Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

OH HUCKERBY........YOU'RE A LIABILITY!

[quote user="UEA Canary"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Hardhouse44"][

I stand by everything I post or say. Do you?????

[/quote]

In general, yes, Ido.

But unlike many on here, including you, I have the ability, and logic, to change my mind from time to time.

But I digress........

I challenge you, or indeed anyone else come to that, to produce one single posts from me, since his appointment, of a change on my stance on how greatly I admire Glen Roeders football ability.

You keep saying I change my mind, yes? so its put up or shut up time Hardhouse.

Show us the recent proof!.[:|]

[/quote]

Depends on your definition of recent, but I certainly know several posts before and after Glens appointment where you abused him in a rather harsh and childish manner, before even a ball was kicked.

I''ve seen the posts where you charmingly dub Roeder "Rat boy" and now you have the cheek to post that your a great admirer of him. But this isn''t the first time you''ve flip flopped your opinion you do it all the time just to suit the masses IMHO, and its as predictable as Smudger moaning [;)]

Oh and some of the proof:
http://www.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1063781/ShowPost.aspx
I love this one where you say we should sack him straight away:
http://www.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1065104/ShowPost.aspx

This one just for smudger:
http://www.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1064960/ShowPost.aspx

Oh and this one is for everyone who posted in this thread slagging Roeder off and is now kissing his ass, because lets be honest here Wiz is not the only culprit here:
http://www.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1065053/ShowPost.aspx

To be honest looking back at that time, its funny to see how many people have changed their opinions of Roeder since his arrival...
[/quote]

This is the best post I''ve read here in a long time.  Old Flip-flop the Wizard.  It''s acceptable to change your mind, Wiz, but to do so on a daily basis is pushing it.

That Roeder thread is priceless.  "Furious", "gutted", "cheap option", etc.  Still, what''s the internet for if not to allow knee-jerk reactions from clueless punters?

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

I am sorry but this was true then and it is true now and if I was Glenn Roeder and I wanted to be the boss I would do what he is doing and get rid of the shop steward.

On all levels Huckerby is a liability, and this now includes to himself. I want to see the guy go out with dignity but he is just rocking the boat for his own ends with his ill judged comments to the media and spoiling his own legacy not enhancing it.

Some people looked at the bloated drug fueled Elvis Presley and saw the king of rock and roll.

Some people see David beckham and want to play him again for that goal against Greece.

If Huckerby isn''t careful he''ll end up in a rain forest with Ant and Dec dining out on a wichety grub.

But it doesn''t have to be this way. Hucks, just accept Roeder is the boss and knows best (if you don''t think he knows best then he is still the boss), take the rest, get fit, work hard, get the chance to play and then roll back the years. The crowd will love you for it and will remember you for all the right reasons.

[/quote]

This is exactly how I feel, Rudolph.  Roeder doesn''t tolerate mavericks.  He might, just might, let Ronaldo into the first team - but Huckerby, bless him, and for all his wonderful years of service, is no longer living up to his billing and so the maintenance overhead he carries currently outweighs the benefits of picking him.  Hucks, keep quiet, work hard, and show us how good you are on Saturdays when your chance comes.

[quote user="cityangel"]

Give me strength [:$]

Hucks I know you read this board so just smile to yourself in the knowledge that only 3 people agree with Mr Hucker, which leaves about 22,000 fans who think you''re an absolute legend.

[/quote]

Hucks has made my season ticket worth paying for over the last few years, for me has given his all for this club and has aquired legend status. If he leaves at the end of the season then I wish him fairwell, but I hope he stays and carries on entertaining us.Nobody is beyond critisism but we have so few top class players in our team that I am amazed to see armchair assasins having a go at him! 

1st Wizard replied

A truely shameful post Hucker.

A new low....................even for you!.[:|]

What part(s) of my post did you object to (and don''t just come out with ''all of it'') I really think you and others are failing to read what I am saying and some - like CA - are so blindingly loyal to Huckerby they cannot see anything but good (at least she is consistent though).

Alright, I have written it and titled it in an Archantesque way, but that is only to make it more eye-catching. The points are valid and have been for some time it''s just many are slow to pick up on them. Huckerby has now gone on to let himself down in the press. I want to see him go out on a high and perhaps he needs to hear the truth to do so.

I think a few fans are reading more into all of this than is in all honesty there.

Hucks has had a chronic hip complaint for a while, has sought advice from a Consultant in London (before GR was manager) and is still having treatment for this.

I don''t know if anyone on here is really knowledgeable on orthopaedics (I have worked in that dept at the N&N on occasions over the years) and can tell you that even something relatively minor can have a devestating effect on a sportsman''s performance.

To be honest I don''t think there is much to get worked up about. Hucks is not his usual speedy self because of the hip - he''s getting on now and even if it weren''t the hip it might be something else. He''s out of contract and needs security, like anyone else.

I haven''t seen anything from GR to suggest they have fallen out or don''t see eye to eye, and frankly all that Darren has said regarding carrying the City front line is true. As were his words regarding the week squad earlier in the season.

[quote user="UEA Canary"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Hardhouse44"][

I stand by everything I post or say. Do you?????

[/quote]

In general, yes, Ido.

But unlike many on here, including you, I have the ability, and logic, to change my mind from time to time.

But I digress........

I challenge you, or indeed anyone else come to that, to produce one single posts from me, since his appointment, of a change on my stance on how greatly I admire Glen Roeders football ability.

You keep saying I change my mind, yes? so its put up or shut up time Hardhouse.

Show us the recent proof!.[:|]

[/quote]

Depends on your definition of recent, but I certainly know several posts before and after Glens appointment where you abused him in a rather harsh and childish manner, before even a ball was kicked.

I''ve seen the posts where you charmingly dub Roeder "Rat boy" and now you have the cheek to post that your a great admirer of him. But this isn''t the first time you''ve flip flopped your opinion you do it all the time just to suit the masses IMHO, and its as predictable as Smudger moaning [;)]

Oh and some of the proof:
http://www.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1063781/ShowPost.aspx
I love this one where you say we should sack him straight away:
http://www.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1065104/ShowPost.aspx

This one just for smudger:
http://www.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1064960/ShowPost.aspx

Oh and this one is for everyone who posted in this thread slagging Roeder off and is now kissing his ass, because lets be honest here Wiz is not the only culprit here:
http://www.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1065053/ShowPost.aspx

To be honest looking back at that time, its funny to see how many people have changed their opinions of Roeder since his arrival...
[/quote]

Not one of your selected posts of mine are under 5 months old UEA. Did they not teach you the definition of the word ''recent'' at University then?.

Next!.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]

This is the best post I''ve read here in a long time.  Old Flip-flop the Wizard.  It''s acceptable to change your mind, Wiz, but to do so on a daily basis is pushing it.

[/quote]

As I said to Hardhouse, prove I change my mind on a daily basis mate, you can''t can you?.[:|]

On Hucks and Cureo......................never changed my mind, I think they''re great.

On the board...................................never have trusted them!.

On GR..............................................didn''t want him here, but backed him since he got the job ie. before Ippo game.

Thats not flip flop squire, thats being consistant.[:D]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Not one of your selected posts of mine are under 5 months old UEA. Did they not teach you the definition of the word ''recent'' at University then?.

Next!.

[/quote]

Well wherever you got educated they clearly didn''t teach you

punctuation, or how to count for that matter because since when was the end of

October five months ago? By my calculations it goes November, December, January

which adds up to three months and a week.

The definition of recent is a tricky one actually, due to all time being relevant,

and it could easily be concluded that a few months is a recent time, which I

believe it to be. You even freely admitted that you actually changed your

opinion much quicker, for you were calling him “rat boy” less than a week before

the Ipswich game, but now you say you backed him straight after it? That''s

clearly a flip-flop in your opinion stance, and to be honest you’ve done it with Worthy, you’ve

done it with Delia and you’ll keep on doing it. Deny it all you want, but those

posts speak for themselves and I think you’ll find that most people will agree

with me.

[quote user="UEA Canary"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

Next!.

[/quote]

Well wherever you got educated they clearly didn''t teach you punctuation, or how to count for that matter because since when was the end of October five months ago? By my calculations it goes November, December, January which adds up to three months and a week.

The definition of recent is a tricky one actually, due to all time being relevant, and it could easily be concluded that a few months is a recent time, which I believe it to be. You even freely admitted that you actually changed your opinion much quicker, for you were calling him “rat boy” less than a week before the Ipswich game, but now you say you backed him straight after it? That''s clearly a flip-flop in your opinion stance, and to be honest you’ve done it with Worthy, you’ve done it with Delia and you’ll keep on doing it. Deny it all you want, but those posts speak for themselves and I think you’ll find that most people will agree with me.

[/quote]

I was backing Glen before the Ippo game UEA, still, don''t let fact get in the way of a bit of wizard bashing!.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Mister Chops"]

[/quote]

As I said to Hardhouse, prove I change my mind on a daily basis mate, you can''t can you?.[:|]

On Hucks and Cureo......................never changed my mind, I think they''re great.

On GR..............................................didn''t want him here, but backed him since he got the job ie. before Ippo game.

[/quote]

No, that''s not Wizard. "Consistent". There, now that''s being consistent. Where''s that dictionary you keep bragging about Pointy Hat?

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="UEA Canary"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

Next!.

[/quote]

Well wherever you got educated they clearly didn''t teach you punctuation, or how to count for that matter because since when was the end of October five months ago? By my calculations it goes November, December, January which adds up to three months and a week.The definition of recent is a tricky one actually, due to all time being relevant, and it could easily be concluded that a few months is a recent time, which I believe it to be. You even freely admitted that you actually changed your opinion much quicker, for you were calling him “rat boy” less than a week before the Ipswich game, but now you say you backed him straight after it? That''s clearly a flip-flop in your opinion stance, and to be honest you’ve done it with Worthy, you’ve done it with Delia and you’ll keep on doing it. Deny it all you want, but those posts speak for themselves and I think you’ll find that most people will agree with me.

[/quote]

I was backing Glen before the Ippo game UEA, still, don''t let fact get in the way of a bit of wizard bashing!.

[/quote]So now your admiting you flip-flopped even earlier than that, how can you defend that you were posting "rat-boy" one day and then the next you claim to be backing him

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Mister Chops"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No, that''s not Wizard. "Consistent". There, now that''s being consistent. Where''s that dictionary you keep bragging about Pointy Hat?

[/quote]

I never claimed to use it much though did I Panky?.[;)]

[quote user="UEA Canary"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="UEA Canary"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

Next!.

[/quote]

Well wherever you got educated they clearly didn''t teach you punctuation, or how to count for that matter because since when was the end of October five months ago? By my calculations it goes November, December, January which adds up to three months and a week.

The definition of recent is a tricky one actually, due to all time being relevant, and it could easily be concluded that a few months is a recent time, which I believe it to be. You even freely admitted that you actually changed your opinion much quicker, for you were calling him “rat boy” less than a week before the Ipswich game, but now you say you backed him straight after it? That''s clearly a flip-flop in your opinion stance, and to be honest you’ve done it with Worthy, you’ve done it with Delia and you’ll keep on doing it. Deny it all you want, but those posts speak for themselves and I think you’ll find that most people will agree with me.

[/quote]

[/quote]

So now your admiting you flip-flopped even earlier than that, how can you defend that you were posting "rat-boy" one day and then the next you claim to be backing him
[/quote]

Simply, that once GR had signed to become our manager, I then, in all fairness, had to give him my support.

Anything prior to the above events happening, was open to criticising, remember? I didn''t want him here, but once it became official.............as a City fan I had to give him time and support him.

And I''m bloody glad I did!   

[quote user="SPat"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

apart from when you wanted a statue of Delia though [:O] lol
[/quote]

I like to see your evidence of that Spat.

If I did say that, then I must have been well pi*sed![:$]

I really detest the woman.

[/quote]

So now your admiting you flip-flopped even earlier than that, how can you defend that you were posting "rat-boy" one day and then the next you claim to be backing him
[/quote]

I thought that if he was appointed, you were going to leap into the Wensum "Lemen"-style, Wiz.

That''s a quick turnaround, even for you.

You''re not interesting enough for me to dig deeper, but I''m pretty sure I could find several more examples - I seem to remember you supporting Smudger''s protest, then not supporting it.  Still, you''re not in public office so I don''t suppose it matters.  As long as people remember to take nothing you say seriously, we''re all friends.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Are you going to back Glenn now Wiz.....it is the year of the Rat after all?![/quote]

You said that Mr Rudolph sir.......................not I.[:O]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I thought that if he was appointed, you were going to leap into the Wensum "Lemen"-style, Wiz.

That''s a quick turnaround, even for you.

You''re not interesting enough for me to dig deeper, but I''m pretty sure I could find several more examples - I seem to remember you supporting Smudger''s protest, then not supporting it.  Still, you''re not in public office so I don''t suppose it matters.  As long as people remember to take nothing you say seriously, we''re all friends.

[/quote]

Understand my words Mr C.

I have clearly said, on numerous occassions now, that before GR became our manager, I didn''t want him here.

But!.

Once he became our manager, I had to support him, to do otherwise, would have been arrogant and totally unfair. To keep you and others of your ilk satisfied, I would have had to choose the latter course. And being fair minded I couldn''t............

I had to give him a chance once he was here.

Now behave![:D]

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

Great player, great pro, a Norwich great but now a liability.

Darren seldom fits into teams; he is an enigma and that is why he has had more clubs than Woosnam.

Sorry Hucks......but nowadays you are a liability.

[/quote]

What was it you were saying Mr Hucker?????????????????????????????

Cityangel, Huck''s has shown us a glimmer today of the ''''wonderboy'''' he was, he''s played a cracking game today and had a couple of good games before that, but the rest of the season he has been nothing short of average, and believe you me that pains me to say it.

I don''t know if its his injury that has held him back, his confidence or a combination of both, but today he played like he had never got a hip injury.

agree with weareyellows... 4 or 5 decent games in 40 so far and Hucks is the Saviour? the time has come much as it pains me to say it....

jas :)

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

Cityangel, Huck''s has shown us a glimmer today of the ''''wonderboy'''' he was, he''s played a cracking game today and had a couple of good games before that, but the rest of the season he has been nothing short of average, and believe you me that pains me to say it.

I don''t know if its his injury that has held him back, his confidence or a combination of both, but today he played like he had never got a hip injury. [/quote]

I think his hip injury has held him back and now that its finally been sorted we''ll see him back to his best. I would give him another 12 months but then again you''ll all say I''m biased.

What do others think?

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

I don''t know if its his injury that has held him back, his confidence or a combination of both, but today he played like he had never got a hip injury. [/quote]

I think his hip injury has held him back and now that its finally been sorted we''ll see him back to his best. I would give him another 12 months but then again you''ll all say I''m biased.

What do others think?

I think Huckerby had that spark in his game again yesterday. Seems funny he has got back to his old self without surgery. I''d be more inclined to say that there was a bust up between him and Roeder. I might be wrong and I hope I am.

[/quote]

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

What do others think?

[/quote]

I think he had his best game of the season yesterday and has looked brighter and brighter in his last few games - so he''s back on the up and if he can play as well as he did yesterday, consistently, we should keep him.