Sign in to follow this  
Hardhouse44

Palace game is massive for our club.

[quote user="Vegetushorribleglove"]

I think Palace will turn us over...they are a big powerfull team (not Vegetarians)and the likes of Scowcroft is sure to bang in a couple.

Its going to be a long cold winter without centrebacks and forwards who don''t want to play.

[/quote]

Don''t know what this guy is talking about here, what does it matter if are players are veggies, but am not sure none of our players have that much morlas to be one!! But what I do know as a fact the person who posted this message is a Ipshit fan!!

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]Thats why they consistantly beat us, with irritating regularity, and finish above us in the league. To the eternal shame of the board, management and players of Norwich city football club.[/quote]

2002 - 03 : Norwich 8th, Ipswich 7th

Ipswich 1 - 1 Norwich
Norwich 0 - 2 Ipswich

2003 - 04 : Norwich 1st, Ipswich 5th

Ipswich 0 - 2 Norwich
Norwich 3 - 1 Ipswich

2004 - 5 : Norwich 18th (Prem), Ipswich 3rd (champs)

2005 - 06 :  Norwich 9th, Ipswich 15th.

Ipswich 0 - 1 Norwich
Norwich 1 - 2 Ipswich

2006 - 07 : Norwich 16th, Ipswich 14th

Ipswich 3 - 1 Norwich
Norwich 1 - 1 Ipswich

Over the last 5 years you could argue it''s 2-2 on league position.  But I''d call it 3-2.  On matches, I make it 3-3.  Doesn''t sound like they consistently beat us though.

Fair enough point, even makes me feel a little better about things. But the plain fact is that since relegation our displays against them have been appalling, even the home draw last season, the most recent match up, felt like a defeat. The ''performance'' at Portman road was too nauseating to contemplate, and was, as i said a disgrace and an insult to all supporters of the club. Surely no-one can disagree with that. It gives one no pleasure at all to admit that ipswich, depsite their well publicised problems, can cobble together a cohesive, well organised, solid unit, easily capable of keeping its head well above water, and we, quite simply, can not.  
[/quote]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="charlies dad"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Hardhouse44"]

You ask a question If Ipswich can beat Palace at home why can''t we. Here''s something that may never have dawned on the blinkered brigade. They are better than us that''s why!

[/quote]

[8]

But I see your true colors
shining through
I see your true colors
and that''s why you''re a blue 
so don''t be afraid to let them show
your true colors
true colors are beautiful
when they''re yellow [;)]

[/quote]As painful as it might be, the plain fact is ipsich are better than us, in every repsect other than one - support. Thats why they consistantly beat us, with irritating regularity, and finish above us in the league. To the eternal shame of the board, management and players of Norwich city football club.[/quote]

Oh look.. they''re queueing up now [:|]

Charlies Dad - In the last 12 games against that lot from down the road we have lost 3, that is not irritating regularity. They have finished above us in the league only once in the last 4 seasons so that is hardly consistently finishing above us. Of course back in the 70''s and 80''s they did quite often finish above us but I never felt it was to the eternal shame of the board, management and players of Norwich City Football Club.

HH44 - So through your crystal clear but slightly tinted with the brown stuff vision express spectacles do you see us being as good as Sheffield United based on current league position, and better than Coventry based on last seasons league position and better than Birmingham because we did them twice last season?[:^)]

CJF - You got so carried away with making a case for your boys in blue that you remembered them doing better than they actually did [:#] Has that ever happened when you post about the boys in yellow? [:^)]

I try not to hurl out childish insults on this board, like calling posters binners if they don''t agree with me. But when they make up stuff about that lot from down the road and use it a a stick to beat our beloved Canaries what is a guy supposed to think?

Oh, and, Bly - I already stated that I am proud of my goggles[8-|] so surely even you have worked out that I would not be insulted by you drawing attention to them [:P]

[/quote] OK Nutty N. 3 in 12 sounds much nicer... 2 defeats and a draw in 3 sounds like monotonous regularity to me. In fact one defeat to them, is too regular for my liking, but i digress. I too, remember the seventies - when, thanks to a very good manager, they consistently beat us, with a team containing 10 internationals, against John bonds newly established top flight side. The situation is different now, and our neighbours are no longer one of the top five sides in the country.    

Going back to the original point of the thread.........

I''m with you Hardhouse, this could very well be a pivitol game as far as this season goes. If we lose and go into two tough away games with our moral low then we could be looking at a very poor start to the season. Three more defeats will probably leave us in the relegation zone.

On the other hand if we win and with the resulting confidence follow that win a couple of positive results we could be set up for a good run. I''m not the only one who thinks that getting off to a good start is vital and can set the basis for the whole year.

I know Sunderland (and to a lesser extent Cardiff) showed last year that early results can be turned round but to be honest thats quite unusual.

[quote user="charlies dad"]

OK Nutty N. 3 in 12 sounds much nicer... 2 defeats and a draw in 3 sounds like monotonous regularity to me. In fact one defeat to them, is too regular for my liking, but i digress. I too, remember the seventies - when, thanks to a very good manager, they consistently beat us, with a team containing 10 internationals, against John bonds newly established top flight side. The situation is different now, and our neighbours are no longer one of the top five sides in the country.    [/quote]

You have it your way Charlies Dad and I''ll have it mine. I''ll put on my Mr. Magoo extra strength yellow and green goggles and distort the results to show why we are better than them. You will put on your trendy specsavers blue tinted spectacles and distort them to make it seem they are better than us. I just find it difficult to understand why you would want to [*-)]

I have been to every derby match at Portman Road this century and only seen us lose once [:D][Y]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

[quote]My point was not that one game makes a season but that really now we are no longer sure or confident of good home results it makes little groups of away game like Charlton followed by Wolves a very daunting prospect. I have little faith in our ability to win away full stop let alone against powerful big teams like those two. As somebody already said Palace are also a big powerful team and a home win is by no means a nailed on formality. We are therefore staring down the barrel of a gun that has 3 losses written all over it.

Negative I here you say. You damn right I''m negative. I see it with my own eyes week in week out and I am not at all impressed.[/quote]

Sounds to me like you have a little Norwich complex.  Palace aren''t exactly firing on all 4 cylinders either.  If Ipswich can beat Palace 1-0 at home, why can''t we ?  Charlton and Wolves will be tough games, agreed, we will have a better idea of how competitive the team is against likely play-opff contenders after these games.  But you can''t write off the season on the basis of 1, 2 or even 3 games.

[/quote]

My mind boggles! Accusing somebody of small time norwich mentality when he clearly thinks we should be stuffing teams like Palace on a weekly bases is somewhat rich coming from someone who would be pleased with a draw!

[quote]My mind boggles! Accusing somebody of small time norwich mentality when

he clearly thinks we should be stuffing teams like Palace on a weekly

bases is somewhat rich coming from someone who would be pleased with a

draw![/quote]Well that''s just it, he thinks we should be, but he doesn''t think we can, because the teams we''re playing are better.  His text is full of fear and loathing...[quote]...we are no longer sure or confident of good home results...[/quote][quote]...Charlton followed by Wolves a very daunting prospect...[/quote][quote]...little faith in our ability to win away...[/quote][quote]...powerful big teams like those two...[/quote][quote]...Palace are also a big powerful team...[/quote][quote]...home win is by no means a nailed on formality...[/quote][quote]...staring down the barrel of a gun that has 3 losses written all over it.[/quote]Now.  If we''re 20th with 4 games left fair enough.  But we''re only 4 games in !

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="charlies dad"]

OK Nutty N. 3 in 12 sounds much nicer... 2 defeats and a draw in 3 sounds like monotonous regularity to me. In fact one defeat to them, is too regular for my liking, but i digress. I too, remember the seventies - when, thanks to a very good manager, they consistently beat us, with a team containing 10 internationals, against John bonds newly established top flight side. The situation is different now, and our neighbours are no longer one of the top five sides in the country.    [/quote]

You have it your way Charlies Dad and I''ll have it mine. I''ll put on my Mr. Magoo extra strength yellow and green goggles and distort the results to show why we are better than them. You will put on your trendy specsavers blue tinted spectacles and distort them to make it seem they are better than us. I just find it difficult to understand why you would want to [*-)]

I have been to every derby match at Portman Road this century and only seen us lose once [:D][Y]

[/quote]I dont want to..I want them beaten EVERY time we play them, at EVERY level, but i am beginning to doubt whether i will ever se it again in my lifetime.   

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]My mind boggles! Accusing somebody of small time norwich mentality when he clearly thinks we should be stuffing teams like Palace on a weekly bases is somewhat rich coming from someone who would be pleased with a draw![/quote]

Well that''s just it, he thinks we should be, but he doesn''t think we can, because the teams we''re playing are better.  His text is full of fear and loathing...

[quote]...we are no longer sure or confident of good home results...[/quote]
[quote]...Charlton followed by Wolves a very daunting prospect...[/quote]
[quote]...little faith in our ability to win away...[/quote]
[quote]...powerful big teams like those two...[/quote]
[quote]...Palace are also a big powerful team...[/quote]
[quote]...home win is by no means a nailed on formality...[/quote]
[quote]...staring down the barrel of a gun that has 3 losses written all over it.[/quote]

Now.  If we''re 20th with 4 games left fair enough.  But we''re only 4 games in !

[/quote]

What should I do lie. Or just not post. Or only post if I agree with you. Or lie but to myself like so many on here do.

I really cannot believe the stick that NN has been getting on this thread.

FACT - Hardhouse stated that Ipswich are better than us.

FACT - NN provided the results from the last few seasons to prove that this opinion has no statistical basis whatsoever.

It isn''t a matter of having yellow and green tinted glasses but simply of being able to read and count. And I agree with you Nutty, you have to wonder about the motivation of people who make misleading statements about Ipswich as a way of knocking our club.      

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]Thats why they consistantly beat us, with irritating regularity, and finish above us in the league. To the eternal shame of the board, management and players of Norwich city football club.[/quote]

Ipswich 1 - 1 Norwich
Norwich 0 - 2 Ipswich

Ipswich 0 - 2 Norwich
Norwich 3 - 1 Ipswich

Ipswich 0 - 1 Norwich
Norwich 1 - 2 Ipswich

Ipswich 3 - 1 Norwich
Norwich 1 - 1 Ipswich

Over the last 5 years you could argue it''s 2-2 on league position.  But I''d call it 3-2.  On matches, I make it 3-3.  Doesn''t sound like they consistently beat us though.

[/quote]

you fail to mention they have been suffering the repercussions of falling into administration and having no money, whereas we have been wasting the premiership millions during this time period, and don''t go back any for another 5 years or we really are in the doggy do season after season

[quote user="nutty nob"]

CJF - You got so carried away with making a case for your boys in blue that you remembered them doing better than they actually did [:#] Has that ever happened when you post about the boys in yellow? [:^)]

I try not to hurl out childish insults on this board, like calling posters binners if they don''t agree with me. But when they make up stuff about that lot from down the road and use it a a stick to beat our beloved Canaries what is a guy supposed to think?

[/quote]

make stuff up Nutty- In fact I posted seconds later after my mistake mate so your petty insult - very much like you - is not welcomed.....  And we have had premiership parachute money, they have barely had 500K to spend, that is FAILURE from our club - but then they accept failure.

Be that not sacking Worthy due to personal friendships, or hiring an inexperienced loudmouth dud of a manager and his aloof ''relegation manager'' assistant they have failed our club.

When exactly (and how) did a Norwich fan saying we are better than Ipswich become contentious?We ARE better than Ipswich.If we were in the conference and they won the premiership, we''d still be better than them.  We just ARE.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

Ipswich 1 - 1 Norwich
Norwich 0 - 2 Ipswich

Ipswich 0 - 2 Norwich
Norwich 3 - 1 Ipswich

Ipswich 0 - 1 Norwich
Norwich 1 - 2 Ipswich

Ipswich 3 - 1 Norwich
Norwich 1 - 1 Ipswich

[/quote]

you fail to mention they have been suffering the repercussions of falling into administration and having no money, whereas we have been wasting the premiership millions during this time period, and don''t go back any for another 5 years or we really are in the doggy do season after season

[/quote]

They were in the Premiership a a couple of years before us, so they have done a worse job than us of "wasting the premiership millions" by that logic. And I have to admit that I thought that we were discussing who was the better team rather than who has wasted the most money?!?!  

and don''t go back any for another 5 years or we really are in the doggy do season after season

[/quote]

You just never felt more like singing the blues CJF, but Norwich win and piswich lose.

This is just a load more rubbish made up by one of our resident wannabe binner boys.

90/91 through to 99/00 seasons:-

P17 W9 D2 L6

Read it and weep little boy blue [:P]

[quote]you fail to mention they have been suffering the repercussions of

falling into administration and having no money, whereas we have been

wasting the premiership millions during this time period, and don''t go

back any for another 5 years or we really are in the doggy do season

after season[/quote]Because it is irrelevant to the results.  Charlies Dad said : Thats why they consistantly beat us, with irritating regularity, and finish above us in the league.Charlies Dad did not say : Thats why they consistantly beat us, with irritating regularity, and finish above us in the league, even though they have less money to spend because they blew it all on trying to stay in the Premiership and failed.He would have been partially accurate if he had. [:)]

[quote]We ARE better than Ipswich.If we were in the conference and they won the premiership, we''d still be better than them.  We just ARE.[/quote]Thoroughly agree 7rew.  Shame these "little Norwich" types can''t see it !

[quote user=""][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

Ipswich 1 - 1 Norwich
Norwich 0 - 2 Ipswich

Ipswich 0 - 2 Norwich
Norwich 3 - 1 Ipswich

Ipswich 0 - 1 Norwich
Norwich 1 - 2 Ipswich

Ipswich 3 - 1 Norwich
Norwich 1 - 1 Ipswich

[/quote]

[/quote]

They were in the Premiership a a couple of years before us, so they have done a worse job than us of "wasting the premiership millions" by that logic. And I have to admit that I thought that we were discussing who was the better team rather than who has wasted the most money?!?!  

[/quote]

Quote results and statistics when it''s against Norwich and your manipulating the stats to suit your views do it the other way and that’s fine. I''m 35 not a 8year old who thinks we will win the world cup.

I was going on the pasting they gave us at their place the fact that we could return the favour at home and the fact that they finished above us last season and where we are both standing in the league at present.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

and don''t go back any for another 5 years or we really are in the doggy do season after season

[/quote]

You just never felt more like singing the blues CJF, but Norwich win and piswich lose.

This is just a load more rubbish made up by one of our resident wannabe binner boys.

90/91 through to 99/00 seasons:-

P17 W9 D2 L6

Read it and weep little boy blue [:P]

[/quote]

and league positions....  im reading it and weeping...  but I am more depressed with our own parachute fueled failures compared to the blue idiots down the road.

face it ~ you''re just happy with mediocrity Nigel.....

[/quote]

Way back when.. HH44 posted that ipswich are better than Norwich.. I don''t believe they are and said so. You and CD then decided to join the thread to make a case for them being better, distorting any facts you could to make it look they are. That has nothing to do with me being happy with mediocrity or whatever your current trend word is. It has to do with me believing we are better than them. I''ll ask you what I asked CD - Why would you want to try so hard to make a case for them being better when the facts quite obviously say different?

[quote user="Hardhouse44"]

I''m 35 not a 8year old who thinks we will win the world cup.

I was going on the pasting they gave us at their place the fact that we could return the favour at home and the fact that they finished above us last season and where we are both standing in the league at present.

[/quote]

No you weren''t you said a few posts back that you were going on the fact that they beat us with "irritating regularity" which NN then demonstrated to be untrue (at least over the last 5 years - sorry CJF) - make your mind up. Oh, and have a happy 9th birthday by the way. [<:o)]

And to second 7rew, when exactly did it become contentious for a Norwich fan to lean towards the canaries in any comparison with Ipswich? That''s not facetious it''s a serious question, by the way.  

Ipswich 1 - 1 Norwich
Norwich 0 - 2 Ipswich

Ipswich 0 - 2 Norwich
Norwich 3 - 1 Ipswich

Ipswich 0 - 1 Norwich
Norwich 1 - 2 Ipswich

Ipswich 3 - 1 Norwich
Norwich 1 - 1 Ipswich

[/quote]

These are games played over 90mins so you really have to look at the end of season positions to judge who the better team are, just like cup games, Man utd getting beaten by Sothend. But we are better than Ipswich in all aspects of life!

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]We ARE better than Ipswich.
If we were in the conference and they won the premiership, we''d still be better than them.  We just ARE.[/quote]

Thoroughly agree 7rew.  Shame these "little Norwich" types can''t see it !
[/quote]''The Little Norwich Types'' Founder member Ms. D Smith, Stowmarket, Suffolk..   

[quote user=""]

[/quote]

No you weren''t you said a few posts back that you were going on the fact that they beat us with "irritating regularity" which NN then demonstrated to be untrue (at least over the last 5 years - sorry CJF) - make your mind up. Oh, and have a happy 9th birthday by the way. [<:o)]

And to second 7rew, when exactly did it become contentious for a Norwich fan to lean towards the canaries in any comparison with Ipswich? That''s not facetious it''s a serious question, by the way.  

[/quote]

No I didn''t. Check who posts what before you start a reply.

[quote user="charlies dad"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]We ARE better than Ipswich.
If we were in the conference and they won the premiership, we''d still be better than them.  We just ARE.[/quote]

Thoroughly agree 7rew.  Shame these "little Norwich" types can''t see it !
[/quote]''The Little Norwich Types'' Founder member Ms. D Smith, Stowmarket, Suffolk..   [/quote]

So we''re the ''little Norwich types'' yet you''re the ones desperately trying to argue that Ipswich are better than us - can''t you see the contradiction in that?

Anyway, this has all become so childish I think it''s probably time to call a truce - agreed? [:D]

[quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user=""]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No I didn''t. Check who posts what before you start a reply.

[/quote]

Okey doke, I stand corrected. [:D] Anyway, perhaps it''s time we all started to behave like adults, lol! [;)] 

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

[/quote]

Way back when.. HH44 posted that ipswich are better than Norwich.. I don''t believe they are and said so. You and CD then decided to join the thread to make a case for them being better, distorting any facts you could to make it look they are. That has nothing to do with me being happy with mediocrity or whatever your current trend word is. It has to do with me believing we are better than them. I''ll ask you what I asked CD - Why would you want to try so hard to make a case for them being better when the facts quite obviously say different?

[/quote]

In the last 10 years they have been more successful than us... FACT.  And its a damn shame saying it.  We should be better than them now however, with all our recent premiership cash and their near bankruptcy, nut it aint happening.

Really, this whole debate is semantics. (look it up) I havent distorted facts any more than nutty nigel. I just choose to look at recent history as opposed to a medium term - a period which includes our championshiop season and a year in the prem. Last season ipswich thrashed our backsides at PR and took a point at our place, to finish comfortably above us in the table. This they achieved despite their considerable handicaps. Its not an opinion, or a distortiopn. Its a fact. Admitting that the ''better team won'' through clenched teeth doesnt make me an ipswich fan.

[quote]I''m 35 not a 8year old who thinks we will win the world cup.[/quote]We''re not allowed to enter the World Cup, silly [:)].I know I know, YET another display of a lack of ambition...