Sign in to follow this  
Canary Boy

Mark Rivers Contract Terminated By Mutural Consent

Well, I can honestly say this is a sad day for Norwich City Football Club. I know many were against Mark but I think he is a very talented player and wish he all the best for the future.

The best thing Norwich can do now is sign Peter Crouch for £750,000. Will there be a press conference tomorrow? (Fri)

Well I sympathise with your disappointment but personally I''m delighted to see the back of him. I''m not against him, and him going down the road doesnt worry me in the least, I just dont think he''s good enough for us - wasnt in Div 1 and the idea of him doing anything in the Prem is pretty laughable.

If you think I''m being harsh then take a good hard look at his goalscoring record, and even more relevant, the number of assists he produced - its a pretty poor record because he''s one of those players who occassionally looks good but actually has no end product to their game. Which is probably why clubs havent exactly been queueing up to take him off our hands even though its been clear for a while that he''d be on his way.

Finally I''m really hoping that this opens the way to signing someone who can create something in midfield rather than yet another blessed striker.

Well said c/midfielder, you`ve got him spot on, but as well as a defender/ midfielder, i`d still like to see Crouch back here.....

one question - why did we not get any money out of this?
A couple of weeks ago Burnley approached the club allegedly wanting to buy him
What changed?

So presumably now we will need to replace Rivers and sign the two/three new players Worthy wants to add to the squad by August 14th. I do agree moobag that it is strange to ignore interest from Burnley and Crewe to the cancel his contract. It has been a while now since we have actually sold a player, Darel Russell?

It isn''t really a suprise that worthy has done this after the track record that rivers has had with his fitness/injuries but maybe it should have been done sooner, to free up more cash.

A sad final curtain to Mark Rivers Norwich career.

Sorry to disagree but I shed as many tears when Rivers left as I did when Easton departed. Neither of them were up to first division football let alone premiership.

I loved him when he made an effort but that was not often enough to worry about him leaving.
I really think though we could have got close to 500K for him