Sign in to follow this  
Huddy

Doherty must go

Indeed. Listened to the game and spoke to a couple of mates who were there and both said Doherty was the only player to come out of the game with any credit and score would have been much worse if it wasn''t for him. Plus, he kept his discipline unlike some others and is our only available experienced CB right now.

I don''t like Doherty as much as the next guy, but get off his back and support him for Christs sake.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Polar1990"]

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]Disappoining to see that you only re-emerge at the first sign of  a defeat smudger [:(][/quote]

yeah smugger, you lost all credibility and your comments no longer hold any value. your inability to come on this board when we win and congratulate the team and enjoy the victory with the rest of us is as Zipper said, dissapointing.

get lost.

[/quote]

So where are you this evening then POLAR???

Maybe you have lost your internet connection???  [:P]

[/quote]

I''m here Smudgo, how are you tonight? glad of our defeat today i presume? i apologise for keeping you waiting, i was understandably annoyed myself at todays result so decided i''d go and have a kick around myself, few mates you know. but hey back to business.

Incidentally, when we had had a couple of good results, southampton, preston etc where were you? had your internet connection gone? convenient that isn''t it.

Now Smug you have been banging on and on and on about getting rid of the board, Grant and captain canary but for the purposes of this ''friendly'' debate will you just fill me in on your plans.

1, I trust you have a mate with 30 million to throw into Norwich yes? are they prepared to buy out Delia? who do you recommend as Chairman? cheif Exec? etc etc... i trust you volunteer yourself to fill the jolly mascot costume, being a qualified clown already?

2, if the above has not been pre arranged by your own good nature and forward thinking what do you propose to do when your crusade against the crumbling carrow walls suceeds? (assuming it does) are you just going to sit there like a lemon feeling very stupid and conviniently forget your login password for a few weeks until the chippy round the corner volunteers to whack £2.50 and a can of diet Pepsi into the club to buy us out of administration or whatever it is you would whack us into?

3, once the smudger revolution is under way who do you intend to bring in as manager? do you perhaps think that Jose will think "Ah that nice smudger man who couldn''t organise a beer festival in a brewery has asked me to come and help the club he claims to support into the premiership and beyond, maybe i should give them a hand, they might bite my head off if i fail to win some away games but i''m sure that this nice man wouldn''t throw out something with promise"   or perhaps paul jewell (if we are to be realistic, i''m not sure how you want to play this as your realistic views are about as real as mary poppins) would come? unlikely, anyway the point i''m making Smug is who do you really think would be stupid enough to come to Carrow road when the vast majority of city fans demand instant success and they, being rather intelligent in their work, realise that success takes time.

4, which players do you intend to attract to this club? i''m sure Ronaldos agent is just waiting for a call, we can''t get players here smudge because of the geographic location and lets be realistic, who wants to come to carrow road? if they make a mistake they get rinsed, shame to the shirt etc etc.

i could go on all day Smudger but i''m sure you have battle plans being laid. feel free to gloat when we get knocked out by man city, feel free to gloat next weekend, feel free to gloat if the worst should happen and we drop down a division. feel free smudger because at the end of the day i can just laugh because you show no joy in victory unless its a meaningless victory of your own against real fans who watch norwich play just for the love of the game and the love of the club. No one, save you cluck and a few others who seem to do nothing more than follow the club with the hope success will never come and you will be able to laugh at all us sheep. well i''d rather be a sheep smudge, a sheep in a herd supporting the yellow and green than one such as yourself, a lone wolf with bark far worse than the bite.

Keep gloating Smudge, you did last season and we survived. we will again, things will improve sooner or later and when they do i hope you enjoy your slice of humble pie.

Congrats on the win today btw, 4-1 you must be proud.

I think your right lappins left foot

with the current crop we have 1 player cant be singled out, we have a much bigger problem. There are too many players who arent up to it, and the manager aint helping.

Thats why my Picture of Doherty with a cross has been replaced with something more appropriate.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Polar1990"]

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]Disappoining to see that you only re-emerge at the first sign of  a defeat smudger [:(][/quote]

yeah smugger, you lost all credibility and your comments no longer hold any value. your inability to come on this board when we win and congratulate the team and enjoy the victory with the rest of us is as Zipper said, dissapointing.

get lost.

[/quote]

[/quote]I think he was at the game today smudger. Where were you ?

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="HUDDY"]

Apparently doherty was the ownly one who showed some character today?

Is that true?

[/quote]

Correct. According to my son who was at the game Doherty was the best City player out there today .......  

[/quote]

Some consolation that is.... [:P]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Polar1990"]

get lost.

[/quote]

Alas i wasn''t had to work and live to far away from civilisation (plymouth) so games can be tricky. still ive seen Norwich Vs Cardiff thus far this season will see Plymouth and possibly even bristol and cardiff away if i can make them. beats your lifetime tally Smugoo.

[/quote]

[quote user="Polar1990"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Polar1990"]

get lost.

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m here Smudgo, how are you tonight? glad of our defeat today i presume? i apologise for keeping you waiting, i was understandably annoyed myself at todays result so decided i''d go and have a kick around myself, few mates you know. but hey back to business.

Incidentally, when we had had a couple of good results, southampton, preston etc where were you? had your internet connection gone? convenient that isn''t it.

Now Smug you have been banging on and on and on about getting rid of the board, Grant and captain canary but for the purposes of this ''friendly'' debate will you just fill me in on your plans.

1, I trust you have a mate with 30 million to throw into Norwich yes? are they prepared to buy out Delia? who do you recommend as Chairman? cheif Exec? etc etc... i trust you volunteer yourself to fill the jolly mascot costume, being a qualified clown already?

2, if the above has not been pre arranged by your own good nature and forward thinking what do you propose to do when your crusade against the crumbling carrow walls suceeds? (assuming it does) are you just going to sit there like a lemon feeling very stupid and conviniently forget your login password for a few weeks until the chippy round the corner volunteers to whack £2.50 and a can of diet Pepsi into the club to buy us out of administration or whatever it is you would whack us into?

3, once the smudger revolution is under way who do you intend to bring in as manager? do you perhaps think that Jose will think "Ah that nice smudger man who couldn''t organise a beer festival in a brewery has asked me to come and help the club he claims to support into the premiership and beyond, maybe i should give them a hand, they might bite my head off if i fail to win some away games but i''m sure that this nice man wouldn''t throw out something with promise"   or perhaps paul jewell (if we are to be realistic, i''m not sure how you want to play this as your realistic views are about as real as mary poppins) would come? unlikely, anyway the point i''m making Smug is who do you really think would be stupid enough to come to Carrow road when the vast majority of city fans demand instant success and they, being rather intelligent in their work, realise that success takes time.

4, which players do you intend to attract to this club? i''m sure Ronaldos agent is just waiting for a call, we can''t get players here smudge because of the geographic location and lets be realistic, who wants to come to carrow road? if they make a mistake they get rinsed, shame to the shirt etc etc.

i could go on all day Smudger but i''m sure you have battle plans being laid. feel free to gloat when we get knocked out by man city, feel free to gloat next weekend, feel free to gloat if the worst should happen and we drop down a division. feel free smudger because at the end of the day i can just laugh because you show no joy in victory unless its a meaningless victory of your own against real fans who watch norwich play just for the love of the game and the love of the club. No one, save you cluck and a few others who seem to do nothing more than follow the club with the hope success will never come and you will be able to laugh at all us sheep. well i''d rather be a sheep smudge, a sheep in a herd supporting the yellow and green than one such as yourself, a lone wolf with bark far worse than the bite.

Keep gloating Smudge, you did last season and we survived. we will again, things will improve sooner or later and when they do i hope you enjoy your slice of humble pie.

[/quote]

WOW !,

can we have 26000 of THAT

(if only...)

otbc

[quote user="FilletTheFishWife ."]

agree

1) doherty was possibly the best player today

2) how depressing 1) is !

[/quote]

It''s depressing because Doherty played to his usual level. He was reliable, defended well but was probably guilty of backing off too much for the goals. After today nobody will say that if we just get another centrehalf in everything is ok. Yes we still need to improve that area but suddenly central defence is looking the strongest part of our team?

On Tuesday we weren''t great but we were strong.. the players did everything that was asked of them by their manager and they put in a performance full of  effort, passion and commitment for him. They got in Charltons faces, they tackled, they blocked and although I agree they didn''t create much they only lost to two dubious penalties in the last five minutes.

So what was different today?  The effort, passion and commitment was missing. We were not a team in any sense of the word. We started with 9 and finished with 7. Leadership on the pitch? There was none! Yes we missed Dublin but we had our captain back in his place. Missing Dublin doesn''t excuse lack of effort. It doesn''t excuse senior players sulking and hiding.

Maybe it''s the manager? Maybe having put in that performance on Tuesday they saw it rewarded by yet another change in system and personnel. What was Chris Browns reward for doing everything asked of him on Tuesday? Yep, to be replaced by everyones favoured two strikers who didn''t manage a shot on goal between them.

Was Brellier rubbish yeasterday? Well, thats debateable. He certainly showed an inexcusable lack of discipline in the incident where he was sent off but prior to that he kept being noticed because he never hid and at times was the only visible presence in our midfield. When the going is tough it''s the players that are not noticed that should be questioned.

Comparisons have been made to the games against Plymouth and Burnley last season and today did have that same sort of feel about it. The thing I remember about those games however was how Huckerby and Earnshaw battled to the end for a manager they obviously felt some loyalty towards. The players who battled to the end today were, I''m afraid, not of the same quality.

Peter Grant has a problem and not much time to sort it out. We can all perhaps make a guess as to what is the cause but this performance has to be a one off. I will defend the team and the players when they lose in the manner they did on Tuesday but not after a debacle like today.

[quote user="FilletTheFishWife ."]

agree

[/quote]

It''s depressing because Doherty played to his usual level. He was reliable, defended well but was probably guilty of backing off too much for the goals. After today nobody will say that if we just get another centrehalf in everything is ok. Yes we still need to improve that area but suddenly central defence is looking the strongest part of our team?

On Tuesday we weren''t great but we were strong.. the players did everything that was asked of them by their manager and they put in a performance full of  effort, passion and commitment for him. They got in Charltons faces, they tackled, they blocked and although I agree they didn''t create much they only lost to two dubious penalties in the last five minutes.

So what was different today?  The effort, passion and commitment was missing. We were not a team in any sense of the word. We started with 9 and finished with 7. Leadership on the pitch? There was none! Yes we missed Dublin but we had our captain back in his place. Missing Dublin doesn''t excuse lack of effort. It doesn''t excuse senior players sulking and hiding.

Maybe it''s the manager? Maybe having put in that performance on Tuesday they saw it rewarded by yet another change in system and personnel. What was Chris Browns reward for doing everything asked of him on Tuesday? Yep, to be replaced by everyones favoured two strikers who didn''t manage a shot on goal between them.

Was Brellier rubbish yeasterday? Well, thats debateable. He certainly showed an inexcusable lack of discipline in the incident where he was sent off but prior to that he kept being noticed because he never hid and at times was the only visible presence in our midfield. When the going is tough it''s the players that are not noticed that should be questioned.

Comparisons have been made to the games against Plymouth and Burnley last season and today did have that same sort of feel about it. The thing I remember about those games however was how Huckerby and Earnshaw battled to the end for a manager they obviously felt some loyalty towards. The players who battled to the end today were, I''m afraid, not of the same quality.

Peter Grant has a problem and not much time to sort it out. We can all perhaps make a guess as to what is the cause but this performance has to be a one off. I will defend the team and the players when they lose in the manner they did on Tuesday but not after a debacle like today.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="FilletTheFishWife ."]

agree

[/quote]

[/quote]

Keep on hoping Nutty. We don''t have much else left.

By the way, who were the 2 players who in your opinion were missing from the beginning? (The same 2 who were sulking and hiding?)

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

By the way, who were the 2 players who in your opinion were missing from the beginning? (The same 2 who were sulking and hiding?)

OTBC

[/quote]

We can only hope Bly. We can all have our own ideas, whose right and whose wrong. Should we turn up and let those feelings be known (ala Wiz) or should we stay away and let the empty seats shout (ala RH). Me? I''ll go and support the team because it''s what I do through my extra thick yellow and green welding goggles.

I bet you can guess which two players I was referring to. If I mention them on here I will get shedloads of abuse and I''m not in the mood for it. Those who were there MUST have seen it even if they have welding goggles for those players as thick as my yellow and green ones. It''s becoming obvious that no senior player has learned anything from Dublins example which says more about them than I can.

get lost.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well said Polar, a very eloquent and passionate message.  You''re not alone, just in a minority on this website mate. 

get lost.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Are you enjoying your humble pie POLAR???

I see it doesn''t sem to go down easily with you does it???

Maybe you could try it with a little bit of cream or a little bit of custard?  Because you are sure going to have to get used to the taste of it over the coming season...

Enjoy!!!  [:D]

[quote user="Polar1990"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Polar1990"]

get lost.

[/quote]

Alas i wasn''t had to work and live to far away from civilisation (plymouth) so games can be tricky. still ive seen Norwich Vs Cardiff thus far this season will see Plymouth and possibly even bristol and cardiff away if i can make them. beats your lifetime tally Smugoo.

[/quote][/quote]

Don''t think so... have beat your lifetime tally in one season POLAR... not that it really matters either way...

Maybe in another 16 years time you may witness another NCFC worth following???

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Polar1990"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Polar1990"]

get lost.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Are you enjoying your humble pie POLAR???

I see it doesn''t sem to go down easily with you does it???

Maybe you could try it with a little bit of cream or a little bit of custard?  Because you are sure going to have to get used to the taste of it over the coming season...

Enjoy!!!  [:D]

[/quote]

Smudge, you attack my absence after the wolves defeat and once i respond and ask you to make some suggestions and you respond by asking me about humble pie?

no smudger, i''m not anywhere near humble pie, i''m not the one gloating and then having it whacked in my face when things turn around, last season perhaps when we were certainly relegated?

so Smudger, back to my original points why don''t you answer them? or perhaps you are as i said, all bark no bite.

over to you my fickle friend, please do me the courtesy of responding without rabbiting on about pie.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]

I bet you can guess which two players I was referring to. If I mention them on here I will get shedloads of abuse and I''m not in the mood for it. Those who were there MUST have seen it even if they have welding goggles for those players as thick as my yellow and green ones. It''s becoming obvious that no senior player has learned anything from Dublins example which says more about them than I can.

[/quote]

im guessing cureton and huckerby as u they are many peoples fave players, and also classed as 2 of the ''senior'' players ... ?
am i right?

[quote user="ipswichrscum"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

im guessing cureton and huckerby as u they are many peoples fave players, and also classed as 2 of the ''senior'' players ... ?
am i right?

[/quote]

All I will say is that as it''s been stated that this is the weakest Norwich side since Hucks joined the club, and Saturday was the worst performance that Peter Grant has witnessed since he was manager or coach, it should be pointed out that Huckerby and Cureton are a part of that weakest team and contributed? to that worst performance. Just as Grant is ultimately responsible for the team that was sent out and the resulting performance.

It''s all very well paying lip service to the fans but at the end of the day the very least the fans deserve is effort and commitment from whatever quality has been assembled by the club. It''s ironic in this respect that the players booed before the game are the same players who put in a shift. It''s about character and mental strength, Dublin has it in spades but you have to wonder about some of them.