Sign in to follow this  
O.T.B.C

Dublin V Dave Striker

Did anybody see at a corner shortly after Dave came on defending a corner, he was standing about 5 yards of the front post when the corner waws coming in from the left (Barclay End), the crowd were shouting at Dave to get on the front post and so was some of the team, Dubs comes runnig over and just about picks Dave up and tells him to stand there, Dave looks a bit puzzled but Dubs tells him in no uncetain terms what he should be doing. Quite funny and effective, you can imagine Dubs picking up Curo under his arms and carrying him to a post.

Its almost as funny as the Gorilla in the Cadburys Dairy milk advert doing a Gennesis song, still makes me chuckle.

I did see that and have a chortle;  which I nearly choked on when Dave attempted a rugby tackle on the bloke attacking the ball as the cross came in,  rather than try and win the ball. 

Makes you wonder doesn''t it. I mean, obviously strikers defending is not something he''s used to in his home league, but at the end of the day, if he''s technically good with the ball, it shouldn''t matter.Imagine you''re up front Dave and looking to score, only this time head or kick it in the opposite direction!!

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]I did see that and have a chortle;  which I nearly choked on when Dave attempted a rugby tackle on the bloke attacking the ball as the cross came in,  rather than try and win the ball. [/quote]yeah, it was a two armed shove that sent their player flying through the air - thankfully, the ref chose to ignore it/didn''t see.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]I did see that and have a chortle;  which I nearly choked on when Dave attempted a rugby tackle on the bloke attacking the ball as the cross came in,  rather than try and win the ball. [/quote]

That''ll be bit Docs been teaching him then. 

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]I did see that and have a chortle;  which I nearly choked on when Dave attempted a rugby tackle on the bloke attacking the ball as the cross came in,  rather than try and win the ball. [/quote]

take it u didnt see Dion shove Freedman in the back just a few minutes before when the ball was whipped in from another Corner.. he sent him sprawling almost...

jas :)