Sign in to follow this  
ShrewsCanary

Grant must go

Im not usually one to react like this but tonights showing is a total joke

What has Strivhavka done wrong? Why not Curo? Why the hell start with Brown?

When is Donkerty going to retire to Blackpool beach?

Grant is not the man, he has got to go for someone with track record and pedigree... we are a laughing stock

We need to win games .... with attractive football ... with confidence ... with goalscorers on the field ... Cureton ... Strihavka .... Martin ....

We are going down with this Manager ...  sack PG ... and get a real Manager .. a winner !!!!!

Defending all the time and hoping for a lucky draw are no tactics ....

Totally agree I''m fuming!!!!

I thought he would have at least put them both on at half time? we had no attacking power at all.

This side is a joke.

And now Dublin is out for 3 games.

Our best player is a 38 yr old striker playing defender

[quote user="YellowRoad"]

We need to win games .... with attractive football ... with confidence ... with goalscorers on the field ... Cureton ... Strihavka .... Martin ....

We are going down with this Manager ...  sack PG ... and get a real Manager .. a winner !!!!!

[/quote] I''m afraid I have to agree. PG has to take some responsibility. Too negative for me

[quote user="greenTshirt"][quote user="YellowRoad"]

[/quote] I''m afraid I have to agree. PG has to take some responsibility. Too negative for me[/quote]So you seriously expect us to go up playing beautiful football with three strikers on the pitch? Maybe on Pro Evo that could work, but in real life it''s stupid.

One of the biggest mistakes the club made was giving Worthy too much time.And now we''re going to make the same mistake again - only this time we won''t have the quality, or the money to get ourselves out of it.

Playing for a draw just isn''t good enough!!!!!!! We got battered & deservedly so! I''ve been fully behind PG since he was appointed, but I''m now starting to have my doubts.

One more defeat and i think i''m going to agree with you!

1. Drop your top scorer
  2. Ok, 4-5-1 might work, so lets have a striker who can score - enter chris brown
  3. Chris  Martin, where is he, deserves more after last season
  4. Strihavka- doesnt even get on in place of brown for fresh legs
  5. You cant play for a 0-0 and expect to get a point, Grant has no ambition
  6. Doherty must be dropped, Shackall on the bench, oh dear oh dear. He better be back 4 wolves.
  7. 2-0 down, 2 minutes left and grant thinks we could perhaps give curo a go!
  8. Chadwick? with 4-5-1 we needed attacking quick wingers, why not croft. Chaddders - No pace!
  9. The lisst could go on!

I was against Grant from the start for the very reason shown tonight, he is learning the trade at our expence, The bloke is not up to the job, this a norwich city we deserve a manager with credentials, Dont tell me good managers would not come here, how many no2''s make good managers, stats are against Grant, that and he is clueless.

I''m sure a lot less people would flame me for this comment now than they would yesterday!!

Paul Jewell in

We go to Charlton .... who almost have 11 new players in their squad this season (and were 2 - 0 down at Colchester last saturday) ... and we treat them as Champions ... give them so much respect ... well it''s big big shame ....

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Jesus, talk about a knee-jerk reaction. It sounded rubbish tonight but really, I don''t think sacking the manager is the answer in the middle of September.[/quote]

He''s been in charge almost a year, we''re no better now than we were then. He doesn''t know his best team and his team selections are often poor.

We''re not going anywhere this season.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Jesus, talk about a knee-jerk reaction. It sounded rubbish tonight but really, I don''t think sacking the manager is the answer in the middle of September.[/quote]I can''t believe it has taken this long for someone else to share the same view as myself to be honest.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Jesus, talk about a knee-jerk reaction. It sounded rubbish tonight but really, I don''t think sacking the manager is the answer in the middle of September.[/quote] would generally agree with you in normal circumstances, but Grant is not showing anything which shows that he will improve. All he is showing is his inexperience and extremely negative tactics and no creativity in his leadership approach.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Jesus, talk about a knee-jerk reaction. It sounded rubbish tonight but really, I don''t think sacking the manager is the answer in the middle of September.[/quote]

It is if we want to be somewhere come may, ask sunderland.

ok all of u who want to Grant out.. can any of u answer me this question...

where do we get the money to pay off 3 years of his contract?

if any of you can answer that question logically then i might accept your point.. until then... get real!

jas :)

I didn''t rate Grant as a player and I didn''t want him as a manager. I believe most of his signings to be mediocre Championship players at best. However, this is his team and, as long as we do not become in serious danger of relegation, I would give him the season. If we finish more than 6 points off the play-offs then he should go. A club with genuine promotion ambitions should be pro-active regarding new management rather than reactive.

And the worst part of all is that we''re not even attempting to go down playing decent football.Hucks might as well hang up his boots now, because really - what is the point in bothering when our tactics are so shocking?

[quote user="ricky knight"]

It is if we want to be somewhere come may, ask sunderland.

[/quote]

The same Sunderland who had millions of pounds to spend you mean?

[quote user="O.J."][quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Jesus, talk about a knee-jerk reaction. It sounded rubbish tonight but really, I don''t think sacking the manager is the answer in the middle of September.[/quote]
I can''t believe it has taken this long for someone else to share the same view as myself to be honest.
[/quote]

Probably because people are starting to realise Grant is not the man for the job.

[quote user="ricky knight"]

[quote user="O.J."][quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Jesus, talk about a knee-jerk reaction. It sounded rubbish tonight but really, I don''t think sacking the manager is the answer in the middle of September.[/quote]
I can''t believe it has taken this long for someone else to share the same view as myself to be honest.
[/quote]

Probably because people are starting to realise Grant is not the man for the job.

[/quote]

Or maybe all the supporters are at the game? Sounded like we outsang the Charlton fans throughout.

[quote user="MK Canary"]And the worst part of all is that we''re not even attempting to go down playing decent football.

Hucks might as well hang up his boots now, because really - what is the point in bothering when our tactics are so shocking?
[/quote]You took the words from my mouth.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

if any of you can answer that question logically then i might accept your point.. until then... get real!

[/quote]

He can''t be on that much. Rookie manager and all that. We could sell one of his star signing to raise the cash. Or we could wait until we get relegated and then if we are lucky one of the big guns will come in for him. Could be in for some compensation. I''m all excited now.

[quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

He can''t be on that much. Rookie manager and all that. We could sell one of his star signing to raise the cash. Or we could wait until we get relegated and then if we are lucky one of the big guns will come in for him. Could be in for some compensation. I''m all excited now.

[/quote]

that doesnt answer the question Hardhouse.. if peter Grant is on 1 million a year thats 3 million we have to stump up... how about we sell Hucks, Otsemobor and Strihavka then? that will cover the loss!

im still waiting for an answer on where we get Grants payoff from... Bear in mind we have paid off Worthington and 5 years worth of Compensation to Wet sham in the past 12 months for grant... im sure Delias got it stuffed under the matress!

all of u who have posted in this thread need to wake up to the reality of money im afraid.

whatever we would have to pay would be peanuts compared to relegation or another season of rubbish, fans will soon stop going if they see no success on the horizon.

Here we go again,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, nice of you all to use your bluetooth latops and write your c*** on your way home from watching the match I don''t think!!!!!!!!

Anyway you better get off to bed as it''s school tomorrow!