Sign in to follow this  
FatMan Fat

Crouchy and Edwards...I hate newspaper reports!!!

Damn, I hate newspaper reports that get hopes high. PC and Edwards would be dream signings for us, both the right age and both with something to prove. PC is a "straight" replacement for Iwan and Edwards would give us the youthfull cover we need in defence.
Why, oh why, do these things get reported?? Now I will be on tenterhooks for days and days!!

At least this one seems realistic Fatman. Certainly not in the Sherwood/Keown mould. We have the resources to take both players and the beanpole says he wants to come.

Does anyone have some more info on Edwards. I understand he has just got a Wales cap and is a defender but which position(s) would he cover?

Don''t hold your breath!It will take a lot more than£400,000 to get Crouch I think.

Apparently Edwards is a right back, and is third in line behind Mark Delaney and De la Cruz (there was no way I was going to even attempt to spell his first name!). He''s been told by Villa that he isn''t wanted and that he can go for a small fee. If we are after him, it doesn''t look good for the boy Briggs, does it?

Edwards can play at right back or in central defence - along with PC would make a greatr double-swoop. I think we''ll get PC (certainly hope so) but I would think final price will be nearer 1m than 400K. Still at last things are happening and we are being linked with some realistic options.

Finally a new signing. Ok so a new goalie was the least of our worries, but it''s a start. Buy us a creative midfielder next please Worthy!

I read NW is possibly after an experienced third keeper as well. Would Crichton have been useful in this role? I dont see any Premiership-quality keepers wanting to be third fiddle behind two young international keepers unless they are footballing pensioners.

Who will be next through the door??? Any thoughts?

Get a load of this...

http://icbirmingham.icnetwork.co.uk/0200sport/globalsport/tm_objectid=14295238&method=full&siteid=50002&headline=are-villa-pair-struck-off-name_page.html

Sorry to the rest of you to awaken old threads but did anyone notice in the off-season transfer dealings one of the players in this note making a move.

Rob Edwards from Aston Villa to Wolverhampton £150,000

A bargain under-21 international that would have provided cover at right-back as well as centre-half.

Seems kind of odd that City didn''t show interest in this guy, but if Briggs'' exit is anything to go by that might explain why.

What about Mark Delaney? i thinkn he would be a great signing? possible th eprice a bit too much?

that new report sounds very interesting, bring on crouch worthy!

thanks for that Canary Boy