Sign in to follow this  
blacko

Nigel Worthingtons soaking wet army

What a nightmare, I was in the stand but was drenched by the time I arrived at the car on the opposite side of the ground. The fans outside deserve medals, you could have wrung their clothes out.

Leon looked really sharp, Bentley had some nice touches, Eddie was good, but it was difficult in awful conditions, The pitch was bumpy and by the end of the game it had patches of settled water on it. What Greeno was doing, when he let in the goal, I will never know, it looked like Crewe again!

Bentley sat right behind us at one stage and a girl asked him to smile at her phone for a picture, he was far too cool for that, so she asked him to take his shirt off. That worked, he beamed at her and said something rude under his breath.

It was freezing in the stand and Edworthy and Malky were in ordinary shirts. Lets hope they didn''t catch pneumonia, more to the point lets hope the fans didn''t!

Very nice to see that although the players were in the stands with the fans nothing was too much trouble, all of the signing autographs for large parts of the game, without any hint of being fed up with it.

Just a shame that, on a night where we were able to help a financially struggling club, the rain must have reduced the attendance dramatically.

I spoke to the guy selling tickets before the game and he said that the club had done everything it could to help Yarmouth. It had printed the tickets for them for free, not had a match fee or share of the gate money and the only demand made was that there were some stewards, who it looked like, had borrowed the FCR stewards jackets.

Bring on the Premiership!

I was in that stand opposite the main one and, yes, we all got drenched. Respect to my fellow fans who stayed til the bitter end...

You were in the stands?

Lucky you?

Three men and a brolly what a laugh we had.

Brilliant, surreal experience - shame the money Yarmouth made will be spend repairing the pitch!!!

At the end we thought it was easing off - got caught in the cloudburst and my trainers won''t be dry for a week.