Sign in to follow this  
colneycanary

Should the pink'un change its name?

I know the name The Pink''un goes back quite a few years and that its been reporting all about norwich city and other local team news for some time now. I also know it used to be printed on pink paper, thats how it got its name but is there any other reason to keep this name?  I just think its a very strange name to be associated with a club thats plays in yellow and green. Maybe it should be changed to The Green and Yellow''s or maybe Yellow Fever!   

It''s not strictly a NCFC paper, but a Norfolk one, and despite whenever i show my m8''s it, i get flak, i don''t think it can be changed without losing some sort of respectability and Integrity.

my thoughts are no, basically the odd one or two may suggest name change etc... but the majority of the people like the current name and would disagree with the suggestion of a new name

i think the pink un is good, its regular name up n down the country and no one else worries about it! i dont think the yellow n green un has the same ring to it do you?

I do get some strange looks from colleagues at work if they happen to come into my office and notice ''the pink''un'' on my screen.  I''m sure they think it''s some gay chat site...

I think its a yes from me - change the name to "The Norfolk ''n Good"

:P

You''re not the author of the book "Norfolk''n''good" Are you? It was a fantastic read about the best ever season (1992/3) if you are!

The pink''un should never ever change it''s name by the way.

Tumbleweed wrote

I think it should be changed to The Whitepaperwithblacktypeandsomenicecolourpictures''Un

Trouble is the paper would have to be 4 feet across to get the heading on !!

If this is all you have to worry about then I think you need to rethink life. Why change just for change sake. The Pink''un has been sent all over the world, including to myself.  I ask the question should we change from yellow and green as green is meant to be an unlucky colour.

1.Why is green unlucky - the old Aga Khans racing colours were mostly green and he wsn''t unlucky. 2. Change nothing

[quote user="on the road again"]If this is all you have to worry about then I think you need to rethink life. Why change just for change sake. The Pink''un has been sent all over the world, including to myself.  I ask the question should we change from yellow and green as green is meant to be an unlucky colour.[/quote]

Agreed, Green is a bad colour to play in as its the same colour as the Grass!

Ask Rep Of Ireland National  Team, And Northern Ireland, Worthington will blame the green kit when someone points it out to him, and look at our old Lotus Green kit, It looked class wearing it out on the street, but how many games did we win wearing it?

[quote user="on the road again"]If this is all you have to worry about then I think you need to rethink life. Why change just for change sake. The Pink''un has been sent all over the world, including to myself.  I ask the question should we change from yellow and green as green is meant to be an unlucky colour.[/quote]

You are not understanding my point. I used to live in america and used to get my family to send the pink''un over. Not that i was bothered about it, and i would laugh about it too, but my friends at the time used to joke about its name the "pink''un" and our nickname "the canaries".   They all used to say how gay it sounded, and thought i supported a gay soccer team. Its ok for the people who live in norfolk because everyone has heard of it, but outside of norfolk no-one would associate a paper called the pink''un with news on norwich and local sports news.