Sign in to follow this  
Matt Morriss

Luke Chadwick

Yesterday was Luke Chadwicks last chance to impress me, not that he has to, but i havent been impressed from day one and after yesterday im convinced he just isnt good enough for this football club.He was no better than Hughes yesterday, works hard runs alot but no end product. How many quality crosses did he put in? 0 thats how many. Otsemebor was more of an attacking threat than Chadwick was. He cuts in too much, and always always just runs at players, runs into trouble and loses the ball. Every time he looks to cut in, finds himself with 3 players around him and then loses possession.Too many times yesterday his passes went to a Palace player. He does work hard, tracks back well and runs alot, but so did Hughes, we need more from our right winger. When we have Lee Croft on the bench, who looked like Ronaldo in the 2nd half against Southampton, why are we playing donkeys like Chadwick?He''s been here long enough now, he''s fit and I think we have seen the best of him, theres nothing more to come, and i think yesterday is all he has to offer, and its way short of what i want from the right wing berth.He infuriates me with his constant cutting in, running into trouble and losing possession. And too many times he ran forward only to stop and not take on his last man. There was one moment when he beat his man, but then his cross was woeful.There was also a moment when we were breaking away, in the 2nd half, Chadwick had it, was sprinting away with it, then a Palace player just came up behind him, ran across him and effortlessly nicked the ball away, and Palace were back on the front foot. This was shocking.Ive really had enough of Chadwick, doesnt help that im a big fan of Croft, but ive given him a chance and for me he''s no better than Hughes, runs a lot, works hard but simply not good enough. Doesnt put in crosses, rarely beats his man, gives the ball away a lot, doesnt score. Why is he in the team?Im probably being biased cause i really dont like him, he doesnt impress me at all, so please remind me if i have forgotten anything good he did yesterday.Interested in your opinions on Chadwick so lets hear it, Croft or Chadwick?

i think chadwick is not that great either. a real winger goes on the outside but too often he cuts in and stands still. for a so called winger he is extremely slow also.  i would much rather have croft in the side as he is a good old fashioned winger who takes people on, on the outside. his crossing may not be great but at least he runs at people.

[quote user="baldyboy"]i think chadwick is not that great either. a real winger goes on the outside but too often he cuts in and stands still. for a so called winger he is extremely slow also.  i would much rather have croft in the side as he is a good old fashioned winger who takes people on, on the outside. his crossing may not be great but at least he runs at people.[/quote]

In my day crossing was supposed to be the wingers strongest point, how times change.

Chadwick seemed very slow and sluggish yesterday - and Croft certainly looked more lively when he came on. Mind you, having said that, Chadwick has had his hair cut and looks a little less uncomfortable in his own skin than he used to - now all he needs to do is wear a short sleeved shirt instead of a long-sleeved shirt with rolled up sleeves.

its a shame we cant get a gud rite back in so we cud push semmy to rite mid, his pace wud be a real threat goin 4ward, which none off our wingers seem to have at the moment.

Have to agree unfortunately. Although Chadwick looks skillfull theirs no end product. Needs to start producing at some point this seasno or he will soon strat drifting down the pro game!

Croft has really looked the part this season, most of last seaon he looked quite slow after his injury at Stoke, but before that he was a little rocket I think. Speedy Jon an him could really be a right side force this year with their speed. Chadwick is really terribly slow 

[quote user="the mitre"]its a shame we cant get a gud rite back in so we cud push semmy to rite mid, his pace wud be a real threat goin 4ward, which none off our wingers seem to have at the moment.[/quote]Agree about Otsemobor. Still can''t quite understand why someone who looks so dangerous, comofortable, skillful and fast going forward would want to be playing at the back. If we had a decent right back then maybe there''d be an option to have him on the wing

No end product?!?! - He produced a couple of potentially match winning passes that got the super fast Ost in behind the defence and with which our strikers should have done better. Not spectacular I''ll agree but brilliantly weighted and fooled the crowd and Palace defence equally.   

I don''t think he''s that bad, just he cuts inside too much (not good for a winger). I think he''d be better suited in central midfield as he doesn''t look like a natural winger. The irony is he stayed out wide in the second half and played quite well but was substituted.

Would rather have Croft there as he has a good understanding with Otsemobor and they''re both a real handful down the right-hand side.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]

I don''t think he''s that bad, just he cuts inside too much (not good for a winger). I think he''d be better suited in central midfield as he doesn''t look like a natural winger. The irony is he stayed out wide in the second half and played quite well but was substituted.

Would rather have Croft there as he has a good understanding with Otsemobor and they''re both a real handful down the right-hand side.

[/quote]

This was all he did in 90 mins and was vastly outdone by all the bad

things he did...like losing the ball, passing to Palace players and not

delivering 1 quality cross in the entire game..

I think the point you are missing is that Chadwick is not a proper right-sided midfielder - he looks comfortable and plays better in the hole - bit like McVeigh.  The other issue is that lardyboy Croft cannot manage 90 minutes.  I think a mix of the two during a game is our best option depending on the opposition - Croft for going at them and Chadwick used when we need someone to use his brain a bit more and pass it.

I am concerned people keep going on about Otsemobor being moved up to right midfield.  We are coping with wingers due to him and Drury (only just but better than last season) so why move the guy?  Are you all Worthington in disguise?

I think he had a poor game Saturday, He has good and bad points to his game, his fitness and strength are appalling and he is brushed off the ball far too easily, he can have a decent pass on him but seems so slow...

He cuts inside a lot and hangs around the opposition area so im sure he will score a couple.  Decidedly average at this level, so he is a useful squad member IMO

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

I think he had a poor game Saturday, He has good and bad points to his game, his fitness and strength are appalling and he is brushed off the ball far too easily, he can have a decent pass on him but seems so slow...

He cuts inside a lot and hangs around the opposition area so im sure he will score a couple.  Decidedly average at this level, so he is a useful squad member IMO

[/quote]

So basically he is rubbish but he is good enough to be part of the squad along with alot of the other rubbish we have to put up with do to our lack of ambition.

Just seen the highlights on Virgin Media Site, the winger featured on them is it croft or Chadders cos to me he seems to be making some blinding runs?

[quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

[/quote]

So basically he is rubbish but he is good enough to be part of the squad along with alot of the other rubbish we have to put up with do to our lack of ambition.

[/quote]

not really, he has many good aspects to his game.  A good squad player.

[quote user="Mr Whiz"]Just seen the highlights on Virgin Media Site, the winger featured on them is it croft or Chadders cos to me he seems to be making some blinding runs?[/quote]Its Otsemobor.

[quote user="7rew"][quote user="Mr Whiz"]Just seen the highlights on Virgin Media Site, the winger featured on them is it croft or Chadders cos to me he seems to be making some blinding runs?[/quote]

Its Otsemobor.
[/quote]

I''ve just been watching those highlights too. The commentator repeatedly refers to Ostemathingy as Lawrence for some reason. Still, i suppose Lawrence is easier to say (and spell, lol) Must say he did look very effective as a right winger tho.

Wouldn''t mind so much chadwick to play away from home where he can be quite good defensively whereas croft isn''t so hot. But at home and for big games croft has to start, he is a better player and a biger threat.

[quote user="canarygeorge"]

[quote user="7rew"][quote user="Mr Whiz"]Just seen the highlights on Virgin Media Site, the winger featured on them is it croft or Chadders cos to me he seems to be making some blinding runs?[/quote]

Its Otsemobor.
[/quote]

I''ve just been watching those highlights too. The commentator repeatedly refers to Ostemathingy as Lawrence for some reason. Still, i suppose Lawrence is easier to say (and spell, lol) Must say he did look very effective as a right winger tho.

[/quote]

It''s Chadwick putting Semmy through twice though. Both times should have resulted in goals.

It''s not that Chadwick''s failing to contribute ANYTHING to the game. Debate is free on the bits inbetween.

Lightweight,unfit,slow,keeps the ball to long,can''t beat a man on the outside,can''t cross how he is in the team ahead of croft is a joke,least he has got rid of his little boy haircut