Sign in to follow this  
sunset

Peter Grant is clueless!!

How could this man be the manager of a fantasic club called Norwich City Football Club?

Lets face it, when he played for us he was poor, always mouthing off at other players but never having the belief or quality to do anything about it himself! And he has taken those qualities into management! I was very dissapoined when our so called " winner" turned out to be Peter Grant!

As a manager I wanted to give him a chance, and I have, but lets be honest even a certain US President could make better decisions than this individual !

After 6 weeks in charge he critisised the fans when we played against Hull at home! If you remember this game, it was painfull enough being at Carrow Road and witnessing a dire performance let alone being blamed for the last minute equaliser by our new manager!!

And things haven''t improved at all since then. He has decided  to sign mediocre players and drive one of our best, Youssef Safri away! Believe me Youssef would have stayed at Carrow Road had he been treated with a bit more understanding and respect, but Grant having no man management skills or understanding of Youssef''s personal situation decided to bully him out of the club. Furthermore, the reception he recieved at Carrow Road recently was a disgrace and in no way recognised the loyal service that Youssef had given our Club.

We now have one of the best talents seen at NCFC for years in Chris Martin; Grant only played him due to injury last season otherwiswe he would not have had a kick, and look what he achieved for us last year. Why has this brilliant talent from Norfolk not been in the starting line up this season? And Dion left on the bench;  the team play so confidently under his leadership which is sadly lacking in other team members ??

Yes he admitted that "dragging Murray off his death bed" in midweek was a mistake, but lets be honest it doesn''t take much to realise that a sick player shouldn''t  be considered in  any starting lineup for City. What about trying out one of the youngsters & see if they can step up to the plate.

Colney is one of the best training facilities in the country with an abundance of youth coming through the ranks, but Peter Grant always neglects the promising young talent in favour of cheap and generally talentless new signings.How could he ever believe that Russell would be a substitute for Safri?

P.G (Pretty Grim)  is not  talented enough to lead us to the Premier League & it won''t be long before we are settling into midtable mediocrity & probably a relegation battle; the sooner he goes the better.

On the Ball City

S

I can agree with some points you make Sunset, but not others.

I do get the feeling that maybe Grant does seem to act like a bit of a bully (for want of a better word). Looks very much to me that he engineered/forced the controversy with Safri to get rid of him. But then I can see why he did it...Safri is never going to play a full season and he didn''t have his best term last time around. Having said that...I still think he''s a player Norwich could do with.

As for Chris Martin...burst onto the scene and made his name but then became lazy. Maybe he was played out of position at times but that shouldn''t stop him trying to put in a shift for the team. He''s a decent prospect, nothing special but he''s got something.

After that when it comes to the youth you''ve only really got Joe Lewis who looks like he''s going to do something. Maybe Bally Smart because of his pace which is such a virtue in the modern game. Spillane...maybe...maybe.... gets stuck in but there''s a long way to go for him.

But I don''t think Grant "neglects" the youth. Chris Martin has had a run because he looks like he can do something. But as for the Jarvis brothers, Eagle, Halliday and Cavey... nah...not going to make it at this level. Could you honestly see any of them making it through at any of the real good academies in the country?  Could you see any of our boys coming out of the Southampton setup and then having Arsenal or Spurs pay millions for them?

This is now Peter Grants team and by the end of this season, maybe sooner, we''ll know if he''s got what it takes to take Norwich forward.

City are only 3 or 4 players away from being a real force in this league but without those 3 or 4 players they''re going to challenge. We''ll give everyone a game though.

Sunset, how can you base an argument against a manager when your first sentence critisices how poor the same guy was as a player was for the same club. Sounds like you have a  personnal vendetta against the guy. You then follow this up by raking a year old issue up (which by the way a number of the users on here are seems to be justified).

Whilst I agree that Safri deserved better treatment considering  no one knew the full ins and outs of his exit. (My guess is simply his agents were too money hungry to let him settle), he was never going to be the player which would drive us out of this division. To compare him to Russell when they''re completely different players is just idiotic! 

I''d like to see Martin play more and given the right attitude (Grant''s pre-season rant about people turning up fit was targeted at him I hear, true or not is just speculation) I reckon we''ll see more of him sooner rather than later. Even so most of us would love to see Martin play all guns blazing every week. I hope it happens soon as weurray and he admitted it could do with  a spark.

Finally Grant did cock up with Murray and he admitted it. Can''t really argue against that to be fair.

Another season of mid table mediocrity or worse beckons while this pathetic excuse for a manager is in charge. He has no tactical nous and from what I can tell commands very little respect from the players. Almost want things to go wrong just to get him out the door sooner rather than later.

How have you given the guy a chance,we''ve playing, what 3 matches this season, how is that a chance.... He''s brought his own players in and they need to gel, to form a team instead of a group individuals. It''s like school, you move from Primary and Secondary and it takes a few weeks to know people.

How can you call them Mediocre signings, Im not going to even explain why, i''ve done it so many times to you armchair managers that it''s getting boring!!!

Drove out one of your best, Safri, What drug are you on????

Why don''t you just leave your thoughts to yourself and actually give the man a chance before shooting him down in flames, it''s been 3 matchs, why dont you try supporting us in the 4th!

I''m glad to see you followed the Safri fiasco so well. Bullied out of the club? How does turning up late for training to pick up an agent sound?

As Vince has rightly pointed out, he has played Martin and has been within the squad. Dublin can''t play regularly 90minutes a game and unfortunately with this league you need consistency, and that counts for results, performances and the players on the pitch.

Are you that guy from Burnham Market? =/

Sunset - i agree with your comments to a degree however there was alot more to the Safri story and he had to go, there is a good debate on Talksport this morning regarding the return of previous players i.e. Keane at Man Utd today, it''s ok to cheer them before the game but i can guarantee that the Old Trafford faithful will not be cheering Keane if Sunderland were to turn them over after the game - it''s a fickle game. If Keane was in charge of a top 4 team today he would not get such a reception they just expect that they will win the game.

Regarding Martin i would personally play him today in he center of the park alongside Russell, i saw him in the reserves at he looked very composed spreading the ball about lovely, doing the hard work and capping the display off with a well taken free kick to get himself on the scoresheet. He needs games to develop as we''ve lacked in the past previous few years by a certain previous manager.

Back to PG and again i would still point the finger at the previous manager for our problems, we lost two players in the summer that were in the managers plans for this season and it was a blow to lose both of them whether peopole rate them or not it''s about squad numbers and quality and both Etuhu and Earnie had glimpses of quality on occasions. We let 9 go in the summer out of 25 or so. Therefore we now have PG''s starting line up however still not his full squad. I was disappointed not to add a few yesterday and belive we were left behind on a few transfers that went through yesterday that we should have taken a gamble on it, fee''s wages etc Norwich can afford it however lack of ambition from the board and that Sunset is where the problems currently stand.

PG is still learning and he would admit that still, we have got to get behind him - we will never be able to persuade anyone better to take charge, a high turnover in managment does not breed sucess, we need patience again and some realism. Unless we spend the money to bring in quality we will sruggle to compete as it is in any business nowadays. 

How have you given PG, a change? Last season wasn''t his team & we''ve only had played 5 games in a new season where he has is own team now & in which we have won 3 games lost won and drawn one. We have the same amount of points as Sheffield United, Leciester & Charlton all have spent alot of money..... I do wonder if there fans are so easy to critisize. Please just for once can''t we get behind the team & grant, or at least save your winging for the end of season!!

Got to disagree with most points on this one Norfolk..He should be starting Dion and the kids should come in if 1st teamers are ill/not fit, agreed. But if you think Grant isnt the man to take us forward your sadly mistaken. He''s a learning manager but for me already he''s made some fantastic decisions. Bringing Martin thru, would Worthy ever have done this?Playing Huckerby up front, giving us more solidity in midfield, this worked.The bargain hunts of Lappin, Fozzy, Semmy, Marshall, Cureton and Russell, not too mention resigning Dion.These have been great decisions.Weve had a decent start with an injury ravaged squad. Would Man Utd have done so well without Scholes, Ronaldo and Rooney? Oh yeah, no they didnt. Weve been without our match winners, Hucks, Fozzy and Smith. When we get them back we''ll be flying.One last point, and the main thing i applaud Grant for is the squad, in the past under Worthy one of our biggest faults was a poor squad and an ineffective bench. We now have Dion, Luke Chadwick, Chris Martin, Mark Fotheringham and David Strihavka to bring on to change games, were before we''d have Thorne, McVeigh, Henderson and Hughes, not too mention the likes of Mattias Jonson, Graham Stuart and Elvis Hammond in the past. We now have absolute quality on the bench, and whatever our starting 11 were always gonna have 5 quality match winning subs to bring on. This is Grants doing and will get us promoted this season, as games like the Southampton match will confirm. When things arent going well you turn to the bench. Bringing on Thorne and Henderson wouldnt have won us that match. Bringing on Fozzy and Dion/Martin/Striker/Smith etc will.Lets get behind Grant and the team, be patient for results our injured players to return and enjoy this season....we could well be going to Wembley come May.OTBC

It''s so easy to sit back and critise, everyone wants instant success! It takes time to take over a team that wasn''t performing (hence the exit of Worthy) and make changes that should improve the situation. Grant has brought in a lot of players, and yes we need to be more solid at the back, but sometimes he players we need are not available at the right price. Healthy criticism is good but everyone is an expert and wants to say what is wrong! We are supporters and should give Grant and the team our 100% support. That''s not to say we cannot moan but it should be balanced.

NCFC 4ever!

BarclayMan, you forgot Lisbie, that proven goalscorer.....My concern is the way the article is written and the sign off are the same as Neil Doncasters!  Please Neil this better not be you?  Even you ditched the real forum??