Sign in to follow this  
gissing canary

Does anyone else hate ITVs Matt Smith?

The title explains it all really.

I live outside norfolk, so am without Anglia TV therefore I get up most sunday mornings, to catch the highlights, and any norwich goals, if I cant make it to the games.  And I cant stand listening to Matt Smith, he leaves huge pauses randomly between words, and takes up valuable time of a show generally being self indulgent.  We have 1hr, to get 3 leagues in, and 5-10mins is taken up by him, does anyone else feel like this about him?

Hate may be a bit strong but I wrote the following in my blog a couple of weeks ago:-

“Norwich City have uncovered a training ground mole” stated Matt ‘I wish I could pull off one-liners like Lineker’ Smith, at the start of this weekend’s The Championship on ITV1.

He''s smarmy and boring in my opinion.

ITV''s coverage in itself is shocking!

A shame they will begetting the FA Cup, and Prem highlights from next season too...

they wont show the small teams in the 1st and 2nd round of the FA cup and will stick to showibng Man u and chelski once round 3 gets underway....  unlike the beeb.

jas :)

hooray your not the only person he is completly rubbish n beliees the show is all him, robbie earle is boring n that gabriel bloke does me nut in, good programme rubbish talk though, who they going to sign up next happy shearer and gareth one question crooks

It should be titled: "Matt (pause) Me! Me! Smith, Leeds, Leeds and more Leeds, with a frustrating couple of minutes of other teams scoring a few goals in the Championship and some lower leagues cloggers running about a bit.......On ITV".

[quote user="Mello Yello"]It should be titled: "Matt (pause) Me! Me! Smith, Leeds, Leeds and more Leeds, with a frustrating couple of minutes of other teams scoring a few goals in the Championship and some lower leagues cloggers running about a bit.......On ITV".[/quote]

I am glad someone else has noticed the apparent Leeds obsession on this programme - I was thinking it was just me!

Main problem with this show however is it tries to fit too much into an hour (which in reality is more like 45-50 minutes when you take out the adverts).  A possible solution however would be for Matt to talk less......

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"]

[quote user="Mello Yello"]It should be titled: "Matt (pause) Me! Me! Smith, Leeds, Leeds and more Leeds, with a frustrating couple of minutes of other teams scoring a few goals in the Championship and some lower leagues cloggers running about a bit.......On ITV".[/quote]

I am glad someone else has noticed the apparent Leeds obsession on this programme - I was thinking it was just me!

Main problem with this show however is it tries to fit too much into an hour (which in reality is more like 45-50 minutes when you take out the adverts).  A possible solution however would be for Matt to talk less......

[/quote]

Agree about the Leeds stuff, and cant believe Norwich vs Wolves is the featured game.  We are never featured!

[quote user="gissing canary"][quote user="Pboro_Canary"]

[/quote]

Agree about the Leeds stuff, and cant believe Norwich vs Wolves is the featured game.  We are never featured!

[/quote]

well coming to a big club n all lol, all seriousness they prob billing the game as a relegation battle n losers manager job starting to come into question