Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

Grant mentions 5 year contract

that he signed a year ago with West ham...

How much compensation did we have to pay them to get him as manager then?

over to you Mr Doncaster!

jas :)

Maybe he had a get out clause releasing him if he were offered a managers job.  Doubt we would have paid much for him, that budget was probably spent on Worthys pay off.

Mr Doncaster, please clarify......

What answer would we all be looking for here...

a) We showed ambition and paid top dollar to West Ham to secure the manager of our choice.

or

b) We got him on the cheap because his ambition was to manage our club and West Ham didn''t want to stand in his way.

or

c) Something else.

Just my guess fella''s, but I think it had alot to do with the fact that we were owed money from West Ham for Green and Ashton and we offset some of this to secure Grants services.

It was clear to us all that our board weren''t going to pay up Worthingtons contract in full AND pay compensation for another proven manager in work - basically because we probably didn''t have the money to do this. So unfortunately it was one of the only options available to us - and a cheap one at that, so a bonus for the board, who tried their utmost to force Worthington out by making him resign thereby not having to pay up in full.

Also a very risky appointment in my opinion because if Grant fails (and as a fan of NCFC I hope he doesn''t) the board will feel the recriminations due to the fact they appointed an untried and cheap manager at a time when we really could have done with someone with more experience. Only time will tell.   

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

a) We showed ambition and paid top dollar to West Ham to secure the manager of our choice.

or

b) We got him on the cheap because his ambition was to manage our club and West Ham didn''t want to stand in his way.

or

c) Something else.

[/quote]

C. he resigned from his post at West Ham to take up the managers job at Norwich City thus saving us a fortune and Leaving Magnusson and his cronies to have to find the money to pay off Grant scontract.. hence Tevez to Liverpool :p ;)

jas :) 

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

or

or

c) Something else.

[/quote]

The manager of WHO''s CHOICE?.........All the rest of the ''supposed'' candidates needn''t of bothered turning up......as he was head-shunted into the position of our manager.

I for one didn''t even think ''Peter Non-Discreeter'' was chased to the far corners of the ''Smoke'' by ''Detective Inspectacles Doncaster'' to be given the hallowed position of - "The man to take this club forward (and do as he''s told, not to question the board, toe the party line, not plead for more funds and concur with the boards ''prudence with perdition'' mantra)......"Thank you Peter, the job''s yours, we don''t want a Cloughie type here, who may rock our ickle Carra coracle and bad-mouth us in the media.....God forbid, the paying public would turn against us!" 

"Now here''s fifty quid, bypass our non-existent scouting system, get yourself on a Flymaybe to Bonnie Scotland - and don''t you come back till you''ve acquired a few freebies, unknowns and likely to become fit names; to fill the back page of the programme and look like we''ve replaced the departed"......."Toodle off now!" 

Such breathtaking cynicism Mello, or is it ?  I mean, the state of the club, a one party matriarchal state run by a tin-pot egg-whisker and here''s one I made earlierer, well, it''s enough to make you rip your season ticket up, isn''t it ?Mello ?Isn''t it ?Guess not then.PS - Flymaybe made me giggle.  Luv n hugs, blah. [;)]

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

or

or

c) Something else.

[/quote]

The manager of WHO''s CHOICE?.........All the rest of the ''supposed'' candidates needn''t of bothered turning up......as he was head-shunted into the position of our manager.

I for one didn''t even think ''Peter Non-Discreeter'' was chased to the far corners of the ''Smoke'' by ''Detective Inspectacles Doncaster'' to be given the hallowed position of - "The man to take this club forward (and do as he''s told, not to question the board, toe the party line, not plead for more funds and concur with the boards ''prudence with perdition'' mantra)......"Thank you Peter, the job''s yours, we don''t want a Cloughie type here, who may rock our ickle Carra coracle and bad-mouth us in the media.....God forbid, the paying public would turn against us!" 

"Now here''s fifty quid, bypass our non-existent scouting system, get yourself on a Flymaybe to Bonnie Scotland - and don''t you come back till you''ve acquired a few freebies, unknowns and likely to become fit names; to fill the back page of the programme and look like we''ve replaced the departed"......."Toodle off now!" 

[/quote]

Fabulous Mello - on a night when everyone must be wondering when we are going to win an away game or even play well in one, your post has made me laugh so much.

You should be on the club payroll. Or maybe you are lol

Entertainment at it''s best. Inspectacles Doncaster is a classic....

I mean''t "our choice" as in what Neil Doncasters answer could be Mello. He wasn''t my choice because to be honest I never gave him a second thought. Like I have said before I particularly would like to see managers that rhyme. Something like Jewell and Newell sounds good to me.

I enjoyed Mello''s post too Gazzathegreat, always do. I hope we can stop wondering when we will win an away game on Saturday because Wolves would be a good place to do that. But we did play quite well in one tonight.....