Sign in to follow this  
DanielHammond

Grant Out?!?!

[quote user="Michael Starr"][quote user="RobertMack"]Please see post "Bigger Picture" and youll see that I totally agree with the need to remove Grant. I dont believe he has the knowledge and confidence to implement what may be good footballing knowledge. Lots of talk, little action and rudeness towards players. There is no way I would want to work for him.
[/quote]

People said that about Alex Ferguson when he arrived from Scotland too... a decent cup run kept him in a job, then the rest is history. Give it 10 games.
[/quote]

Michael , you are a lovely old boy , you have just said the same that i have been going on about since the start of the season . Sir Alex was a waste of space for two yrs . Give Grant time i know he will come good. arrdee.

I think its time for level heads. Grant has done well in getting rid of the dross. Lets face it carl robinson, andy hughes etc etc were never up to the standard required and anyone that thinks they were needs therapy. However the replacements that have been bought in smack to me of being cheap.

In the transfer window last January Grant bought in Brown saying that he wasn`t going to pay silly prices. In my naivety I thought good on him. Padding out the team with reasonable "SQUAD" players, thus eliviating the chronic shortage that Worthy left behind. Yet saving the real quality first team acquisitions till the seasons over and prices become more realistic. How wrong could I have been. I`m not entirely blaming Grant, he could not have envisaged losing Earnie and Dickson in such quick succession. But the fact is we have a very "cheap" looking squad. Yes prices are inflated but I seriosly think you get what you pay for and with the likes of Brown, Rusty, Lappin, (to a certain extent Cureton and Fotheringham) I just don`t see the quality first team players that I`d hoped for.

Having said that maybe it was the board that started the whole process by installing a "cheap" unproven manager in the first place. Only time will tell and unfortunately in the famous words of several of our recent managers "I fear we will have to go with what we`ve got"

[quote user="barclayendboy"][quote user="kneeelo 74"]

[quote user="barclayendboy"]Go away DH and come back when you have something sensible to say.
[/quote]

Judging by other posts it seems as if he did have something sensible to say

[/quote]

4 Games into the season and he wants Grant sacked and you think that is sensible ,you are as daft as he is if you believe that.
[/quote]

No not daft, as other posts have mentioned it is not just about these four games, NOTHING has improved from last season, and with the next three games being  Palace (H), Charlton (A) and Wolves (A), where I can see us getting a maximum of 1 point, I cant see anything changing.

And before people start slating me its only a view on what I believe, and yes I do support Norwich and have done since 78.

Cheers

[quote user="DanielHammond"]Is it me or do we need a new manager already?! I mean today was awful! We only scored when their keeper made a mistake. And when we had that spell in the first half we couldnt score. Grant has bought nobody in for upfront. Brown cannot win a thing in the air and Cureton expects the ball to just drop at his feet. He has not strengthened our defence either! I think its already time for somebody to leave whether it will be Grant or the board. Both have done nothing this season![/quote]one of the best posts in ages. there is no excuses left for this poor team that Peter ''clueless'' Grant has put together. It''s time he went.GRANT OUT

[quote user="Asobi Seksu"]OK........ We sack him then who do we bring in!!!! Whoever we do will want his own squad which means more time to re-build and what! If he isn''t top by the new year, you going to want to sack him! Oh my god I really cant believe how stupid you people are who are caling for Grant''s head already!![/quote]

we lost yesterday due to the ineptitude of David Marshall and nothing more! if anyone should be "out" it should be him! 800,000 my fat hairy A*se!

jas :)

[quote user="Mutley"]

I think its time for level heads. Grant has done well in getting rid of the dross. Lets face it carl robinson, andy hughes etc etc were never up to the standard required and anyone that thinks they were needs therapy. However the replacements that have been bought in smack to me of being cheap.

In the transfer window last January Grant bought in Brown saying that he wasn`t going to pay silly prices. In my naivety I thought good on him. Padding out the team with reasonable "SQUAD" players, thus eliviating the chronic shortage that Worthy left behind. Yet saving the real quality first team acquisitions till the seasons over and prices become more realistic. How wrong could I have been. I`m not entirely blaming Grant, he could not have envisaged losing Earnie and Dickson in such quick succession. But the fact is we have a very "cheap" looking squad. Yes prices are inflated but I seriosly think you get what you pay for and with the likes of Brown, Rusty, Lappin, (to a certain extent Cureton and Fotheringham) I just don`t see the quality first team players that I`d hoped for.

Having said that maybe it was the board that started the whole process by installing a "cheap" unproven manager in the first place. Only time will tell and unfortunately in the famous words of several of our recent managers "I fear we will have to go with what we`ve got"

[/quote]

And what has he replaced the dross with, from the I''ve witnessed so far this season more dross. As I stated previously the NCFC business plan is ''If it is cheap then it it good enough for NCFC'' Cheap but not cheerful.

We have plenty of ''off the field interests'' quality, in and around the stadium.......I''m just waiting for the masseeeve injection of cash raised from these ''off the field interests'' to be pumped back into the true reason why Carrow Road exists and attracts the punters.......Football?