Sign in to follow this  
Huddy

Huckerby

Why does PG feel Hucks is fit enough to play 120 minutes against Rochdale, but cant risk him in  amuch more important game against Cardiff?

Is it because Grant didnt see him deserved of a place in a team that has mustered an amazing 3 goals in 3 league games?

or

Is it because we stupidly overplayed him in a what is now  ameaningless excersize considering the draw, and so he was not capable of a full run out today.

If Hucks had of started we may have had the game in the bag by half time with his extra pace and creativity, although i do conced that in his cameo he didnt really do alot.

he played 120 mins at rochdale (much lower quality opposition) to get minutes under his belt, bearing in mind he hasn''t played since way back last season. 120 mins is a long time and his body would have been dead if he had been forced to play the 90 yesterday, you may not realise but the intensity nd work rate at this standard is very high, he isn''t a machine.

So why didnt they just play him in the 2nd half against Rochdale and save him for the Cardiff game?

[quote user="Peter Grants Tartan Army"]

Why does PG feel Hucks is fit enough to play 120 minutes against Rochdale, but cant risk him in  amuch more important game against Cardiff?

Is it because Grant didnt see him deserved of a place in a team that has mustered an amazing 3 goals in 3 league games?

or

Is it because we stupidly overplayed him in a what is now  ameaningless excersize considering the draw, and so he was not capable of a full run out today.

If Hucks had of started we may have had the game in the bag by half time with his extra pace and creativity, although i do conced that in his cameo he didnt really do alot.

[/quote]

Because PG knows best...or at least he likes to think he does.

To be fair he did say hucks was never ment to play the full 90 never mind the 120 but for reasons out of control such as injuries on the pitch, he couldn''t take him off. He didn''t look match fit to me when he come on anyway. Still its a shame we rely on the man soooo much :(

[quote user="canaries_07"]he played 120 mins at rochdale (much lower quality opposition) to get minutes under his belt, bearing in mind he hasn''t played since way back last season. 120 mins is a long time and his body would have been dead if he had been forced to play the 90 yesterday, you may not realise but the intensity nd work rate at this standard is very high, he isn''t a machine.[/quote]

That is why they took us to extra time and penalties.

[quote user="cityangel"]So why didnt they just play him in the 2nd half against Rochdale and save him for the Cardiff game?[/quote]

Thats my point city angel

I''m not questioning that it hard to play 120 minutes and then another game at the weekend. I''m questioning why he wasnt a sub or whatever so he could play 90 minutes on Saturday.