Sign in to follow this  
lucky green trainers

stop slagging off granty

its not his fault - he''s not got the money he needs to bring decent players in.  sniffing around the scottish leagues and celtic/rangers reserves is hardly a well-worn and time honoured route to success.  the poor bloke even had to accept hunter as coach, and when he finally walks - its the end of pre-season, leaving us in the poo and no-one decent will come. the cupboard is bare.  its down to the utter negligence of the board.  they allowed worthy to hang himself last year by getting just one player in - crofty, then sacked him, and didn''t allow granty to bring his own people in.  wasted season, and we flirted with relegation.  martin saved our asses, and he can''t get in the squad now!!!we can all see where we need to strengthen - as they can from their directors boxes.  they won''t finanace a realisitic tilt at promotion - its all about consolidation, mid-table stability.  boring. the more i see of their action plan, the more it smacks of inaction.  imo, they''re gambling with our champs status - we''ve seen some poor performances so far, and wins scraped.  does this look in all honesty a top6 side???  it looks more likely to end in relegation form.  with injuries and dions sending off, we aren''t getting the luck either.i''m just hopin peter can turn it around today - and we can take 3 points off a slow-starting wolves, cos less face it, a win for them kick-starts their season, and knifes ours.NCFCcity to win 2-1

Exactly. DONT BLAME PETER BLAME THE BOARD[Y]. The point about the stability plan is a very good one however i would go further and say that the plan has been in place since the final whistle at Fulham.[:-*]

Totally agree LGT.  Sure PG has yet to prove himself but he''s trying to do it with one hand tied behind him. 

The reason the board are not funding the team is because they can''t.  I''ll skip the boring details [8-|] but in a nutshell they''ve dug themselves a huge hole by borrowing recklessly to fund nonessentials.  We have debts that must be paid off by the end of 2008 plus instalments on other debts and mounting interest payments on both.  The sums won''t add up unless they starve the team of resources.  

Relegation is a real threat this season imo.  Forget the top six, forget mid-table mediocrity, we''re in crisis folks.  Get focused on survival and get behind the team, no matter what.

Come on you lot. You are not going to tell me its the boards fault that he didn''t sign a centreback  during the summer. After last season this should of been the first signing. There was plenty of cheap centrebacks  moving about during the summer.  What about the starting line up the other night dropping cureton and strihavka in favour of brown. He is a joke!

Quite agree slagging him off this early in the season isnt going to achieve anything.

All Grant has proved is that he is no better than worthy and lacks every single bit of skill and knowledge to become a decent manager. We are no better off than we were this time last season or the season before apart from he managed to get rid of some of worthys dead wood and bring in his own underperforming cheap cack!

The sooner he is gone the better,the sooner the board are gone the better!

I am confused now - was the ''debacle'' at Charlton due to the 4-5-1 or not? 

The mass blind outcry is that 4-5-1 was the problem,  compounded by Brown starting when there were viable alternative tactics. Unless we have turned into hearts I dont see the board picking the team and selecting which tactics/formation to use.

Our problems are on the pitch - a continued failure to get the players to perform as a coherent team playing better as a unit than 11 individuals to get the results needed to obtain a competetive place in the league.   Our players are underperforming - bearing iun mind how the poor the opposition has been rated so far that suggests and consistent level of decent performance will push us well up the table.  That is not a board issue but a football issue - and that remains completely a manager/coach/player issue.

We have a squad  to get a play off place - the footballing leaders at the club have yet to suss out how the pieces of the jigsaw need to be put together to take them there;  if they cant solve that they need changing. 

The thing that is really getting on my nerves at the moment is the board.Before the start of the season we bid £2 million for Eastwood (think it was him).The baord said we are not selling Earnie,this is aswell as him.If anyone is sold the money will all go straight back in to the transfer kitty.Ok so we had 2 mil,plus 3.5 mil for Earnie,1 mil for Etuhu,and lets say 1 mil for Safri,Colin and whoever else we got a few pence for.That makes a total of 7.5 Mil.I worked out we have spent 2.2 mil.Add to that a load signing,let''say 500k.So once again where has the money gone ?? 5.3 million once again vanishes into thin air?.By the time christmas gets here our season will be over,so there will be no point bringing anyone inThey wonder why people are giving back season tickets and the attendances are starting to fall slowly.I for one am totaly dissillusioned with it all

The Board were wrong in appointing an unproven manager in the first place.  Not sure how that fitted in with "Prudence with ambition" as it seemed particularly unambitious at the time and looks increasingly so now.

sorry but you are wrong, grant was asked by the board do you wish to bring you own staff in and he said NO.

and if we win grant we change the team again.

i still belive its down to the manager.pg is a very poor inexperinced manager and we will go nowhere with him.

So it was the boards fault for the awful team selection on Tuesday night was it and it was the boards fault that he went there specifically for a 0-0 point instead of taking the game to Charlton  - of course it was grants fault on Tue but you will never have him admit it just as some of the fans would not admit it.

WHY, 2 0 DOWN AND A GOOD THRASHING COMING...............THE MAN HAS NOT GOT A CLUE, HE WAS A POOR SELECTION AS A MANAGER BY THE BOARD..........PRUDENCE WITH DEMOLITION.......!!

[quote user="Bomber"]So it was the boards fault for the awful team selection on Tuesday night was it and it was the boards fault that he went there specifically for a 0-0 point instead of taking the game to Charlton  - of course it was grants fault on Tue but you will never have him admit it just as some of the fans would not admit it.[/quote]

Ever heard the expression "shifting deckchairs on the Titanic" Bomber?  It is the board''s fault for getting the club into so much debt that we can''t afford a decent team. 

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

The mass blind outcry is that 4-5-1 was the problem,  compounded by Brown starting when there were viable alternative tactics. Unless we have turned into hearts I dont see the board picking the team and selecting which tactics/formation to use.

[/quote]

NOT TRUE ZLF

The problem was not bringing on a striker for the last 20 minutes. 

Grant changes the team every week, Win Lose or Draw, formations, personnell, players positions....  PATHETIC  its no wonder we are so awful...  Lappin must have played in about four different positions already this season.  Grants negative posturing during games, and continual 90 minutes of bellowing at seasoned proffesionals as to where they should be can''t be helping.

His man management seems a tad ''absolutely awful'' and Duffy is no better if his reputation from Dundee is to be beleived.

Grant has gotta go.

I try not to be a doom merchant and I like to give people a chance but this guy has gotta go.

Useless.

i have to say the team selection and formation looks wide of the mark today.  i''m disappointed with grant today after peeing about on tuesday, he should have kept it simple with players in their natural positions.  instead, he''s seems so worried about their danger men, he''s screwing up formation to nullify their strengths.  trouble is, we don''t play to our strengths - or as wolves first half shows, don''t play at all.  it shows also we miss dion - what a leader and inspiration. 

Grant has to take responsibility. He has had the opportunity to change things during matches - and failed miserably.CHRIST - BRELLIER IS A MUPPETYou plan to bring on a sub to have a go at getting back in the game, then change your mind because Shackell gets sent off. SURELY IT''S MORE IMPORTANT THAN EVER NOW?Again, a substitution whilst I''m typing is called off because of a red - the team hasn''t improved because of being reduced to 9 men - if the sub was right before the sending off, it must be even more ncessary after.What''s the worst that''s going to happen? Lose the game? We''re losing the *^£%%&=*! game anyway!Muppet, absolute muppet. All we need is Doc Oc to get a yellow and we might as well try to get the cup game called off because we don''t have enough centre-backs!F**K what a post to come back on the board with!

funny thing is FB, this is exactly what happened against Charlton, they scored and the substitution to bring on Cureton was delayed...  WE JUST LET A GOAL IN GRANT YOU  THICK MUPPET!!!   WE NEED A STRIKER ON TO SCORE ONE EVEN MORE - ARE YOU JUST FLIPPING STUPID MATE??

What an idiot we have in charge...  WELL DONE DOOMCASTER AND CO.   NEXT TIME YOU INTERVIEW A CANDIDATE LOOK AT THEIR TRACK RECORD - IT IS IMPORTANT.

As for JIM DUFFY, when you do sack grant, THIS GUY WAS RESPONSIBLE FOR 3 RELEGATIONS, DO NOT MAKE HIM MANAGER SO HE CAN RACK UP A FOURTH.....

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[/quote]

NOT TRUE ZLF

The problem was not bringing on a striker for the last 20 minutes. 

Grant changes the team every week, Win Lose or Draw, formations, personnell, players positions....  PATHETIC  its no wonder we are so awful...  Lappin must have played in about four different positions already this season.  Grants negative posturing during games, and continual 90 minutes of bellowing at seasoned proffesionals as to where they should be can''t be helping.

His man management seems a tad ''absolutely awful'' and Duffy is no better if his reputation from Dundee is to be beleived.

[/quote]

That was precisely my point CJF - its the manager and players that remain the problem - failing to deliver in terms of tactics, passion or performance to the level that the all clearly can.  That is purely within the manager and players control;  they are the ones udnerperforming and who should pay.

We have spend cash and used a large budget to have built a squad that IS ok for this league,  but its use is woeful.

A defeat looms on Tuesday and a sense of deja vu for sat is coming - burnley at home all over again.