Sign in to follow this  
SYG

we will be ok!

ok, so we didnt play our best today, but we still won and got 3 points, which at the end of the day is the main thing right??

its was good to see dave get his first goal for us and even tho he was only on for a short time, u could see he has that little bit of class we may of been missing, so heres to a hat full of more goals for him this season!

plus we still have fozzy to comeback and he looked awesome before he got injured, and also jimmy smith will be back soon!

all we need is a new center half, i no thats easier said than done but surley there must be a player out there that will do a job for us???

so i reckon when the injured players are fully fit and dave and couro have formed a good partnership we shjould be pushing for the play-pffs this season!

anyone agree???

I admire your positivity, but i''m afraid a 1-0 win over by all accounts a mdeiocre Palce isnt no amazing achievement. Unfortunately, i havent seen much this season despite having my season ticket still!, but what i''ve heard it hasnt filled me with optomism.

We lack creativity in midfield, and despite a clean sheet today we never look solid defensvely away and against good teams. Doherty worries me (how did he do today?) and i think we are 2 if not 3 players away from challenging - a new centre back, creativity in midfield (Smith could do it) and maybe one light up front.

I hope you are right though.

WE (...WELL, [|-)]YOU...) ONLY SING WHEN WE''RE WINNING !!!

There''s some on here that whinge about the team...

...I think they''re of better QUALITY than the fairweather , shy shrinking violet , SILENT ''fans''

(just my two-penneth.)

BUT WE DO,

ON THE WHOLE,

ONLY SING WHEN WE''RE WINNING. [N]

Our centre backs dominated the game today and either was man of the match for me.  The midfield now seems even more of a mish-mash than it ever was under worthy, and thats saying something,  despite having better players and options.

For me we seem a team without a blueprint 

What today showed with it''s all effort low tech football is just how similar Palace are to most teams in this league.

It is a poor league with little to choose between most sides.

Awful game but I was happy to take result over performance.

Too right, Carrow Rd was like a morgue at times (apart from the Palace fans which was even more depressing!) Maybe its because of the football being played, maybe its because of fans looking to criticise rather thn support or maybe there are too many fairweather fans turning up when the goings good. Whatever it is we really need to get some of the atmosphere back. It was embarrassing at times today!

Football wise I reckon we''re pretty close to a good team. We''ve played 5 games and we could have won all of them (bar Preston by the sounds of it) and without playing well (and without Smith & Fozzy). When we do play well (Cardiff 1st half) we seem to be a different class than most of the league. Only question is if Grant can get us playing like that for most of the season.

Oh and well done Dave Striker!

[quote user="BigPhil"]

Too right, Carrow Rd was like a morgue at times (apart from the Palace fans which was even more depressing!) Maybe its because of the football being played, maybe its because of fans looking to criticise rather thn support or maybe there are too many fairweather fans turning up when the goings good. Whatever it is we really need to get some of the atmosphere back. It was embarrassing at times today!

Football wise I reckon we''re pretty close to a good team. We''ve played 5 games and we could have won all of them (bar Preston by the sounds of it) and without playing well (and without Smith & Fozzy). When we do play well (Cardiff 1st half) we seem to be a different class than most of the league. Only question is if Grant can get us playing like that for most of the season.

Oh and well done Dave Striker!

[/quote]

Fraid they''ll have to grind out a half a dozen or so results to get the 24,200+ crowd going.

You see, in my view, apart from having generally lost confidence in the club after 3 pretty grim years, many of the prisoners on seasonticketseats (not all of you, before you start up again) are more than a little resentful about having to turn up to watch dire football whilst we are still in the bottom half.

OTBC