Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Will we see protests against Grant before Xmas?

And if so, would you advocate it?.

Personally, I think the real targets should be Smith, Jones and the Martins, but if their arrogant puppet Grant is sacrificed for their errors..............then so be it!.

24.000 bloody loyal fans deserve much better.

Wiz. You told me you were saddened by my ''''personal attack'''' when I suggested that you were about to make a u-turn (again) regarding your support for Peter Grant. That was the day when you removed your signature ''''PETER HAS A PLAN AND I''M BACKING HIM'''' in case you have forgotten.

You are cute enough to know that by putting the word ''''protest'''' in your title you will be sure to get all the old crew back on board. Cute that!!  Means you can run with your friends again without having to appologise for turning agin em.

Six games into the season and you raise the protest banner again.

Truly pathetic wiz  [:$]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

And if so, would you advocate it?.

Personally, I think the real targets should be Smith, Jones and the Martins, but if their arrogant puppet Grant is sacrificed for their errors..............then so be it!.

24.000 bloody loyal fans deserve much better.

[/quote]

I thought you were staying positive and backing Grant so why are we talking about protests after only 6 games of which we''ve only lost 3?? Its miles too early to make a judgement!!

Who are the Martins?

Sorry Wiz but there is only one joke bigger than Grant and the Board and thats you son. You Change your mind more times than the lights change a day on London Rd South.

To be fair, Hardhouse, I doubt even the wizard could forsee just how stupid Grant would be with his tactical ineptness.

Wiz,

On the 13th Sept you posted that you still backed and supported Grant so whats changed your mind since then. We got 3 points at home against Palace and we lost at Charlton ( where no-one predicted we''d get a result)

Cmon please keep the faith and reserve judgement for a few more months, you''ll only make yourself miserable worrying.

CA

[quote user="Hardhouse44"]Sorry Wiz but there is only one joke bigger than Grant and the Board and thats you son. You Change your mind more times than the lights change a day on London Rd South.[/quote]

hehehe well said Hardhouse... but lets not hold that against the poor misguided fella.

As for 6 games in to the season being too early to pass judgement CA... I think not!!!

Many of us had the judgement to call this season exactly how it is starting to pan out before a ball was kicked in anger.... just as last season was a right-of before we had played a game this season was too... and if you lot choose to sign up for another season of the same next year then more fool you!!!

Those in the boardroom need to be shown how unhappy the vast majority of the Norfolk public are with there performance over the last few years and I am sure that it will only be a matter of time before this happens.... you can only flog a dead donkey for so long (not having another go at messers Donkerty & Chris Brown there by the way).  [:)]

What have the Martins done wrong?  Raised ason who is a striker who hasn''t scored while on a pro contract?  Is that enoungh for protest?Or are there some other Martins that I have missed.

[quote user="cityangel"]

Wiz,

On the 13th Sept you posted that you still backed and supported Grant so whats changed your mind since then. We got 3 points at home against Palace and we lost at Charlton ( where no-one predicted we''d get a result)

Cmon please keep the faith and reserve judgement for a few more months, you''ll only make yourself miserable worrying.

CA

[/quote]

Angel:

I have tried, truely tried, to back Grant, even through some of his odd team selections and his public criticising of certain players kept upsetting me, but, it was odds on against Charlton that at some point we would need to score goals.

So what does he do?.

He sticks on the bench two players who have scored for us this season (one of whom was last season''s Championships top scorer!!) and prefers to play up front a player who can''t score at all!.

That did it for me, I knew at that point he was playing for a draw a la Worthy style. He''s virtually been here a year and that style of tactic is still here alongside hoofball Mark II.

I do not want to be a fan of that, so hence the change.

Despite all the talk, there is still no sign of a centre half and Donkerty is still here, and he can mess up at any time in a game not to mention the endless freekicks he gives away.

To everyone else:

Read the title of this thread again, it was a genuine question and not a plea from me for damaging protests to start up again (which will do no good to the club or fans) still, why let the truth get in the way of poster bashing eh?.

[quote user="7rew"]What have the Martins done wrong?  Raised ason who is a striker who hasn''t scored while on a pro contract?  Is that enoungh for protest?

Or are there some other Martins that I have missed.
[/quote] Think he means the ''Turners''. Remember? those people that lent a couple of mill in exchange for a seat on the board. Along with the promise from Roger Munby that we wouldnt now have to sell Earnshaw, Safri, Etuhu et. al. .   

How many people are on this site

How many support Grant and how many dont

Id give him this whole season and summer to gel a team then next season see what happens. . . . full support here

Unless things start improving soon then yes, I do think there could be protests before Christmas. My big fear is that with our greenhorn rather clueless manager and incompetent board we face the danger of having to endure 3rd division football next season. Grunt out now!

[quote user="Budger"]

"I''m backing Peter all the way"

"We will get promoted this season"

fickle is the word..

[/quote]We will get promoted this season what boozer are you in at the moment they must be selling some really potent stuff must be where granty has his sessions.Grant cant even pick his best side he is totally inept and very nieve we are going to be lucky to stay in this division with him at the helm.

I''ve got an idea, why don''t we hire managers every year, give them a year to make a dramatic improvement to the team and then when they don''t because it''s simply too short of a time period, we should fire them and try someone else! That''ll help the club, squad and finances!

If things aren''t improving by Christmas, I''ll start a ceremonial burning of my Proclaimer''s CDs, pour my 10 year old Glenfiddich single malt whiskey down the plughole, chuck my Scottish shortbread into the bin and ban the (popular with neeps) luvverly haggis - from our household.......I think Granty will get the message![Y]

If you think our board will allow the ''oiks'' to dictate and influence their decision regarding the position and future employment of our ''current'' manager........You need to start wearing thermal underwear under yer kilts!

It looks bad on their judgement if they don''t stick by him........And, the surmountable board''s judgement in all things business and football in the last 10 seasons, should not be questioned as they aren''t responsible for all things unsuccessful that occasionally occur at NCFC.......It''s all down to the negative fans, for moaning...........and the poor attendances......... 

[quote user="charlies dad"][quote user="7rew"]What have the Martins done wrong?  Raised a son who is a striker who hasn''t scored while on a pro contract?  Is that enoungh for protest?Or are there some other Martins that I have missed.[/quote] Think he means the ''Turners''. Remember? those people that lent a couple of mill in exchange for a seat on the board. Along with the promise from Roger Munby that we wouldnt now have to sell Earnshaw, Safri, Etuhu et. al. .   [/quote]Good Gawd, can a guy not even take the mick out of an honest mistake around here without being taken for a moron.Just because I am a moron doesn''t mean you have to treat me like one.

Maybe, just maybe, with a year of Grant''s tenue fast approaching, its time for a Pink Un Poll to be published regarding his credibililty, with just one difference, every voter must supply his NCFC membership number to vote, in an attempt to stop the binners corrupting the vote!.

Sadly, I must now say, Grant Out.

[quote user="allways travelling"][quote user="Budger"]

"I''m backing Peter all the way"

"We will get promoted this season"

fickle is the word..

[/quote]We will get promoted this season what boozer are you in at the moment they must be selling some really potent stuff must be where granty has his sessions.Grant cant even pick his best side he is totally inept and very nieve we are going to be lucky to stay in this division with him at the helm.[/quote]

I think you''ve misunderstood Budger''s post just ever so slightly, he was in fact quoting Wiz on here during the summer.

Frankly Wiz, I''m embarrassed for you.  Yet again.

Level on point with Wolves...yet our season is dead in the water?

Pathetic.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

What after 6 games with his new players?????

no... there wont be protests....

We wont be challenging come Christmas but we will be playing good football and steadily improving under Grant.

He will come good for us.... Mark my words.. in 18 months time you will all look back at the post-charlton posts and laugh.

jas :)

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

What after 6 games with his new players?????

[/quote]

Yes, especially as two appear to be ''sicknotes'' and two others warm the bench in key games!.

[quote user="Le Juge"]I''ve got an idea, why don''t we hire managers every year, give them a year to make a dramatic improvement to the team and then when they don''t because it''s simply too short of a time period, we should fire them and try someone else! That''ll help the club, squad and finances![/quote] How long then Juge before you say times up you had your chance Mr Grant but you failed? What about the board how long should they have to make us a successful FOOTBALL club before they stand aside?

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

Why wait until Christmas? Surely, we can get a manager whose ambitions go beyond avoiding relegation Unfortunately, by the time he comes, the damage will have been done irretrievably. Without a benevolent benefactor, the best that can ever be hoped for nowadays is a place in the play-offs and perhaps the luck to slip through the back-door à la Watford. Having arrived at the club, the first thing Grant did was to antagonise the supporters, then publicly criticise individual players. When his words are actually comprehensible, he has said nothing that shows any real awareness of the intricacies of the game. His tactics have been generally awful and mostly designed at achieving a 0-0 draw. During his time as a footballer at Norwich, he was a very ordinary player. He has now put together a very ordinary team that, at best, plays very ordinary football. I have absolutely no confidence in his ability, and even if I am the only one, I think that the table at the end of the season, if he is still in charge (God forbid), will not be particularly different from how I envisage it now. Oh and before the bugles sound for unquestioning allegiance, I am a season ticket and share-holder with some knowledge of football.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="cityangel"]

Who are the Martins?

[/quote]

Seach me Angel.[:(]

Sorry for the blond moment I meant THE TURNERS.

Doh!.[:(]

[/quote]

What wrong with the Turners?

There about the best chance we have at the moment of a takeover, especially since Delia made it clear she''d only sell to Norfolk people. £275mil they''re worth don''t forget (and rising).

Unfortunately your passion as a season ticket and share holder, and using these facts to try to add weight to your claim to have ''some knowledge of football'' unfortunately does not work reading the drivel in the rest of the post.

When did Grant, or anyone else in the team say that their ambition was to avoid relegation?

The BOARDS ambition is to avoid relegation and not pay out on players because a cursory look at the figures tells us the club IS IN FINANCIAL DIFFICULTIES with loan payments.

Grant antagonised the supporters because despite a new manager and a chance for a fresh start, a lot of the booers and hissers continued while a lot of others remained quiet instead of GETTING BEHIND THE TEAM - which everyone who knows anything about motivation in football is VITAL.

Have his tactics been generally awful?  Lets give it a few games more before we decide that shall we - there are a lot of teams in that division with bigger wallets playing equally dire football - its the start of a new season with  new teams.

I would love you to explain how him being an average footballer has anything to do with his ability to be a manager?

An ordinary team - perhaps, but perhap not.  Lets give Brellier, Strihavkha, Otsemobor, Cureton and Smith a bit of time to get involved and then judge shall we?

Ordinary, slogging, boring football is what wins this division - you want to see the old Norwich of endless passing triangles but getting stuffed every week do you??

Over to you.

[quote user="Robert Mantrippe"]Why wait until Christmas? Surely, we can get a manager whose ambitions go beyond avoiding relegation Unfortunately, by the time he comes, the damage will have been done irretrievably. Without a benevolent benefactor, the best that can ever be hoped for nowadays is a place in the play-offs and perhaps the luck to slip through the back-door à la Watford. Having arrived at the club, the first thing Grant did was to antagonise the supporters, then publicly criticise individual players. When his words are actually comprehensible, he has said nothing that shows any real awareness of the intricacies of the game. His tactics have been generally awful and mostly designed at achieving a 0-0 draw. During his time as a footballer at Norwich, he was a very ordinary player. He has now put together a very ordinary team that, at best, plays very ordinary football. I have absolutely no confidence in his ability, and even if I am the only one, I think that the table at the end of the season, if he is still in charge (God forbid), will not be particularly different from how I envisage it now. Oh and before the bugles sound for unquestioning allegiance, I am a season ticket and share-holder with some knowledge of football.
[/quote]