Sign in to follow this  
Hardhouse44

Palace game is massive for our club.

Dramatic! I truthfully think this game is a huge one in terms of our league campaign this season and we''re only a few games in.

A loss against Palace on Saturday or even a draw and we will be deep in the mire. Follow that with two away games against Charlton and Wolves we could be looking at a very bleak situation.

A good result at home to Palace will be a tonic ahead of 2 very difficult away games.

It''s going to be time for the players to stand up and be counted and for the manager to stand up and be accountable.

At some time the excesses will have to stop, for me that time is after these 3 games.

All 46 games are equally as massive as each other.  We can only win or lose 3 points on Saturday.  If the players are focussed correctly, then they will only be looking at the next game.

i''d take a draw against Palace.. a big physical side who can play a bit and have alot of tall and agressive players will always provide a challenge.

good chance for Rusty and Brellier to give as good as they get.. a Battling Draw and a good performance would be a good result IMO. We can win though.

jas :)

I thought it was only Sky Sports that tried to claim that each individual game is massive for every single club. Lets keep some perspective, very rarely can you tell anything from one game alone.

Normally I agree with you jas, but this time i disagree.I think we have to get back to winning all home games, or expecting to.  I would see anything other than a win a disappointment.  We also need it to get some of the other fans backing Grant.  Teams lkike Crystal Palace are our competitors on everything, signings and the league.  Taking a draw at home, and then a tough away game, which we might lose?   1point off our rivals - for me its not good enough.I agree with someone else who said you cant tell anything from one game, I mean remember 4nil lose to Millwall all those years ago??   But it would be a big difference to our season so far, without it, and we have a really poor record, 1 win, 1 draw, 3 defeats - not good.  But 2wins, 1 draw and 2 defeats, looks a lot rosier - and a platform.

I think Palace will turn us over...they are a big powerfull team (not Vegetarians)and the likes of Scowcroft is sure to bang in a couple.

Its going to be a long cold winter without centrebacks and forwards who don''t want to play.

My point was not that one game makes a season but that really now we are no longer sure or confident of good home results it makes little groups of away game like Charlton followed by Wolves a very daunting prospect. I have little faith in our ability to win away full stop let alone against powerful big teams like those two. As somebody already said Palace are also a big powerful team and a home win is by no means a nailed on formality. We are therefore staring down the barrel of a gun that has 3 losses written all over it.

Negative I here you say. You damn right I''m negative. I see it with my own eyes week in week out and I am not at all impressed.

[quote user="Vegetushorribleglove"]

I think Palace will turn us over...they are a big powerfull team (not Vegetarians)and the likes of Scowcroft is sure to bang in a couple.

Its going to be a long cold winter without centrebacks and forwards who don''t want to play.

[/quote]

Are our lot vegetarians then? Perhaps that solves the mystery of the missing ingredients then?

Please, tell us more.

OTBC

Palace i would take 1pt for sure

charlton doesnt look the best of game n picking up form Quickly but in that stoke game they looked poor start of season, just got the feeling they finding out how to grind out the results now i.e 3-2 win other week

now to my wolves, pts look good but i tell you the performances arent we played really well 30mins vs sheff weds n thats it, we fluked blackpool home and got good solid draw away although creating not one good chance, we playing badly but getting pts maybe this is sign of good team? or maybe we just getting lucky, key for you is kightly performance and hucks performance vs us

[quote]My point was not that one game makes a season but that really now we are no longer sure or confident of good home results it makes little groups of away game like Charlton followed by Wolves a very daunting prospect. I have little faith in our ability to win away full stop let alone against powerful big teams like those two. As somebody already said Palace are also a big powerful team and a home win is by no means a nailed on formality. We are therefore staring down the barrel of a gun that has 3 losses written all over it.

Negative I here you say. You damn right I''m negative. I see it with my own eyes week in week out and I am not at all impressed.[/quote]

Sounds to me like you have a little Norwich complex.  Palace aren''t exactly firing on all 4 cylinders either.  If Ipswich can beat Palace 1-0 at home, why can''t we ?  Charlton and Wolves will be tough games, agreed, we will have a better idea of how competitive the team is against likely play-opff contenders after these games.  But you can''t write off the season on the basis of 1, 2 or even 3 games.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

i''d take a draw against Palace.. a big physical side who can play a bit and have alot of tall and agressive players will always provide a challenge.

good chance for Rusty and Brellier to give as good as they get.. a Battling Draw and a good performance would be a good result IMO. We can win though.

jas :)

[/quote]

you need to win your home games in this division and in any division for that matter!

ESPECIALLY WHEN YOUR 20TH IN THE LEAGUE!!!!!!!!1 

[quote user="Vegetushorribleglove"]

they are a big powerfull team (not Vegetarians)

[/quote]

Have you ever heard of oxen or carthorses etc, etc - they''ve always seemed to me to be quite ''big'' and ''powerfull''. [;)]  

The Palace game is not a key game for the season in the big scheme of things.

BUT if we want to finish above Palace this seasonwe should take something from them away.

Also with the injuries healing and fitness improving it would be important to get a good perfomance in early in the season to help morale, team spirit and build momentum.

We haven''t seen the best of the team yet, and the sooner we do, the higher the position by the end of the season.

And as i always say, another CB would help our cause no end.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

[quote]My point was not that one game makes a season but that really now we are no longer sure or confident of good home results it makes little groups of away game like Charlton followed by Wolves a very daunting prospect. I have little faith in our ability to win away full stop let alone against powerful big teams like those two. As somebody already said Palace are also a big powerful team and a home win is by no means a nailed on formality. We are therefore staring down the barrel of a gun that has 3 losses written all over it.

Negative I here you say. You damn right I''m negative. I see it with my own eyes week in week out and I am not at all impressed.[/quote]

Sounds to me like you have a little Norwich complex.  Palace aren''t exactly firing on all 4 cylinders either.  If Ipswich can beat Palace 1-0 at home, why can''t we ?  Charlton and Wolves will be tough games, agreed, we will have a better idea of how competitive the team is against likely play-opff contenders after these games.  But you can''t write off the season on the basis of 1, 2 or even 3 games.

[/quote]

Surely if I were suffering with a little Norwich complex I''d have complete acceptance of our position and be happy if we obtained a draw against Place as Jas is. I in fact believe we as a club should be able to beat Palace at home and anybody else for that matter in this very average league. I don''t however think we will. Is that a little Norwich complex. No it''s realism. We should with our facilities our following and our pedigree from not such a distant past as many be able to compete home and away with all teams in the division.

You ask a question If Ipswich can beat Palace at home why can''t we. Here''s something that may never have dawned on the blinkered brigade. They are better than us that''s why!

I don''t think it''s looking good for us. Palace, Charlton and then Wolves. Something tells me it''s going to be three defeats in a row.

[quote user="Hardhouse44"]

You ask a question If Ipswich can beat Palace at home why can''t we. Here''s something that may never have dawned on the blinkered brigade. They are better than us that''s why!

[/quote]

[8]

But I see your true colors
shining through
I see your true colors
and that''s why you''re a blue 
so don''t be afraid to let them show
your true colors
true colors are beautiful
when they''re yellow [;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Hardhouse44"]

[/quote]

[8]

shining through
I see your true colors
your true colors

[/quote]

My true "colours" are Yellow and Green always will be. It''s the fact that my glasses are not rose tinted that is the difference.

[quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Hardhouse44"]

[/quote]

[8]

shining through
I see your true colors
your true colors

[/quote]

My true "colours" are Yellow and Green always will be. It''s the fact that my glasses are not rose tinted that is the difference.

[/quote]

Ok mate [Y]

I got the thickest pair of yellow and green welding goggles[8-|] you can imagine and I''m proud of it[:^)]

How do you work out they are better than us?? [*-)]

Come on guys.

We''ve struggled the last couple of games. We''ll probably bag 9 points from our next three.

Since when have City done what we expected?

Mind you, if we do screw up we could find ourselves struggling under the weight of the teams above us. Palace is a big game in terms of getting on the right track.

Because once you struggle, it''s difficult to claw yourself back.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Ok mate [Y]

I got the thickest pair of yellow and green welding goggles[8-|] you can imagine and I''m proud of it[:^)]

[/quote]

haven''t Ip**** finish above us two years running now? (and on a lower budget as well.... [:S])

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Hardhouse44"]

[/quote]

[8]

shining through
I see your true colors
your true colors

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ok mate [Y]

[/quote]

Result against them and league position. They did us last year and if we don''t improve fast it''s going to be much of the same.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Hardhouse44"]

[/quote]

[8]

shining through
I see your true colors
your true colors

[/quote]As painful as it might be, the plain fact is ipsich are better than us, in every repsect other than one - support. Thats why they consistantly beat us, with irritating regularity, and finish above us in the league. To the eternal shame of the board, management and players of Norwich city football club.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Hardhouse44"]

[/quote]

[8]

shining through
I see your true colors
your true colors

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ok mate [Y]

[/quote]

So, Nutty, that''s the explanation for your opinions. You can hardly see a darned thing through those goggles, can you? [H] It all starts to make sense now. [;)]

OTBC

[quote user="charlies dad"]

As painful as it might be, the plain fact is ipsich are better than us, in every repsect other than one - support. Thats why they consistantly beat us, with irritating regularity, and finish above us in the league. To the eternal shame of the board, management and players of Norwich city football club.

[/quote]

To be fair, before last season we were unbeated at Portman Road for seven seasons.

[quote]Thats why they consistantly beat us, with irritating regularity, and

finish above us in the league. To the eternal shame of the board,

management and players of Norwich city football club.[/quote]2002 - 03 : Norwich 8th, Ipswich 7thIpswich 1 - 1 NorwichNorwich 0 - 2 Ipswich2003 - 04 : Norwich 1st, Ipswich 5thIpswich 0 - 2 NorwichNorwich 3 - 1 Ipswich2004 - 5 : Norwich 18th (Prem), Ipswich 3rd (champs)2005 - 06 :  Norwich 9th, Ipswich 15th.Ipswich 0 - 1 NorwichNorwich 1 - 2 Ipswich 2006 - 07 : Norwich 16th, Ipswich 14thIpswich 3 - 1 NorwichNorwich 1 - 1 IpswichOver the last 5 years you could argue it''s 2-2 on league position.  But I''d call it 3-2.  On matches, I make it 3-3.  Doesn''t sound like they consistently beat us though.

[quote user="charlies dad"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Hardhouse44"]

[/quote]

[8]

shining through
I see your true colors
your true colors

[/quote]As painful as it might be, the plain fact is ipsich are better than us, in every repsect other than one - support. Thats why they consistantly beat us, with irritating regularity, and finish above us in the league. To the eternal shame of the board, management and players of Norwich city football club.[/quote]

Oh look.. they''re queueing up now [:|]

Charlies Dad - In the last 12 games against that lot from down the road we have lost 3, that is not irritating regularity. They have finished above us in the league only once in the last 4 seasons so that is hardly consistently finishing above us. Of course back in the 70''s and 80''s they did quite often finish above us but I never felt it was to the eternal shame of the board, management and players of Norwich City Football Club.

HH44 - So through your crystal clear but slightly tinted with the brown stuff vision express spectacles do you see us being as good as Sheffield United based on current league position, and better than Coventry based on last seasons league position and better than Birmingham because we did them twice last season?[:^)]

CJF - You got so carried away with making a case for your boys in blue that you remembered them doing better than they actually did [:#] Has that ever happened when you post about the boys in yellow? [:^)]

I try not to hurl out childish insults on this board, like calling posters binners if they don''t agree with me. But when they make up stuff about that lot from down the road and use it a a stick to beat our beloved Canaries what is a guy supposed to think?

Oh, and, Bly - I already stated that I am proud of my goggles[8-|] so surely even you have worked out that I would not be insulted by you drawing attention to them [:P]

[/quote]

[8]

shining through
I see your true colors
your true colors

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ok mate [Y]

[/quote]

I sincerely hope you aren''t a real welder Nutster, because with all the flaws in your fabrication.........a collapse of your shakey structure would be impending..........[:P] Arc! Arc! Arc![:D]