Sign in to follow this  
Nishclishbang

Marks out of ten for Grant's signings?

Russell - 5 (no better, no worse than what we had)

Otsemobor - 8 (definite improvement - on performances, his best signing)

Cureton 7 - (...so play him, you fool)

Fotheringham - 5 (see Russell)

Lappin - 6 (at a push) - see Russell

Brown - 4 (leads the line well, but come on - he is a 5 goals a season man, always has been, always will be)

Brellier- 2 (looks out of shape, can''t pick the pace of the game, the biggest let down)

Marshall - 6 (has looked shaky at times - Southampton notably, but we all know he is good enough)

Chadwick - 5 (see Russell)

Strihavka - 5  (too early really, but you sense he needs to be good or we are in trouble)

Murray- 5 (again too early, but he looks another of the Scottish and not quite good enough brigade)

Gilks - ??

Smith - ??

So that''s 12 players, and how many would feature in our best 11 ? - 5 or 6 possibly - although how many are really good enough ? Marshall, Otsemobor, Cureton and maybe Strihavka and Smith.

Marks for Mr Grant then? - 4.  Sort it out son.

Murray 5, Brellier 2.

I''m intrigued now.. what have you seen from Murray to make him two and a half times the player that Brellier is?

Now I''m trying lads.. honest.

Is this the sort of thing I need to post in order to become accepted as not being happy with mediocrity?

Russell - 5 - Does try but isn''t exactly setting Carrow road on fire with his abilities

Otsemobor - 9 - I give him such a high mark considering (a) hes the most consistent player we have and (b) because he cost nothing at all to buy. A true example of Grants "value for money" ethic.

Cureton - 8 - Clearly has the fitness (as self proclaimed) to go on a few seasons. Knows where the net is for sure.

Fotheringham - 6 - Has a good game but then has a bad game. A hard one to rate because although consistency is key he does show abit of promise.

Lappin - 7 - Is obviously improving although there is still plenty of room for improvement as well.

Brown - 3 - I''d love to give him more but its only his general play that gets him any points. Because hes a striker and because he doesn''t score (or hasn''t yet anyway) he gets a lower mark. Had he been a midfielder he could probably be as high as a 6 or 7.

Brellier - 4 - Expected slightly more from him considering how highly Hearts rated him. Having said that we all expected him to be abit rough with other players and be shown reds and yellows a few times. He needs to improve overall really.

Marshall - 7 - Has real protential and did show this when he was on loan to us. Since being signed things have been shakey on one or two occasions. A 7 is generous considering what i''ve said but I do feel a 6 is too low.

Chadwick - 5 - His debut earned him an 8 in my book (scoring against the scum gets extra points) and if he''d continued that work rate he would still be an 8. The summer break clearly hasn''t been kind to him and his rating has probably dropped the most out of all Grants signings. A bit more pace would really raise his game too.

Strihavka - ??? - If Grant would just start the poor bloke he''d probably be sharing the same goal rate as Cureton by end of season, but because hes not started for us yet hes hard to rate. I suppose based on what we''ve seen so far about 6 but thats not my official rating because its based on so little. Can''t give a rating.

Murray - ??? - Abit like Strihavka only this time its illness problems and not because the managers not playing him. Can''t give a rating.

Smith - ??? - for obvious reasons. Can''t give a rating.

russell - 7

otsemobor - 9

cureton - 7

fotheringham - 6

lappin - 7

brown - 6

brellier - 3

marshall - 7

chadwick - 5

strihavka, gilks, murray, and smith cant yet rate.

russell - 4 nothing special and doesn''t seem to have improved much since when he was last here

otsemobor - 8  Great pace, gets forward but perhaps a little suspect in defence at times.

cureton - 7 Has proved many doubters wrong with his start, but still a long way from claiming another Golden Boot

fotheringham - 6 Glimpses of quality, shame he got injured, was just starting to show us what he can do

lappin - 7 Has performed well and can cover for Hucks and if need be Drury. Good squad member

brown - 4 Holds it up well, committed, but he is a STRIKER, and with no goals, that says it all really

brellier - 3 Clearly unfit and needs time to adapt, two things we certainly cannot wait for with our depleted squad

marshall - 7 Definately has the potential, and despite a few nervy moments has performed well

chadwick - 4 not convinced, Stoke got rid because he was permanently unfit, that doesn''t seem to have changed. Croft is better in right winger position.

strihavka 6  Glad he got his goal, with fitness and a regular start we may just start seeing what all the fuss was about. (still think Riordan would have been a better investment)

murray 3 Oh dear, he was free transferred for a very good reason, at this rate I could see an early retirement on the cards.

Smith . Is highly rated at Chelsea for a reason, would be good if he was fit to play, one to watch before judgements made

gilks,  cant yet rate.

Journeymen all.

Not one of them is likely to be good enough to propel us to the Premiership. With the possible exception of Marshall.

[quote user="ricardo"]

Journeymen all.

Not one of them is likely to be good enough to propel us to the Premiership. With the possible exception of Marshall.

[/quote]

who has just fumbled it and almost allowd Micheal Kightley to score... I dont rate Marshall and want Gilks to play.

jas :)

Leave Brellier alone! He may have not been amazing as yet, but not many others have either. He will be good for us, I am certain of that!

Brellier is a disgrace! after his actions today hearts can hive him back for all i care.. over rated Crap! one video on youtube doesn''t make him a good player...

Brellier is fine! How do you reckon you would react to playing as a defensive midfielder, a very technical position, in a team lead by a technically deficient manager?

Two words: Owen Hargreaves

Bet you thought he was crap for England until last World Cup when the manager finally played him in the right place with the right system, and then he was great all of a sudden.

He''s a great player, he just needs the right things around him. Just like Earnie didnt score as much because the service wasnt good enough.

[quote user="Bucketman"]

Brellier is fine! How do you reckon you would react to playing as a defensive midfielder, a very technical position, in a team lead by a technically deficient manager?

[/quote]

Youssef Safri managed alright under Worthington.. why cant Brellier? i was excited when he first signed but he now appears a plodder with little positinal sense and no ability whatsoever. He cant tackle and his passing is rubbish! With Darel Russell and Darren Huckerby alongside him and he still cant do the business.

The bottom line is Safri never did the holding job. I never saw Safri playing in the position as Brellier does, and this is because Safri pretty much did what he wanted. The reaso for that is that he scored a good goal against Newcastle and the fans loved him, which just inflated his ego and the idea got into his head that he was an attacking midfielder.

Brellier tries to do his job properly where other players are failing (see Luke Chadwick, Brellier had to cover for him all day against Cardiff) and he  is being overwhelmed. If the rest of the team starts performing then he will too.