Sign in to follow this  
Archie

daily star:Norwich are lining up a £150,000 bid for versatile Hibernian star Scott Brown

who is he,what does he do,is he any good???
i thought we were goingo to go for the riordan guy

All I could find on the guy was that he is 20, is 5'' 9", and is a striker/midfielder that shows promise. Scotland U21 International, but don''t think he''s played a lot of first team games for Hibs. Even my mates in Scotland didn''t seem to know anything about him!

The Daily Sport writes more truth than that rag Archie, you should know better mate. There''s only one reason to buy the Star, and it''s not for the words.

The only Scott Brown I''ve ever heard of is the DJ.

Sky SPorts page reporting this too. Supposed to have put in some good performances for U21''s. Other team linked is Plymouth. Doesn''t seem that he would add a great deal to what we''ve got up front but who knows if it''s true then I think we have all learnt to put our trust in NW.

I think if Plymouth are interested there might be something in it - after all, Plymouth boss moved there after being Hibs boss........

And, who had heard of Gary Holt before we signed him? If we can get him for that sort of money, go ahead and do it, is what I say.

Where did all this originate because I cannot find it anywhere, I smell the work of a Binner here.....

[quote user="Scotty"]Sky SPorts page reporting this too. Supposed to have put in some good performances for U21''s. Other team linked is Plymouth. Doesn''t seem that he would add a great deal to what we''ve got up front but who knows if it''s true then I think we have all learnt to put our trust in NW.[/quote]What? In January, he wouldn''t add a great deal to....LupoliKoromaCureton (loan, Barnsley)RentonRussell

If that''s true, no point signing him.

Do we  never learn?

Scotland may be a cheap hunting ground- but that is because it is largely of a standard similar to league 1. Players who shine in Scotland- Murray, Brellier, Lappin..etc tend to be dire in England- or at best average. The only exception is Rangers and Celtic but then you pay similar fees to Champ- ie Marshall.

However cash strapped we are- buying on the cheap and gambling on unproven scots players is not the answer IMO

[quote user="Salahuddin"]

Where did all this originate because I cannot find it anywhere, I smell the work of a Binner here.....

[/quote]

You might be right, "archie" says he read it on the BBC Sports site, just been there and no mention of it in the "gossip" page.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]bloody hell we missed a trick here!
[/quote]

I really think idiots that do this should be banned.

[/quote]

Well I have just looked in the BBC, SKY, DAILY STAR, AND OUR WEB PAGE, and found, nothing, how did you know I was going to say that, As said befor people coming on here and giveing outa load of tripe   

[quote user="Temp the Revelator"]

Please everyone, check the date of the OP.........

and yes, we did miss a trick.

[/quote]

Thanks for pointing that out.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]Save the cash and play our youngsters![:@][/quote]Somehow, four years on, I don''t think we''re going to get him for £150k.

yeah, i was just remenicing over players linkrd with us when we were promoted n this came up earlier on. I now realise he''s a damn good player. Wonder if he''d have been quite so good if he''d joined us, maybe he''d be better?