Sign in to follow this  
HARRYPOTTER

Murray is not Mint

Watched the Reserve game at Mk last night and have to report that Murray looks like a shocking signing. Looked the poorest player on the pitch and at one time so knackered i thought he would collapse.If he gets on the bench on Saturday ahead of Jarvis or spillane something is seriously wrong at the club.

[quote user="Paul101"]its not suprising you try playing once your been of for a couple of weeks with a virus[/quote]

excuses, excuses, if worthy had signed some of these nonentities he would have been crucified, when will Grants honeymoon end.

Point taken but he was really struggling and leaving him on if he was ill seems daft. if he proves me wrong i will be delighted but i have a suspicion that he will prove a poor signing 

1st Game (Hull Away) = OK

2nd Game (Rochdale Away) = Rubbish and got taken off at half time

3rd Game (MK Dons Res Away) = Aparantly a bad signing

Will he just keep getting worse and worse!!!!

you could be right

how did rossi look in the centre of the park know from friends at work that killie wanted him to join his brother on loan

so maybe grant has some plans for him

Rossi looked ok but it was diificult as Murray was so poor there was no movement between the two. Other poor performers were Big Dave and Martin ,expected more from these boys. Generally an average performance by all against a very poor Mk side which were there for the taking.

Poor Eagle made to play left back again

I was also at the game and while I did not notice Murray that much, for me the biggest worry was Strihavka. To be perfectly honest he had a stinker. His link up play and understanding with those around him was non-existent, his passing was poor and often gave the ball away, he won very few headers and to top it all off his shooting was woeful - he hit the bar from three yards with an open goal. Its fair to say I left the game feeling pretty worried about it. Ok it''s one game but the signs weren''t too promising.

On a positive note I though Spillane had a great game while Cave-Brown and Rossi Jarvis looked solid too. Bally Smart deserves a special mention for his searing pace. He beat his marker time after time by turning and knocking the ball past him then sprinting onto it. If he can improve his final ball a bit more he will be awesome. He also hit the bar late on with a good shot.

Yet again people are going into ''Knee Jerk Reaction Mode'', and slating players without giving them any real opportunity.

Murray had not played a competitive game since 20/05/2007 until joining us, and you suddenly expect the guy to be match fit after a few days???

It was the same when Fozzy joined last season, he got totally slated because he wasn''t fully fit, yet when he''s come back this season correctly conditioned, he looked a cracking player.

Anyone who can get a regular game for Rangers in either Midfield OR Defence is clearly no mug, and being fair, he''s still only 26 so is just about the right age for a player of his nature.

I think he''s potentially an excellent signing, and the only fair way to judge this is to see how he performs when he is fully fit, and if he gets a  run of games to demonstrate his ability.

Careful Indy, the angry mob has spoken once more. Murray is rubbish and it can only be a matter of time before the very mention of his name is greeted by loud booing.

Boo Murray.

Boo Doherty.

Boo Hughes.

Boo Bentley.

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

hate to say it but i found both deals dubious, murray on free not to bad but really you would been better being a half decent young league 1 defender who plays with enthuasim, but i think this one could be good when fully fit/recovered illness

on dave striker, i said it would take him time to adapt n i got slaughtered for saying that, many foreign signings dont do that well in our league take that bangoura bloke from stoke for example, 750k lot of money on him, saying this you would have pay 2m for eastwood/dj campbell and sharp! i think you would been better of signing half decent champ striker i.e jon parkin, bothroyd webber

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]

Yet again people are going into ''Knee Jerk Reaction Mode'', and slating players without giving them any real opportunity.

Murray had not played a competitive game since 20/05/2007 until joining us, and you suddenly expect the guy to be match fit after a few days???

It was the same when Fozzy joined last season, he got totally slated because he wasn''t fully fit, yet when he''s come back this season correctly conditioned, he looked a cracking player.

Anyone who can get a regular game for Rangers in either Midfield OR Defence is clearly no mug, and being fair, he''s still only 26 so is just about the right age for a player of his nature.

I think he''s potentially an excellent signing, and the only fair way to judge this is to see how he performs when he is fully fit, and if he gets a  run of games to demonstrate his ability.

[/quote]

Far too early to judge, the main worry is his fitness, and how he has recovered from his appalling arthritic condition suffered at Rangers. I''m sure if he is fully fit his ability should be more than enough at this level.

20 decent minutes from Fozzy however doesn''t make the player.  Even the appalling Hughes had some ok games for us and he was a big pile of poop.

[quote user="we8wba"]

hate to say it but i found both deals dubious, murray on free not to bad but really you would been better being a half decent young league 1 defender who plays with enthuasim, but i think this one could be good when fully fit/recovered illness

on dave striker, i said it would take him time to adapt n i got slaughtered for saying that, many foreign signings dont do that well in our league take that bangoura bloke from stoke for example, 750k lot of money on him, saying this you would have pay 2m for eastwood/dj campbell and sharp! i think you would been better of signing half decent champ striker i.e jon parkin, bothroyd webber

[/quote]

Bothroyd!! A better player than Brown I''ll give you that but NO THANKS... 

Jon ''The Beast'' Parkin, at only 275K for this lump he would probably have been a decent buy, again better than Brown but no great shakes.

I doubt Sheffield United will let Webber go as he is a good goalscorer at this level..

I thought Bangoura did well at Stoke, before deciding he was too big for the club.

http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=22206

[quote user="Shack Attack"]

Careful Indy, the angry mob has spoken once more. Murray is rubbish and it can only be a matter of time before the very mention of his name is greeted by loud booing.

Boo Murray.

Boo Doherty.

Boo Hughes.

Boo Bentley.

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

[/quote]

Great post Shack. Sums up my feelings exactly.

Baaaaaaaaabooooooobaaaaaaaaa

So Murray is a bit off the pace at the moment. He has yet to reach a decent fitness level.

I know we have to give him time and reserve matches to get up to match fitness. But give him a chance, he didn''t become a bad player when he climbed over Hadrians Wall to come south to us.

He has International and Champions League experience. How many others in our squad have that?

Is it not a worry so many of our signings are unfit, as a pro should you not do your best to keep your fitness, if you listen to Owen there is no such thing as match fit, you are either fit or not.

These boys may or may not turn out alright, anyones guess, my biggest worry is we seem to play them regardless, no competition for places as per normal is the key. A couple of injuries & it''s bare bones..