Sign in to follow this  
Kissthebadge

Faking injury!!

My opinion on the turning point in today''s game?  Not the equalising goal as we bounced back well after that and only one team were going to win.  What annoyed me is this constant gamesmanship which is creeping in. About 10 minutes from time, we were firmly on top and a Cardiff player falls to the ground like he''s been shot, only to to be running around minutes later, takes the sting out of the game, we lose our momentum and they go on and win.  I''m not singling out this one player as we see it at Carrow Road every week, sometimes from our own team.  This is cheating and referees must be given the guidance to clamp down on this.  How can the problem be addressed? 

[quote user="sig"]

My opinion on the turning point in today''s game?  Not the equalising goal as we bounced back well after that and only one team were going to win.  What annoyed me is this constant gamesmanship which is creeping in. About 10 minutes from time, we were firmly on top and a Cardiff player falls to the ground like he''s been shot, only to to be running around minutes later, takes the sting out of the game, we lose our momentum and they go on and win.  I''m not singling out this one player as we see it at Carrow Road every week, sometimes from our own team.  This is cheating and referees must be given the guidance to clamp down on this.  How can the problem be addressed? 

[/quote]

And after scoring, he gave a pretentious limp towards the Kerdiff bench,  and totally extracting the urine as much as taking the pis* could allow. But they still beat us.

Same tactics Derby used to such ''good effect'' last seasonI hate it, like I hate the opposition keeper wasting time, taking forever to take a goal kickThe only person on the pitch who can do anything about it is the referee - they simply have to be tougher.

It''s something you see time and again from other teams but something we''ve never really adopted. Same goes for diving (with the exception of Hucks who has, on the ''odd'' occasion taken an all too easy tumble in the box).You have to think that out of the 40-odd games a team plays in a season, tactics such as diving, time-wasting, surrounding the ref for every decision, etc. etc. will probably win the club at least 8 or 9 points a season - maybe even more.

Perhaps the timing should be taken away from the referee and given to a stand based official. He will stop the clock  at each breakdown in play ie injury, time when ball is out of play and restarted at goalkicks, corners, freekick etc. A bit like rugby? Just an idea!

[quote user="MK Canary"]Same goes for diving (with the exception of Hucks who has, on the ''odd'' occasion taken an all too easy tumble in the box).

[/quote]

Hucks doesn''t dive.  He does his level best to get fouled.  If his opponent doesn''t manage to make contact that''s not his fault is it?  Not that I''m biased . . . [:D]

I agree with this ''In The Blood''. As a follower of American Football, I''m aware the players know they will get the full 60 minutes to play the game, regardless of stoppages. As a result, there is no time wasting, only genuine injuries.  I know the problem will be that a game will last twice as long, but if it was made 30 minutes each half with the clock running only when the ball was in play, I think the problem would be solved.  The official clock should be displayed for all to see.  Failing that, I would like to see more yellow cards issued for time wasting, although it would be tough for the referee to differentiate real from fake injuries.

They should play on just like in rugby and have the physio come on whilst the game is still going. If the players fine he gets up and carries on if he isn''t play is stopped and he is taken off to get proper treatment (stiches, stretcher etc.). If it''s in the penalty area, play is stopped, the player is taken off the pitch and then play continues. It would keep the game flowing more.

On that particular ''injury'', it was the ref who stopped the game.  I thouht that the referee was only meant to stop the game if there is a serious head injury, while it was clearly his leg, so play should''ve continued.  About 10 m,inutes before that Drury went down clutching his head and the ref let play continue.

The ref all in all had a game of 2 halves.  The 1st half, I thought he got everything pretty much spot on (except maybe the dissallowed goal, but Dublin was climbing a little bit).  In the 2nd half, the ref missed some blatent body checking.  2 good handball shouts in the area which I''d like to see again.  He seemed to give a couple of fouls, when they were clearly fouling Norwich players.

Same garbage referees, different season   

It is always the Canaries that are on the wrong side of the referee. I cannot ever remember a time when the Canaries were on the end of a decision that favoured them, when a decision went their way,  or when one of the City players committed a foul and clearly escaped punishment. It is always the Canaries that are being fouled and the referees are clearly always wrong in their decisions. That is why the Canaries are sitting five from bottom and Ipswich are five from top the referees always favour Ipswich.