Sign in to follow this  
Marigold

Doherty. The new Henderson?

Ok so the Doc doesn''t have any unfulfilled potential like Henderson and I have been guilty of slating him but Everyone needs to lay off him and get behind him.

He may not be the most gifted of players ever to grace the Carrow Road turf but if we carry on with the current levels of Doc bashing going on we will end up ruining his career like we did with Henderson.

What would we rather Doc to carry on the way he is and end up at some prospectless League 2 club or do we want him to come out, confident the fans are behind him playing to his full potential and receiving interest from "bigger" clubs.

I know some will argue that he may not ever be good enough to play like that and he has had enough chances but at the moment he is a big player for us. We all know that Dion can not play every game any Murray is somewhat of an unknown quantity. that leaves Doc as (currently) our number 2 central defender.

So come on guys, we''ve had our fun slating him and coming up with funny nicknames for him but lets get behind him and show him what Norwich City supports are really like.

i couldn''t give a monkey''s who turns out for city defence - as long as they''re capable of doing their job and keeping the round thingymajig out of the ole onion sack.  in other words its nothing personal.are the doc/shacks/dion/murray in whichever combo capable???  if they''re not - ship ''em out.  answers on a postcard to roy keane.  he changed entire defence last year from the one he inherited (even turning a right backinto a centre half) and sunderland went up as champs.