Hardly a surprise...

From the FA site:

Dion Dublin, Norwich City FC   

Charlton Athletic v Norwich City

Football League Championship, 18 September 2007

Dismissed for violent conduct

Claim for wrongful dismissal received

A Regulatory Commission will hear the claim on 20 September

I was at the game, but I must confess I missed the incident.

Looking at the replay, I''m not convinced we''ll win it.

It''s on the virgin media website now. What do you guys think?

Don''t think Mills was faking anything, nothing to suggest he lay on the ground holding his head etc. Mind you I think it was simply a barge in the back from Dublin, if you watch closely they both start chasing the ball but Mills then almost stops and seems to be goading Dublin into a challenge. I assumed that the ''head butt'' was to follow later but nothing.

I''ve seen many worse challenges than that go unpunished.  

Doc''s tackle for the first pen was unnecessary, it''s not even clear whether the guy would have been able to do anything from the angle he was but when the tackle from behind came in there was only one outcome. The second was a clear con. The contact was outside the box but the guy then launches himself into the area, I though the challange was a foul though. 

[quote user="Yellow Rider"]

Don''t think Mills was faking anything, nothing to suggest he lay on the ground holding his head etc. Mind you I think it was simply a barge in the back from Dublin, if you watch closely they both start chasing the ball but Mills then almost stops and seems to be goading Dublin into a challenge. I assumed that the ''head butt'' was to follow later but nothing.

I''ve seen many worse challenges than that go unpunished.  

Doc''s tackle for the first pen was unnecessary, it''s not even clear whether the guy would have been able to do anything from the angle he was but when the tackle from behind came in there was only one outcome. The second was a clear con. The contact was outside the box but the guy then launches himself into the area, I though the challange was a foul though. 

[/quote]

Agree with nearly all of this - Dublin foul = clumsy push out of frustration - no head butt and hardly a straight red card

First pen = clumsy mistake and an unecessary one from Docherty: as PG said didn''t need to go to ground at all.

Second pen - complete con indeed - a good two foot or so outside the area when the foul occurred.

Such are the thin lines between success and failure so maybe some of the hysteria on here should do well to reflect on this.

Red card stands as FA agreed with the referee.

Either the club got it wrong after looking at the video or there are a bunch of buffoons at the FA.  Either way it is a big blow for us as Dublin is probably playing better than most at the moment.