Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

OH HUCKERBY........YOU'RE A LIABILITY!

How dare you or anyone else question the ability of a true legend who still scares the cr*p out of any defence in this league. As for fitness and getting old and slow did Hucks not smash the pre-season club race record last year? I dont think in 12 months you age and deterioate that much. I can only see 3 major problems with our team Brown, Donkey Doc, and idiot supporters who talk garbage

Take Darren Huckerby out of our side and you can kiss any chance to a top half finish goodbye. Last season he was the scorer/provider for 80% of our goals, and this season will be no different. And also, with our current tactics and "lets just stop the opposition scoring for 89 minutes" attitude to games, Darren Huckerby remains the very last true offer of actual football entertainment at Carrow Road.

So it''s beyond the manager to do two things. Fit Huckerby into our team and get him to play to instructions.

We really are scraping the barrel if we can''t accommodate one of only two really class players at the club (Dion being the other). Strangely enough we can''t seem to sort out his best position either.

Hucks is why most of us are going to watch at the moment. Get rid of him and we are in for a long and hard decade. Huckerby should not HAVE TO defend, he''s not a defender, if the defence isn''t up to its collective job, then that is a problem for the manager (and board), not one player.

He may not have the strength and pace of 2003, but without him in the side we are going nowhere fast.

Excellent just excellent.........the most sense on here for a long time,.............people are blinded by the hype around Hucks and you have put it exactly how many people have felt for a long time about how how team is unbalanced when he plays. He is a match winner at times but they are very rare and we are a better 4-4-2 team without him.............as you say put him on the bench

great post all of the players you named are absolute c**p and don''t deserve any praise with the exception of russell, croft is too fat and the rest are just useless huckerby is the best footballer at this club by a country mile, alright he may not be the best defensively but isn''t it the defenders job to defend and the attackers job to attack?

and huckerby is an attacker

So...many of you are prepared to excuse Huckerby from any defensive duties, are you?

Take the recent England games....I think you''d see Wright-Phillips and Cole up and down their respective sides and putting their foot in. That''s modern football I''m afraid.

If you were the manager of a team about to play Norwich I suggest you would have a clear plan to deal with Huckerby and another to exploit what he does not/will not do.

I accept Huckerby is not fit, let alone match fit, but for tactical reasons, at Wolves,  he needs to start from the bench.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]So...many of you are prepared to excuse Huckerby from any defensive duties, are you?

Take the recent England games....I think you''d see Wright-Phillips and Cole up and down their respective sides and putting their foot in. That''s modern football I''m afraid.

If you were the manager of a team about to play Norwich I suggest you would have a clear plan to deal with Huckerby and another to exploit what he does not/will not do.

I accept Huckerby is not fit, let alone match fit, but for tactical reasons, at Wolves,  he needs to start from the bench.

[/quote]

Yes I do excuse him defensive duties rude ole;   because you use him where he is most dangerous to them and not us - by playing him as a striker and playing a real midfielder on the left flank in Lappin;   Cureton is excused defensive duties as a  striker sio ourbest player should be spared that role too if it makes us a better team.

If you mean he is a liability as a left sided midfielder then I agree,  because he weakens the defence more than the attacking contribution he makes and the manager hasnt been able to re-shape the rest of the team to take away the down side.

Are we all agreed that he was most effective in our championship winning season?? if so he played upfront then so i still say thats where we should play him

Most of us would hesitate to dropHux, because of his record and because of the fear he engenders in other sides, but it has to be said that he seems a little subdued and lacking spark at the moment.The worst case would be if the hip injury/condition is something that is "permanent". He himself described it as something "I can cope with" so long as the back-room staff can keep him going.So the question is is this, "Do we continue to play him, in the belief that with more match fitness he will become something of his old self, or if the condition means that he is less effective do we persevere and let other teams realise that he is not what he was?" Will nursing him mean that we play him when the situation and his hip seem to be appropriate, and spare him from the rigours of two games a week. If so, the squad will have to be very adaptable, - he the kingpin when he plays and a different attacking formation when he doesn''tHe was a match winner, a scourge of defenders and one of our best players ever, but......On Doc the answer, sadly, has been clear for some time. He lacks pace and gets out of position and so has to resort to wrestling. For much of a game he is blunt and effective, but it takes only a second or two for him to concede a free-kick or penalty, as we saw on Tuesday. With Shacks also occasionally mistake prone, I think that we must try someone else with Shacks until Dion returns - either a present first teamer - Brown/Otse, Drury or someone like Spillane. What they lack in experience they may make up for in playing to the system and in concentration.

How much more evidence do you need?

Huckerby has a poor game at Wolves then publicly criticises his team mates, the manager and the board. I like his openess on one level but at the moment maverick players are not helpful.

Huckerby dismisses the League Cup match. Would you play someone who has told you the game doesn''t matter? It mattered to eleven others who almost took it to extra time, then who knows? We won''t win a cup but we do need the pay days.

The team without Huckerby suddenly has no stars, no prima donnas, everyone committed, balance and solidity.

Hucks has been great; so was Worthy but he was allowed to stay too long and sully his legacy.

Huckerby belongs on the bench for use in emergencies. We do have good players and we have players who, despite attracting abuse, like Doherty, give 100% and don''t slag off their team-mates.

Huckerby is a liability: on the pitch; in the dressing room; in the media and through his salary.

I am sorry but this was true then and it is true now and if I was Glenn Roeder and I wanted to be the boss I would do what he is doing and get rid of the shop steward.

On all levels Huckerby is a liability, and this now includes to himself. I want to see the guy go out with dignity but he is just rocking the boat for his own ends with his ill judged comments to the media and spoiling his own legacy not enhancing it.

Some people looked at the bloated drug fueled Elvis Presley and saw the king of rock and roll.

Some people see David beckham and want to play him again for that goal against Greece.

If Huckerby isn''t careful he''ll end up in a rain forest with Ant and Dec dining out on a wichety grub.

But it doesn''t have to be this way. Hucks, just accept Roeder is the boss and knows best (if you don''t think he knows best then he is still the boss), take the rest, get fit, work hard, get the chance to play and then roll back the years. The crowd will love you for it and will remember you for all the right reasons.

I''m glad we didn''t replace Doherty with a reserve player though Rudolph because whenever we did replace him with anyone we always conceded more goals! [;)]

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

I am sorry but this was true then and it is true now and if I was Glenn Roeder and I wanted to be the boss I would do what he is doing and get rid of the shop steward.

On all levels Huckerby is a liability, and this now includes to himself. I want to see the guy go out with dignity but he is just rocking the boat for his own ends with his ill judged comments to the media and spoiling his own legacy not enhancing it.

Some people looked at the bloated drug fueled Elvis Presley and saw the king of rock and roll.

Some people see David beckham and want to play him again for that goal against Greece.

If Huckerby isn''t careful he''ll end up in a rain forest with Ant and Dec dining out on a wichety grub.

But it doesn''t have to be this way. Hucks, just accept Roeder is the boss and knows best (if you don''t think he knows best then he is still the boss), take the rest, get fit, work hard, get the chance to play and then roll back the years. The crowd will love you for it and will remember you for all the right reasons.

[/quote]

A truely shameful post Hucker.

A new low....................even for you!.[:|]

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

[/quote]

A truely shameful post Hucker.

A new low....................even for you!.[:|]

[/quote]

How you have the gall to question and judge other peoples posts is beyond me. You “truly” are a sad little old man.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

[/quote]I agree with you Rudolph.Alot of people won''t agree but I guess the truth hurts doesn''t it...

Absolute tosh.  Hucks came on against Southampton and looked total quality.  Glenn, he needs to be in the squad.

[quote user="Hardhouse44"]

How you have the gall to question and judge other peoples posts is beyond me. You “truly” are a sad little old man.

[/quote]

A predictable, rude and name calling reply again from you I see.

I have the right to reply simply because this board is a democracy, even if that does annoy you and your kind!.[:|]

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Hardhouse44"]

[/quote]

I have the right to reply simply because this board is a democracy, even if that does annoy you and your kind!.[:|]

[/quote]

I should add, that some posters on here have bloody short memories in light of this Hucks bashing. I''m ashamed to be a supporter of the same club with them at times.

They and their ilk should follow West Ham.................they''d feel at home there!.[:|]

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Hardhouse44"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I should add, that some posters on here have bloody short memories in light of this Hucks bashing. I''m ashamed to be a supporter of the same club with them at times.

They and their ilk should follow West Ham.................they''d feel at home there!.[:|]

[/quote]

Quite possibly Wiz but you''re not whiter than white when it comes to bashing our players either so I hope you enjoy your games at Upton Park [;)]

[8]Wiz forever blowing bubbles........

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Hardhouse44"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m not bashing Hucks I personally think he''s a legend I’m bashing you and your holier than thou, moral high ground attitude. Your a disgrace. Changing your mind daily and you derogatory remarks far, far out weigh anything me or anybody else on here ever say.

Was it not to long a go you were calling your now god a "RAT BOY" want to argue about that and anything else I''ve said about you and your opinion then go ahead. I''m sure the pink un records will back me up.

You are the rude idiotic one and your reply is typical. Well for today anyway.

I stand by everything I post or say. Do you?????

[quote user="Hardhouse44"][

[/quote]

In general, yes, Ido.

But unlike many on here, including you, I have the ability, and logic, to change my mind from time to time.

But I digress........

I challenge you, or indeed anyone else come to that, to produce one single posts from me, since his appointment, of a change on my stance on how greatly I admire Glen Roeders football ability.

You keep saying I change my mind, yes? so its put up or shut up time Hardhouse.

Show us the recent proof!.[:|]

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Hardhouse44"][

[/quote]

In general, yes, Ido.

But unlike many on here, including you, I have the ability, and logic, to change my mind from time to time.

But I digress........

I challenge you, or indeed anyone else come to that, to produce one single posts from me, since his appointment, of a change on my stance on how greatly I admire Glen Roeders football ability.

[/quote]

Did you or did you not call Glenn Roeder "Rat Boy".

And is that or is that not a rude, derogatory, and callous remark towards somebody.

You changing of your mind is directly linked to the success of the team and how it going at the time. You rude remarks are usual either when somebody has failed or in this case before somebody has shown themselves to be of worth.

You clearly didn''t admire Glenn Roeder "football ability" or were unaware of it at some stage. Yet rather than wait to see or to express your concerns in a structured way you called him names presumably based upon his looks.

As for ability and logic. Yes you have the ability and logic to see that Glenn Roeder is dignified man who is a excellent manager at this level who has done a marvellous job for this club in his short time here. Rather than a “Rat Boy”. Got to hand it to you that''s genius.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Hardhouse44"][

[/quote]

In general, yes, Ido.

But I digress........

[/quote]Depends on your definition of recent, but I certainly know several posts before and after Glens appointment where you abused him in a rather harsh and childish manner, before even a ball was kicked.I''ve seen the posts where you charmingly dub Roeder "Rat boy" and now you have the cheek to post that your a great admirer of him. But this isn''t the first time you''ve flip flopped your opinion you do it all the time just to suit the masses IMHO, and its as predictable as Smudger moaning [;)]

Oh and some of the proof: http://www.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1063781/ShowPost.aspxI love this one where you say we should sack him straight away:http://www.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1065104/ShowPost.aspxThis one just for smudger:http://www.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1064960/ShowPost.aspxOh and this one is for everyone who posted in this thread slagging Roeder off and is now kissing his ass, because lets be honest here Wiz is not the only culprit here:http://www.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1065053/ShowPost.aspxTo be honest looking back at that time, its funny to see how many people have changed their opinions of Roeder since his arrival...

[quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Hardhouse44"][

[/quote]

In general, yes, Ido.

But I digress........

[/quote]

And is that or is that not a rude, derogatory, and callous remark towards somebody.

You changing of your mind is directly linked to the success of the team and how it going at the time. You rude remarks are usual either when somebody has failed or in this case before somebody has shown themselves to be of worth.

You clearly didn''t admire Glenn Roeder "football ability" or were unaware of it at some stage. Yet rather than wait to see or to express your concerns in a structured way you called him names presumably based upon his looks.

As for ability and logic. Yes you have the ability and logic to see that Glenn Roeder is dignified man who is a excellent manager at this level who has done a marvellous job for this club in his short time here. Rather than a “Rat Boy”. Got to hand it to you that''s genius.

[/quote]To be honest, hardhouse, I didn''t realise calling him a "no mark" is that endearing.

my, it gets worse, you didn''t want to give him a chance...

Why. Why cut another numpty slack. Who cut us slack in out jobs.

He''s got no personality no spark no past achievements to speak of. Why

give him a chance. What do we owe him. Nothing.

[quote user="UEA Canary"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Hardhouse44"][

[/quote]

In general, yes, Ido.

But I digress........

[/quote]

Depends on your definition of recent, but I certainly know several posts before and after Glens appointment where you abused him in a rather harsh and childish manner, before even a ball was kicked.

I''ve seen the posts where you charmingly dub Roeder "Rat boy" and now you have the cheek to post that your a great admirer of him. But this isn''t the first time you''ve flip flopped your opinion you do it all the time just to suit the masses IMHO, and its as predictable as Smudger moaning [;)]

Oh and some of the proof:
http://www.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1063781/ShowPost.aspx
I love this one where you say we should sack him straight away:
http://www.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1065104/ShowPost.aspx

This one just for smudger:
http://www.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1064960/ShowPost.aspx

Oh and this one is for everyone who posted in this thread slagging Roeder off and is now kissing his ass, because lets be honest here Wiz is not the only culprit here:
http://www.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1065053/ShowPost.aspx

To be honest looking back at that time, its funny to see how many people have changed their opinions of Roeder since his arrival...
[/quote]

Thoese posts are a good example why fans should give someone a chance to show what they can do before they slag them off.

[quote user="judderman"][quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Hardhouse44"][

[/quote]

In general, yes, Ido.

But I digress........

[/quote]

[/quote]
To be honest, hardhouse, I didn''t realise calling him a "no mark" is that endearing.
[/quote]

I''ll admit I did call him a no mark. At the time he was. He wasn''t exactly in the same league a Paul Jewel who we had also been linked with.

I didn''t however make rude remark about his appearance.

My point is not to enter in to a war with Wiz or anybody. My point is/ was that I feel it is a bit no sorry very rich of Wiz of all people to judge people on the view when his a always so very harsh and so very changeable.

[quote user="Hardhouse44"]

I''ll admit I did call him a no mark. At the time he was. He wasn''t exactly in the same league a Paul Jewel who we had also been linked with.

[/quote]

This is the point of view that I just don''t understand. Surely at the time, indeed at anytime, Roeder is a league above Jewell. Remind me of Jewells clubs again?