Sign in to follow this  
sdldjl

Worthingtons keeping positive!!

Just seen on sky that nige worthington is pleased with the positives after last nights defeat and was delighted with the response after saturdays defeat!! same manager different team losing!! least Grant says when the team are useless! Northern Ireland lost 2 games in 5 days and all but ended there qualification hopes which looked so good when lawrie sanchez left and worthington is pleased with the positves! classic!!

Maybe it was easy for Sanchez to leave on a high note ... with all difficult away matches coming up ... and every away match is difficult for Northern Ireland .....Letland played in the EC 2004 in Portugal .... and didn''t win Iceland 0 - 3 at Windsor Park earlier with Mr. Sanches at the helm ..... and Iceland also held Spain to a 1-1 draw on saturday ..... and what can Nigel do about an own goal in injury time .... not much ... can he ?

It''s not good to lose those two games but I doubt if it''s Nigels influence ....but yes they lost two games they should have won or drawn to have a good chance to qualify ... now they need to win in Sweden .... do a Scotland v France !

Better to slag your players in public like Grant then. I aint no worthy lover even though he will prove better than Grant imo, but all this nit picking at every thing the guy says is ridiculous. In case some of you aint noticed he left last season, start worrying about the job Grant is doing, which considering where we are with HIS team aint too good of a job.

I really don''t understand where all the hatred towards Nigel Worthington comes from. Fair enough, he probably stayed too long and things went sour in the end (as they do for 90% of football managers eventually, remember) but he gave us our first piece silverwear since 1985, took us to a Play-Off Final and up until our departure from the Premiership, treated us to the most entertaining football at Carrow Road since the early 90''s. Plus, he left us in a position with assets to sell - Earnshaw, Etuhu, Safri... which is more than what we had when he took over. It''s not his fault the Board replaced them with freebies.

I agree with Ricky in that Grant has a long way to go if he is going to emulate what Worthy did at our club. It should be remembered that only 3 managers in our history have ever won this league and only one has taken us to the play offs. I hope Grant betters that but he will be a hero if he manages to equal the success that Worthy had at our club.

Almost two weeks have passed since Cardiff ... well what has happened at Carrow Road ... not much ... PG is frustrated ... he can''t find a coach ....  Nigel an option ? .... no training behind close doors ... pfffff  ... and the Reserves have won ...  just at Milton Keynes .. so no need to complain about stronger opposition for the Reserves PG ... and last season we had no Reserves ... only a youth team ... and we lost v Northampton, v Southend, v Colchester, v Luton  and MK Dons.

And we drew v Northampton, Colchester, Leyton Orient and yes Stevenage .....

Bally Smart has gone on loan and ... hmmm ... but not one new player ... our squad is getting smaller every week ... day by day .... match by match ...

But Fitz Hall wants to become the new Ian Murray ...

Oh PG is still in the hunt for Lucien Mettomo ... if he ever becomes fit .... but we always sign players who are not fit ... confusing !

And Drury and Lappin are training at Colney how to close down your opponent ... and don''t give him so much space ... that he can dribble .. deliver ....head .. .. shoot ... or score freely .

They both let Sinclair deliver an easy cross which Dublin deflected ..... but not your fault Dion ... don''t take all the blame on you !

right n.ireland although probably out are still only 3pts of top two sides, which at end of day is possible, although unlikely for them!

he isnt going to come out n say "we were crap and blown it all" although he may feel this

theyre are times to say your utter cack n times to say theres still hope

[quote user="ridgeman"]We know Worthington left last season but look at the mess he left you can''t turn that around overnight.[/quote]

Over nights it nearly a year, be nice to see an improvement, where are we 20th, overnight, Grants in a coma. 

I really don''t see why we shouldn''t have a little giggle at Nigel Worthington''s expense just because Peter Grant has yet to acheive what NW did here.

It''s just a bit of fun, lighten up Ricky.

Looks like NW is back to his old tricks

posted 7 Hours Ago

Nigel Worthington do the

honourable thing and step down.....looks like we were back playing for

Sammy Mac or Big Lawrie McMenemey again!! He is totally to blame for

last night''s shambles and Saturday''s mess!!....what was he thinking

about when selecting his defence....Where was Stephen Craigan (the

established partner of Aaron Hughes under Lawrie!)??.....Chris Baird is

no centre back....HE''S A RIGHT BACK!!.....Jonny Evans....HE''S A LEFT

BACK.....not a right back...McCartney IS A CENTRE BACK!!.....not a left

back....Michael Duff....Hello??..you have got to be joking...HE''S NO

CENTRE BACK AND NOT EVEN A GOOD FULL BACK!!......and on a wet windy

night against a dodgy defence and a dodgy keeper.....Where was the Big

Lad....perfect for that night?? Under Lawrie we would have gone and

made sure we came back with two draws at worst!!.....like we did in

Denmark!!....For goodness sake Lichenstein even beat Latvia!!.......but

to lose to Iceland twice....Come on Nigel.......time to go back to

Norwich!!....We have been playing football lately....not the old long

ball game!!....and we have proved we can play it!!.....TIME TO GO!!!!

However, Worthington must take the majority of the blame himself. He is

basically a Championship standard manager who has us now playing like a

Championship team. We didn''t play the long ball football that we are

doing now and surely this must be something that Worthington has

introduced. We looked like Norwich!!

I can''t believe Nigel Worthighton''s team selection, choice of substite

etc. he is clearly out of his depth. He broke up a solid defence that

Sanchez had moulded, dropping craigan who never put a foot wrong all

campaign is mind boggling, fair enough Hughes was injured which

explains Baird in defence, but George McCartney?? Why bring him back

when Johnny Evans looked so comfortble in that postition, then you

shift Evans to left back!! I didn''t see the match last night as I don''t

have sky but I''m referring to the Latvia match here. I couldn''t believe

it when we needed a goal on saturday that he took of Kyle Lafferty and

put on Feeney, then he brings on Brunt who should have been playing

from the start as he is the best crosser we have. But why bring on a

man who can get a decent cross in and take off the big man in the

middle to get on the end of it.

[quote user="ridgeman"]We know Worthington left last season but look at the mess he left you can''t turn that around overnight.[/quote]

I really don''t think Nigel left the club in that much of a mess. Football clubs have been left in much worse states than what Nigel left Norwich in.

You have to smile at that, sounds very similar, and of course the players brawling amongst themseleves also sounds familiar!!. And I have t laugh when posters say Lawrie Snachez left with the difficult games to come, both recent defeats were to teams below NI in the table and they managed a draw in Denmark which I would suggest was a harder game than either Iceland or Latvia.

[quote user="GJP"]

I really don''t think Nigel left the club in that much of a mess. Football clubs have been left in much worse states than what Nigel left Norwich in.

[/quote]

true to a certaion extent, he just left the club as a lower mid table championship side, the same as when he took over, despite having spending more funds than any city manager in the last 12 years, and an appalling atmosphere in the ground and around the club due to the incompetance of those in charge not removing this simpleton sooner.

For the record I don''t think Grant will even come close to acheiving what Worthington did, and beleive he will be out of a job, if not this season, early next in a similarly bad timed move by our incompetant and idiotic board.