Sign in to follow this  
Keep talking, Joe

RIVERS HAS SIGNED FOR IPSWICH

Yes, he has decided that a bit of hard work and commitment is too much and has headed south down the A140. What a tremendous waste of talent. Not welcome here in my book anyway. Hope he plays about as many games as he did with us. Loser.

where is everyone getting this rivers information from!?..i didnt even realise his contract had been terminated!?!?

This is a definite. Was out for a drink last night, in the company of reporter at the East Anglian Daily Times, who confirmed it. No real loss as far as i can see - good first division player (sorry, Coca Cola Football Championship). Bit of a compliment really. Cheers for the play-off goal against Wolves, now on your bike!

I can''t believe that they rate him more highly that martin reuser (not that im going to start praising any of the binmen) but at least he could cross, score and generally look interested.

I do hope they sign Mark and he plays all 46 games on the right wing. He should then contribute 3 goals and 5 crosses all season and they will finish no higher than 14th.

The big difference is that Reuser is probably still on mega wages. If Rivers passes the trial they would only need to pay him a fraction of what Reuser is on.

He hasn''t signed for Ipswich,he has gone for a 7 days trial.Someone may wish to correct me but I understand that he was told that he would not play a part next season and as he and his family wanted to stay in the area, accepted an offer from Ipswich for a weeks trial. Now he could have played in the reserves and collected his wages for another year until his contract expired but presumeable wanted 1st team football and a chance to prove himself with perhaps a different manager who he could get on with.
I for one wish him well and hope he rediscovers the form and enthusiam he had at the beginning of last season.
Sorry if you disagree.

I actually agree with you City Angel, I dont mind if Rivers goes to Ipswich because he does want to play first team football and stay in the area, but what I am upset about is that we got no money fot him when there was reported intrest from Burnley, Crewe (towards the end of last season) and now Ipswich have took him on trial, so surely we could of got some money for him.

I agree with you Jarrold stand fan,we should have got some money for him.Why didnt they let Crewe have him when they wanted him?

To be absolutely honest I don’t really care that Rivers has gone to Ipswich. I don’t regard it as a Marshall situation as Marshall was getting regular football, had the fans support and didn’t have to go to Ipswich. Personally, I think Rivers has the ability to be a great footballer. Whether he has the temperament remains to be seen

Have to say on learning about the mutual termination of contract between us and rivers wasn''t exactly the surprise of the century, the fact that he has gone to ipswich should mean a few more hilarious banter opportuities between us and them, but so to be honest, do you really care who he is going to play for?

he is no longer our player and quite frankly if he wants to earn his money there, good luck to him, i regret he didn''t shine for us, thought he had the potential - but things just didn''t work out, still, now he''s gone, the wages bill is a bit lighter, so maybe we can get someone in who does want to play for us .....

I wouldn''t blame Mark Rivers if he left us with a two fingered gesture.
He wouldn''t have been my first choice for the first XI but frankly, even if he managed to prove himself to mr worthington there is still unfortunately a significant number of fans (?) who have to have a whipping boy to persistently berate.
I wonder, now that Easton and Rivers have departed, will be the next victim?

Even last season, top of the league, I found myself surrounded by whingers and moaners. Heaven forbid, we don''t win all our home games next season!

A month is not long for Rivers to improve his fitness and prove to Joe Royle that he is what the Binners really need, but I hope he does find more success elsewhere, whether with BFJ''s lot or not. I''m proud to say that I never booed or berated him; he wore my team''s colours so why should I? I am at a loss, though, as to exactly why things never returned to the 2002-3 Portsmouth away-type level. Perhaps it was a combination of things, but I never felt that Worthy really rated him and he therefore didn''t get much of a look in once others arrived and after his injury. Anyway, good luck to him. I think I shall always feel it was a case of what might have been, given different circumstances, some of them of his own making perhaps. This wasn''t the right time or the right place for him, but that certainly doesn''t make him a bad person. (Those reading Iwan''s book will know exactly what I mean).

Interesting to note that after playing one half in a friendly vs Peterborough, Joe Royle says that he is a long way from full fitness. Given that Worthy told all the players to remain fit over the summer, it does not seem to have struck hope with Rivers - just about sums it up, doesnt it?