Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

When Hucks retires....

We should retire the number 6 shirt in acknowledgement of how much Darren  ''norwich city legend'' Huckerby has done for this club. I have only been supporting norwich city since 2002 so  i dont know about any other players before that time. Hucks almost single handedly got us promotion, almost kept us up, remained commited to us at troublesome times and has been a really exciting player. The carrow road faithful and norwich city fans have fallen in love with him over the 4 or so years hes been here. Im sure he is the one player that ALL norwich city fans would play before choosing the rest of the team. There will be those of you who disagree with me however i think he deserves this.  Darren Huckerby is a legend and we must never forget this, itll be a sad day indeed (for me anyway) when this fantastic footballer retires.

[quote user="C.T"]

We should retire the number 6 shirt in acknowledgement of how much Darren  ''norwich city legend'' Huckerby has done for this club. I have only been supporting norwich city since 2002 so  i dont know about any other players before that time. Hucks almost single handedly got us promotion, almost kept us up, remained commited to us at troublesome times and has been a really exciting player. The carrow road faithful and norwich city fans have fallen in love with him over the 4 or so years hes been here. Im sure he is the one player that ALL norwich city fans would play before choosing the rest of the team. There will be those of you who disagree with me however i think he deserves this.  Darren Huckerby is a legend and we must never forget this, itll be a sad day indeed (for me anyway) when this fantastic footballer retires.

[/quote]could not agree more, have supported city since the early 90''s and the legend that is huckerby is honestly the most amazingly inspiring player to ever play for us iwan legend, bellamy legend, sutton legend etc etc but huckerby is a different class he is to norwich what shearer was to newcastle

[quote user="C.T"]

[/quote]

Hucks is a legend! I agree with you we should retire the shirt when he retires!

[quote user="ob1"]Retiring shirts is silly...[/quote]

I can see why Sevilla retired the number for Antonio Puerta, but in most other circumstances it''s over the top

With no disrespect for my favourite player for norwich over the last few years:

Maldini - Yes

Puerta - Yes

Maradona - Yes

Pele - Yes

Zidane - Yes

Shearer - Yes

I''d even put Le Tissier''s Southampton Number into the "yes" category, as he kept them in the premiership for about 10 years almost single-handedly, and showed rediculous loyalty.

Huckerby - No

Sorry Folks, unless he gets us promoted this year and keeps us up next year/ or wins us a cup trophy

somone asked Andy cullen abou this when Iwan left.. h said as long as theres a number theres a nother shirt to be sold! so it wont happen!

jas :)

when hucks retires the omly thing we will be doing is preparing to play in league 1! unless  things change quickly

One bald fact is that Hucks is only one of several City ''legends''. Another bald fact is that Hucks is also only one of  a long list of ''great entertainers'' to turn out for City

And a further bald fact is that there will certainly be a lot more money available in the wages budget after he retires.

[:-*]

OTBC

Can''t agree with this. For the Sevilla player, or the equally tragic QPR striker who was killed recently ( i believe man utd have a retired number as well) then i support it.But not for a player who was ''just'' good for the club  

Personally when Hucks retires he will go grey, get a free bus pass, and might need a stick or 2.. he will also take to wearing Tweed and saying "in my day Sonny..." to every one he meets....

jas :)

I think retiring shirts is a ridiculous idea. So many greats over the years would have deserved the honour at least as much as Hucks. The goalkeepers shirt should have gone with Kevin Keelan, the centre half shirt with Barry Butler, there could porobably be a case made for all the shirts over the last 50 years. Recognising City Legends is surely what the Hall of Fame is for.

Another thing to think about is the youngsters today whose dream it is to wear the No.6 shirt for Norwich because of Hucks. Just like years ago we dreamed of wearing the No.1 shirt because of Keelan. Maybe for one youngster, in years to come, that dream will come true.

[quote user="yoda"]dont be ridiculous .[/quote] What he said.

[quote user="C.T"] Im sure he is the one player that ALL norwich city fans would play before choosing the rest of the team. [/quote] Simply put - no. All Norwich fans would not choose Hucks over the rest. Don''t get me wrong, he''s a good player but we have had so many better players, those that have been exciting and good for the team consistantly at the top level - Hucks hasn''t done that, one season ending in relegation at the top level is not even close.

When Hucks retires .................. I''ll be very sad but life goes on and players come and go................... I think we should do something special for his last game but not retire his No6 shirt.

[quote user="cityangel"]When Hucks retires .................. I''ll be very sad but life goes on and players come and go................... I think we should do something special for his last game but not retire his No6 shirt.[/quote]

Agree with CA on this one, I will miss the guy so much. What an amazing player. Hopefully Bally Smart migh soften the blow. Here''s hoping

[quote user="ipswichrscum"]no way, if we did that soon enough every number would be gone, its stupid.[/quote]

Wow how many good players do you think we have?

He has a contract to the end of this season and has said he''ll review his situation then. But he has dropped several hints that this could be his last as he doesnt want to play when he''s lost some of his pace and he doesnt want to finish his career at any other club.

So lets bank on this being his last and anything extra will be a bonus [:D]

Maybe we could present him with a small trophy from all us pinkun posters and get someone who loves him to present it to him at his last game [:D]

[quote user="cityangel"]

He has a contract to the end of this season and has said he''ll review his situation then. But he has dropped several hints that this could be his last as he doesnt want to play when he''s lost some of his pace and he doesnt want to finish his career at any other club.

Maybe we could present him with a small trophy from all us pinkun posters and get someone who loves him to present it to him at his last game [:D]

[/quote]

Jesus christ! Hes a damn fine player love but hes only been here 4 years! Hardly merits the status you are trying to give him. Bar the promotion season hes been part of an under performing club. Players come and go-its life darling.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Jesus christ! Hes a damn fine player love but hes only been here 4 years! Hardly merits the status you are trying to give him. Bar the promotion season hes been part of an under performing club. Players come and go-its life darling.

[/quote]

Who exactly made you moderator - I hardly think CA''s comments are OTT.  

Dear oh dear Mcdumbles perm. Oh i forgot, your in charge round here! As its been pointed out to me by YOU and others on numerous occasions everyone has the right to what they want to say. Mine is a reaction to city angels comments, yours is another kiddie attempt to make me out to be the one in the wrong. Take your head out of your ar#e mate!

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

why stick your snout in?

[/quote]

So, ''Arf Wit, one post of your posts proclaims the right to freedom of speech then this in the very next post - you should try to keep it consistent, it makes it so much more convincing to the reader :)