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"]

I don''t always agree with what you and most of the others to whom you refer post Ricky but I for one generally find it interesting and thought provoking. Just because it is critical of the club, the board etc I have never assumed it meant you were not a supporter. 

Most posters on here come across as clearly having a love for the club and wanting to see improvement, it''s just our respective views on how to achieve this that may vary - but if we all saw everything the same the world would be very dull.  Such posters don''t indicate they want to see the club fail, dont gloat when we lose because it proves they were right etc and therein is the difference between the people you are describing in your post and the likes of Smudger. 

I agree our failure to strengthen our defence is a scandal, and that some of Peter''s signings have yet to fire (although I think a fit Fotheringham has plenty to offer and Brellier has real potential once settled) but I never had expectations we would do anything more than flirt with the playoffs (probably unsuccessfully) this year.  On the basis of such an expectation what I have seen to date this season is not that much of a surprise and hence I am not as disappointed as some others at the impact of a late away defeat at the hands of a team who were in the Premiership last season - if we had hung on for a nil-nil many of those now screaming for Grant''s head would have been perfectly happy.

[/quote]

I dont gloat when we lose but i do worry my fears are justified with every Grant line up and tactical ricket, I worry about our goal scoring, with only Cureton being known as prolific. I worry we have no pace in the team to put fear in the opposition, i worry our team cannot defend as a unit, not just the Doc.I worry our board has zero ambition. I want us to win saturday and every match but does Grant, judging by his line ups and tactics he does not he seems happy to cling on for a 0-0.

Anyone who thinks grant in his first managerial is up to the job must be deluded.I had nothing against giving him a try but for gods sake the rubbish he has got us playing is disgraceful.Also some off the lame excuses he uses for losing are rubbish,We got hammered tuesday night but all we hear about is that 5ft 2 bully danny mills.If wanting the best for norwich makes you a binner then i am afraid thats what i must be.My biggest problem with grant is  the fact we haven''t played well for 60 mins this season let alone 90,he is too negitive and taticaly nieve.Rubbish football never won anything,grinding out results yes,but we can''t seem to do that can we

I do like Grant and want him to succeed but im slowly losing patience with the board. When we got the money from earnie i was confident that PG would be able to bring some REAL quality in. But unfortunately they are depriving him ..........

PG is extremely proactive, scouring the lower leagues,europe and bringing players in (unfortunately no cb but not thru trying!) i just wish the bloody board would back him!!

HH44,

I read your post in the context of Ricky''s original post - i.e. I thought that you were implying that if we didn''t want to sack Grant then we were happy with the current state of affairs.

Sorry if it wasn''t meant like that.

Totally agree Ricky [Y]

I would never call you a binner for your views.

The only people I have called binners on here are those who admit it themselves or those who do Rory Bremner quality impersonations of ipswich fans.

Ricky not wanting Peter Grant does not make him a binner.

[quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="Pboro_Canary"]

[/quote]

I dont gloat when we lose but i do worry my fears are justified with every Grant line up and tactical ricket, I worry about our goal scoring, with only Cureton being known as prolific. I worry we have no pace in the team to put fear in the opposition, i worry our team cannot defend as a unit, not just the Doc.I worry our board has zero ambition. I want us to win saturday and every match but does Grant, judging by his line ups and tactics he does not he seems happy to cling on for a 0-0.

[/quote]

hehehe nice try Ricky...

Couldn''t give two monkeys hoots about what anybody on here thinks about me... especially those whose rhetoric makes them believe that those of us who criticise the club are binners... how truly pathetic!!!

I hear about those who claimed some fella called SMUDGER on some scum site was me during my asbcence and laughed my socks off at it...  I do not even look at scum websites let alone post on them, so just maybe it says something about those who were looking on their in the first place rather than myself???

Anyhow heres hoping for a 4-0 victory for Wolves today... a bit of short term pain for long term gain is what is required at Carrow Road these days...

Then hopefully next season we can start to rebuild under a new board and a new manager!!!

OTBC  [:D]

[quote user="cityangel"]I''ve never called you or anyone else on here a binner, besides some of my closest friends are binners and I''ve never held that against them.[/quote]

Thats a lie darling. You do it to me on a weekly basis.