Sign in to follow this  
cundyno1

All stop moaning, your doing my head in.

First of all, i dont go to every game, i go to as many games as i can due to work commitments but i do listen to every on radio norfolk. All you "fans" out there, who come on here and moan about the squad moan about grant, what good does it do, seriously. Who pays attention to your comments, you think the board do, the players no one does.

Grant inherited a squad from worthington which wasnt up to the standard of the championship now, he got rid of the dead wood and replaced it with able players who will do a job for you week in week out for now.

Yes, we have sold some descent players for alot of money and we havent spent that money yet, but whats the point in spending money on a player or two when the squad has only just been put together and will take at least a season to gell properly.

Come next summer the entire squad would of had a season together and who knows may turn into a good crop of players capable of getting us into the premiership, then with the money we have got splash the cash on top striker or centre half which will push up into that playoff/promotion places.

This season is grants first full season in charge, you think back to managers who has poor starts at clubs ferguson, hughes, even poxy magilton at scum the clubs and fans all gave the managers time to build now look at the sides. Im not saying we will be like man u under grant but for god sake, success doesnt come instantly you have to work at it hard, and if it doesnt pay off work harder. You dont get something for nothing in this life and with hard work i believe grant will push us in the right direction.

So ON THE BALL CITY, stop the negative comments get behind the squad, grant and the board and wait till next year.

Enough said then, cos a lot of us do go to every game, and therefore are perhaps better qualified to comment. Grant had most of last season with NCFC, as NW went after 10 games I believe......and nothing has changed.....even though he has signed 9 players.........success comes with good organisation and tactics, playing attacking football with width in the team providing the ammunition for strikers to score.........and he plays BROWN alone up front away at Charlton, a player who could not score at his previous club Sunderland, and who has not scored in a league game since his arrival at Carrow Road........your judgement appears as clouded as PG''s.

[quote user="cundyno1"]

get behind the squad, grant and the board and wait till next year.

[/quote]

wait till next year.... we dont buy season tickets 2 sit their chewing our nails and waiting for the next year ... wat wud the point in that be!

[quote user="walks on water"]

what utter rubbish. 

Perfect exanple of what is rotten with our support.

Rome wasn''t built in a day

[/quote]what an eloquent insult at the large number of us fed up with Grant''s naivity and unhappy to constantly buy a season ticket in the hope of success the following year.

eloquent, no perhaps not given the range of opinions

but succinctly expressing mine,

and without wishing to tarnish the original poster with my extreme brevity...I think it is pretty obvious that the initial points made are spot on.

Will Grant succeed ? who knows

Has he made mistakes ? probably, who (truthfully) hasn''t in their careers.. but then I am not privvy to all the facts he has at his disposal.

Has he had enough time to put his team&plans into effect given the resources at his disposal (notwithstanding the dogs dinner he

inherited) No, I don''t think so.

Who do you think could do better ? who would really give a toss about NCFC ? who has connections (of sort) to attract players of the calibre we need given the perceived/actual financial,geographical,cultural limitations.

AND DON''T GET ME STARTED ON THE HOME SUPPORT.

If we wished to attract a specific player to NCFC, or to turn a loan into something more concrete, assuming everything else is equal...do you think that player would want to play infront of such fickle, quiet (insipid? cowardly?) almost fullhouses. Maybe, if we were competing for this player with other clubs, the quality of our home support would count against us, undermine us.

It''s not the same quality of support that wooed Darren(&Mrs) Huckerby to these parts.

We have our part to play in the team''s success too. It''s not JUST about turning up in body......

It''s HOW, too

[quote user="cundyno1"]

First of all, i dont go to every game, i go to as many games as i can due to work commitments but i do listen to every on radio norfolk. All you "fans" out there, who come on here and moan about the squad moan about grant, what good does it do, seriously. Who pays attention to your comments, you think the board do, the players no one does.

Grant inherited a squad from worthington which wasnt up to the standard of the championship now, he got rid of the dead wood and replaced it with able players who will do a job for you week in week out for now.

Yes, we have sold some descent players for alot of money and we havent spent that money yet, but whats the point in spending money on a player or two when the squad has only just been put together and will take at least a season to gell properly.

Come next summer the entire squad would of had a season together and who knows may turn into a good crop of players capable of getting us into the premiership, then with the money we have got splash the cash on top striker or centre half which will push up into that playoff/promotion places.

This season is grants first full season in charge, you think back to managers who has poor starts at clubs ferguson, hughes, even poxy magilton at scum the clubs and fans all gave the managers time to build now look at the sides. Im not saying we will be like man u under grant but for god sake, success doesnt come instantly you have to work at it hard, and if it doesnt pay off work harder. You dont get something for nothing in this life and with hard work i believe grant will push us in the right direction.

So ON THE BALL CITY, stop the negative comments get behind the squad, grant and the board and wait till next year.

[/quote]What do you mean give him this year and he will most probably have a chance of getting us promoted to the prem next year .How can that be possible if we are relegated this year all that would mean is we would go back to the championship next year.Because the negative ninded grant is a very dangerous person with a very  very big ego who thinks he is bigger than our club and its loyal fans i am seriousley worried for us this season.

Quote ''Enough said then, cos a lot of us do go to every game, and therefore are perhaps better qualified to comment''.

Totally disagree! I have sat next to people at carrow road who attend everygame and have sat in the same seat for 20 odd years and they dont even know what day it is! So would they be better qualified to comment ?

Surely a good understanding of the game,whether it be premiership or sunday league gets the nod over some people whether they go to every game or not?

Take the X Factor for instance...........A drippy git who has had singing lessons and quite clearly been ripped off by his or her teacher for years on end.....we know that he cant sing,the judges know it,but the only person who thinks he can sing is himself!

There are many football fans out there who think they know everything but infact know diddly squit!

"Has he had enough time to put his team&plans into effect given the resources at his disposal (notwithstanding the dogs dinner he inherited) No, I don''t think so."

I''m tired of hearing this constant crap about Grants not having enough time.

So a brigade of chefs walks out of a restaurant and a new lot come in but the food isn''t up to scratch - the owner of the restaurant explains to the complaining customers what''s happened and requests that the new chefs need more time, so please put up with shite food at the same prices until they''ve learned to do their jobs properly.

Yeah right [8-)]

Stop making excuses for these people - except for the ridiculous money involved, football is a profession just like any other and underperformance in professional occupations is mostly reprimanded, so why should football be any different?

Cease putting them up there on some kind of pedestal. 

"Has he had enough time to put his team&plans into effect given the resources at his disposal (notwithstanding the dogs dinner he inherited) No, I don''t think so."

I''m tired of hearing this constant crap about Grants not having enough time.

So a brigade of chefs walks out of a restaurant and a new lot come in but the food isn''t up to scratch - the owner of the restaurant explains to the complaining customers what''s happened and requests that the new chefs need more time, so please put up with *** food at the same prices until they''ve learned to do their jobs properly.

Yeah right Confused [8-)]

Stop making excuses for these people - except for the ridiculous money involved, football is a profession just like any other and underperformance in professional occupations is mostly reprimanded, so why should football be any different?

Cease putting them up there on some kind of pedestal. 

The beginning of Alex Ferguson''s reign at Manchester anyone ?

...if football is an exact science with well a defined quick recipe for success then God help us , coz we can''t afford the proven top quality ingredients (any chef''ll tell you that''s important Shyster)....unlike some of our competition.

Not every team can win all the time.

I don''t like the style football being played either, but we''re no longer bullied & outmuscled like some of our teams of recent years.

We need a return to the type of football that Norwich fans expect, but can we afford the necessary raw materials ?

because PROVEN Costs, ...so we must compromise somewhere, hedge our bets, some will pay off , some won''t (...but that''s true at any level.)

We will prove difficult to beat (despite Doherty[;)]) with the constant steel in midfield...for Norwich fans that''s not enough...we want finesse...we want NCFC to play football,

''if God had meant football to be played in the air, He''d have put grass in the sky.'' .....as Cloughie put it.

I hoped as an ex-player (especially under Mike Walker) Peter Grant would understand these necessary foundations upon which a team must be built for Norwich supporters to be happy...but it was Walker''s second coming...and maybe Grant has different priorities grounded in his own playing style. ( Like not winning or losing 5-4[:)] )

Anyway, Grant has gambled and spread his resources to replace quality players (lost for less than their market value ) ...and build a squad capable of competing against different opposition, and against each other.

Chadwick always looked pretty good-caused us problems when at Stoke...BUT is he the same player after his injury at Portaloo Rd ?doesn''t look as quick/incisive to me.

Marshall is fantastic for the money

Russell, give me him any day of the week over  will he/won''t he  Etuhu

Fotheringham, looked a transformed player after a decent preseason. A good''un

Brellier, was a Hero at HEARTS that Burley (no mug in my book, despite his past & a certain African) built a team around...fans favourite too.

Otsembor -impressive,  looks just what we need

Cureton -Journeyman? or Predator?...he''s done it everywhere else& in the same position, I would have bet against Earny scoring those two vs Southampton

Strihavka, ok, Czech top scorer. BUT despite language and displacement issues, improves everytime I see him. Strong, quick, good technique...just needs to settle into the English way (and into the team[^o)])

Gilks ??????????????????

Brown looked good in pre-season (leaner-more mobile) and he earn''t the right....but now??? holds it up & lays it off , however he doesn''t look like scoring

-but then he was bought to feed the goal machine that was Earnshaw.

Grant is learning the No.1. job on the job. He has passion for NCFC.

It''s been a time of flux for our club, but I think in the circumstances (-&making cases) ie.all of the above AND the injuries to his finesse players ....

I think he''s doing alright. I think we''ll get better as the players come back and the team grows in understanding what Grant/we want.

KTF.

IT COULD BE WORSE,

WE COULD BE LEICESTER SUPPORTERS. [*-)]       GARY MEGSON ANYONE ?

[quote user="TwoSheds"]

Quote ''Enough said then, cos a lot of us do go to every game, and therefore are perhaps better qualified to comment''.

Totally disagree! I have sat next to people at carrow road who attend everygame and have sat in the same seat for 20 odd years and they dont even know what day it is! So would they be better qualified to comment ?

Surely a good understanding of the game,whether it be premiership or sunday league gets the nod over some people whether they go to every game or not?

Take the X Factor for instance...........A drippy git who has had singing lessons and quite clearly been ripped off by his or her teacher for years on end.....we know that he cant sing,the judges know it,but the only person who thinks he can sing is himself!

There are many football fans out there who think they know everything but infact know diddly squit!

[/quote]

I couldn''t agree more two sheds. There is often a snobbery of sorts on this board in the comments you hear over and over again. ie. "I know better because I a) have been supporting Norwich longer than you (and will drop names of old players at any opportunity to press this point). b) I live in Norwich/Norfolk so am a real fan or c) I go to more games than you so know better than you".

Well, I''m young(ish) at 27,  and I don''t live in Norwich any more and play semi pro football so therefore can''t get to many games, yet I feel I have a right to my opinion, and belive in its validity despite the above. I also think that everyone has an opinion and is welcome to it, but shouldn''t ''rubbish'' everyone else''s. I know long term (old) season ticket holders who talk absolute drivel about the game. I''m sure we all do!

For what it''s worth, I''m with Cundyno1 on this one.

OTBC

I also think that everyone has an opinion and is welcome to it, but shouldn''t ''rubbish'' everyone else''s

-yeah, fair enough.

I really should know better at 36...

it just does my head in........match days at fortress??? more like Church Carra Rd !

and you can hear a pin drop

,except of course after we''ve scored

...and before they have

''we love you Norwich , we do'' [^o)]

WOW makes a good point about the players PG has brought in and I too was optimistic about the ''deadwood'' being cleared.However, the team just does not seem to be gelling and that must be in part down to the tactics they are being told to play.Don''t get me wrong I like PG and want him to succeed but he seems to have a real tendancy to tinker, to fiddle, to over-complicate things (witness his touchline instructions and the puzzled looks on the players faces)The players WOW mentions are all good, solid individuals - however, we''ve yet to see them drilled into performing as a team over a full game.