Sign in to follow this  
First Jedi

Gilks is ready but prepared to wait

Really?

How much is a relevation is that? A 2nd goalkeeper at a football club that is not only ready... but is also prepared to wait...

Thats lucky!

In other news, he uses his nose or mouth to suck in air as a method of survival! He also apparently has TWO legs! Not one or three - but TWO!

Its not his fault, clearly a journalist asked him generic questions and he gave the generic answer.

Are you going to have a go at every footballer everytime they say the same rubbish??   It will take up a lot of your time, they all say it constantly.

What was he meant to say?   I am here to get a nice contract and chill out, and hope the guy does well so I dont have to work??

[quote user="ob1"]

Really?

How much is a relevation is that? A 2nd goalkeeper at a football club that is not only ready... but is also prepared to wait...

Thats lucky!

In other news, he uses his nose or mouth to suck in air as a method of survival! He also apparently has TWO legs! Not one or three - but TWO!

[/quote]

Why not  take a harmless article ( published because there is no real news to report) and turn it into a reason to  to moan about City. Go on, do it, just for a change.

Give me strength![:#]

[quote user="Im not mr potato head"][quote user="ob1"]

Really?

Thats lucky!

[/quote]

Why not  take a harmless article ( published because there is no real news to report) and turn it into a reason to  to moan about City. Go on, do it, just for a change.

Give me strength![:#]

[/quote]

How is that moaning about City? Where is there any mention of City, let alone criticism or moaning of said subject.... And when do I *ever* do that (since Worthy left, anyway [:)])?

Sounds like you''ve got a persecution complex or something?

Your response is strange, too, because by saying "there is no real news to report" - you''ve actually made my point for me... but then still had a go. Hmmmm....

[quote user="gissing canary"]

Its not his fault, clearly a journalist asked him generic questions and he gave the generic answer.

Are you going to have a go at every footballer everytime they say the same rubbish??   It will take up a lot of your time, they all say it constantly.[/quote]

Naaa.... I''ve Mediawatch on Football365 for that! (best page on the web) [:)]

Yeah - anyway - I was bored, hungover, possibly still drunk and at work, looking to avoid doing any. Whats your excuse? [:)]

[quote]

What was he meant to say?   I am here to get a nice contract and chill out, and hope the guy does well so I dont have to work??

[/quote]

Exactly! Cheers for agreeing!

In other news; someone posts on a message board! Using words!

I don''t think that ob1 is criticising Gilks or the club is he? The way I read it was that he is (justifiably) taking the p*ss out of Archant for running such a facile article. I may be wrong but that''s how I read it.

[quote user="macdougalls perm"]I don''t think that ob1 is criticising Gilks or the club is he? The way I read it was that he is (justifiably) taking the p*ss out of Archant for running such a facile article. I may be wrong but that''s how I read it.[/quote]

If you played in one of my all time favourite bands, that I spent much of my teenage years listening to, you''d be MY guitar hero... [:)]

But joking aside - if you explain all the simple things to them, you''ll only spoil my enjoyment of treating them with such derision when they reply...

To be fair, ob1 is giving a bit of well earnt stick to Archant, not knocking the club-at least, thats how I see it.

Archant are renowned for making stories out of nothing, the other thing they do is run exactly the same story twice by tweaking the original just a little-maybe adding a new headline and first paragraph, then just repeating the rest of the original item (eg)

DOC READY TO MAKE AMENDS VS PALACE

Norwich defender Gary Docherty goes into todays clash against Crystal Palace determined to make up for some disappointing personal performances agains them in the past.

Docherty said "I haven''t played too well against them in the past".

The big defender is enjoying his football this season.

"I''m enjoying my football this season" he said.

Docherty joined from Tottenham in the Summer of 2005 for £1 Million

(etc etc etc)

CELEBRATING GOOD START TO SEASON WITH NORWICH-DOCHERTY

The big defender is enjoying his football this season.

"I''m enjoying my football this season" he said.

Docherty joined from Tottenham in the Summer of 2005 for £1 Million.

(etc etc etc)

Archant are never going to wield the big stick and ask difficult questions or print questionable views as they are too wary of losing their access to the players and Colney. Hence things like the Gilks "interview" being treated as news.