Sign in to follow this  
DanielHammond

Grant Out?!?!

Is it me or do we need a new manager already?! I mean today was awful! We only scored when their keeper made a mistake. And when we had that spell in the first half we couldnt score. Grant has bought nobody in for upfront. Brown cannot win a thing in the air and Cureton expects the ball to just drop at his feet. He has not strengthened our defence either! I think its already time for somebody to leave whether it will be Grant or the board. Both have done nothing this season!

We''ve only played four games for Christ''s sake. Grant''s decisions today were poor but that''s no excuse to sack him already. Thing is when we pass the ball along the ground as we did in the first half-an-hour we actually look a half-decent side, but when we resort to hoofing it long as we did afterwards we''re very ordinary. He needs to get the players to pass the ball for 90 minutes rather than hitting it aimlessly upfield and totally bypassing the midfield. Cardiff were hopeless and had we kept playing football (or took one of our numerous chances after we went 1-0 up) we''d have won the game easily.

You sir have not got a clue.  Cureton is a poacher, and ran his socks off today.  I would suggest that Cureton is the man brought in ''for upfront'' so not quite nobody as you say.  Brown won loads in the air - his issue is that he is not a goalscorer. Our defence was absolutely untroubled apart from the two poor goals conceded.  In midfield we played high up the pitch and dominated.  We lost but did not deserve to. 

Why dont we all stop acting like spoilt little gits in the schoolroom and give it a few more games?

[quote user="DanielHammond"]Is it me or do we need a new manager already?! I mean today was awful! We only scored when their keeper made a mistake. And when we had that spell in the first half we couldnt score. Grant has bought nobody in for upfront. Brown cannot win a thing in the air and Cureton expects the ball to just drop at his feet. He has not strengthened our defence either! I think its already time for somebody to leave whether it will be Grant or the board. Both have done nothing this season![/quote]

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]We''ve only played four games for Christ''s sake. Grant''s decisions today were poor but that''s no excuse to sack him already. Thing is when we pass the ball along the ground as we did in the first half-an-hour we actually look a half-decent side, but when we resort to hoofing it long as we did afterwards we''re very ordinary. He needs to get the players to pass the ball for 90 minutes rather than hitting it aimlessly upfield and totally bypassing the midfield. Cardiff were hopeless and had we kept playing football (or took one of our numerous chances after we went 1-0 up) we''d have won the game easily.[/quote]

Grant has been the manager since October last year he was, correctly, given the benefit of the doubt last season as it was deemed to be Worthington''s team. This season it is Grant''s team and on what I''ve seen so far the team as a whole is weaker now than it has ever been.

This time last season we were second from top at this stage we are forth from bottom. The best player on the pitch today against Cardiff was Dublin (signed by Worthington). I don''t intend to be disrespectful to Dublin but, if he was the best today then it is a sad indictment of the over all quality of the squad. Brellier is shocking and not up to the standard  required to wear a NCFC shirt and Doherty and Shackell look all over the place. 

Cardiff are an ordinary team it is frightening that NCFC allowed them the win. NCFC are now a journeyman  team going no where fast.

There is no easy answer to the problems. Why sack Grant what would that achieve, nothing bring in new players?. The problem with Championship football and the league in general is the Premiership. The Premiership is sucking the life out of football and will eventually kill football.

It is only my opinion, but how many directors of Championship clubs are at their wits end in despair at attempting to achieve the impossible, gain promotion with substandard players and no real money to spend.   

I have watched City for many many years but never have I seen such an inept tactical work by a manager.

1. Huckerby apparently was good enough for 120 mins against Rochdale but KEPT on the bench until Cardiff equalised. This makes absolutely no sense. Do we really care about the Carling Cup MORE than the league. When he did come on the tide had already turned Cardiff believed they could get something. The home crowd also deserved to see Huckerby from the start. In his 15 mins on he played more exciting football than anyone elese in the rest of the game and completely trashed the Cardiff defence.

2. Chadwick looked completley lost in the first half and kept running into Brown. ALL players have bad matches and that he was having one every one could see. Yet once again Mr Grant waited until it was TOO late to bring on Croft who immediately started asking questions of the Cardiff defence.

3. Both Cureton and Brown need to be told they need to make runs when we have possession not stand LOOKING at our player on the ball. What are they doing on the training pitch. NO WONDER Grant doesnt want anyone to see.

The game was there for the taking we were gifted a goal by a very very ordinary side and once again failed to build on that, effectively on two set pieces we fell asleep and GIFTED Cardiff the points. Without Dublin it could have been embarrassing as he saved us time after time. Once again Doherty proved he is NOT up to this standard and NEEDS to be replaced.The outcome is we are still in the Carling Cup and have lost three points at home, GREAT strategy Mr Grant.

I am not proud of the fact that I predicted both goals for Cardiff as colleagues nearby could confirm, clearly Mr Grant could not!

Yes the Referee was appalling I particularly like the drop ball after Fowler had clouted Marshall in the back, even Cardiff players looked perplexed at that.

Mr Grant should have tried fringe players at Rochdale and saved the best for the League. We have now two weeks to dwell on this and I hope Mr Grant can explain why our best player sat most of the match out when he clearly looked great when he came on!

I for one will not be gracing the ground while we have a manager who has no idea of tactics, whats important for us ie promotion and how to get the best from his team. I for one would happily let Dublin take over as player manager now and he must be embarrassed to play in a team that is lead so poorly.

Oh well rant over but anyone who was at the match knows we still need a defender ( or two ) and a new manager ( preferably Dublin). Until that happens we will be scrapping around in the relegation zone with a manager who will blame injuries, tired legs, sickness etc anything but the TRUTH which is he has not a clue what he is doing.

Sorry I have rarely seen such inept tactics by a manager even at amateur level. Ther is only one way Mr Grant will be taking us and thats down. Hey maybe if he keeps saving Huckerby for the dead important Carling Cup we could win that again and as before get relegated at the same time!

It  is only a question of time before Hucks gets fed up sitting on the bench and leaves too. Bravo Mr Grant, a full house at Carrow Road deserves better than this, please leave and let someone, no anyone else manage. Certainly none of the crowd ( apart from the Cardiff fans) would have left Hucks sitting out most of the match!

you know nothing about football, if you had watched the game today and spoke to the people at half time, you would have seen and heard people saying that this was good football, you don''t always need to win every header in the air, he causes a lot of problems, yes we would like to see him win a lot more and score more but he works hard and brings in the wingers and midfield.

[quote user="biggleyellow"]

you know nothing about football, if you had watched the game today and spoke to the people at half time, you would have seen and heard people saying that this was good football, you don''t always need to win every header in the air, he causes a lot of problems, yes we would like to see him win a lot more and score more but he works hard and brings in the wingers and midfield.

[/quote]

Brown: 4 goals in 42 games at this level for any type of forward player is plain NOT GOOD ENOUGH.........................

If you have never seen such inept tactical work then you obviously did not follow Norwich through most of Nigel Wothington''s regime....

This post is reactionary nonsense.  We lose a game and the world is falling in!

We played well and dominated and on most days would have got at least a point.  Most sane people are tonight wondering how we lost the game.  Yes there are issues, Russel and Brellier are solid but seem to lack creativity, Brown is not going to score ever and Docherty should be taken to the dog food factory, but I would be sleeping less easily tonight as Dave Jones - Cardiff looked really poor for long periods of the game and we walked all over them - with a wage bill the size of the millenium stadium to show for the dross.

[quote user="CJ"]

I have watched City for many many years but never have I seen such an inept tactical work by a manager.

1. Huckerby apparently was good enough for 120 mins against Rochdale but KEPT on the bench until Cardiff equalised. This makes absolutely no sense. Do we really care about the Carling Cup MORE than the league. When he did come on the tide had already turned Cardiff believed they could get something. The home crowd also deserved to see Huckerby from the start. In his 15 mins on he played more exciting football than anyone elese in the rest of the game and completely trashed the Cardiff defence.

2. Chadwick looked completley lost in the first half and kept running into Brown. ALL players have bad matches and that he was having one every one could see. Yet once again Mr Grant waited until it was TOO late to bring on Croft who immediately started asking questions of the Cardiff defence.

3. Both Cureton and Brown need to be told they need to make runs when we have possession not stand LOOKING at our player on the ball. What are they doing on the training pitch. NO WONDER Grant doesnt want anyone to see.

The game was there for the taking we were gifted a goal by a very very ordinary side and once again failed to build on that, effectively on two set pieces we fell asleep and GIFTED Cardiff the points. Without Dublin it could have been embarrassing as he saved us time after time. Once again Doherty proved he is NOT up to this standard and NEEDS to be replaced.The outcome is we are still in the Carling Cup and have lost three points at home, GREAT strategy Mr Grant.

I am not proud of the fact that I predicted both goals for Cardiff as colleagues nearby could confirm, clearly Mr Grant could not!

Yes the Referee was appalling I particularly like the drop ball after Fowler had clouted Marshall in the back, even Cardiff players looked perplexed at that.

Mr Grant should have tried fringe players at Rochdale and saved the best for the League. We have now two weeks to dwell on this and I hope Mr Grant can explain why our best player sat most of the match out when he clearly looked great when he came on!

I for one will not be gracing the ground while we have a manager who has no idea of tactics, whats important for us ie promotion and how to get the best from his team. I for one would happily let Dublin take over as player manager now and he must be embarrassed to play in a team that is lead so poorly.

Oh well rant over but anyone who was at the match knows we still need a defender ( or two ) and a new manager ( preferably Dublin). Until that happens we will be scrapping around in the relegation zone with a manager who will blame injuries, tired legs, sickness etc anything but the TRUTH which is he has not a clue what he is doing.

[/quote]

OK........ We sack him then who do we bring in!!!! Whoever we do will want his own squad which means more time to re-build and what! If he isn''t top by the new year, you going to want to sack him! Oh my god I really cant believe how stupid you people are who are caling for Grant''s head already!!

Please see post "Bigger Picture" and youll see that I totally agree with the need to remove Grant. I dont believe he has the knowledge and confidence to implement what may be good footballing knowledge. Lots of talk, little action and rudeness towards players. There is no way I would want to work for him.

so sack him, lets hope they sack sheffield uniteds aswell then we can have theres, oh but hey thats just as stupid cos there on the same points and only a place above us(even tho there supposed to be a promkotion winning side), players do need time to gel, same for any team, how many seasons did it take for ronaldo become great for united, or drogba, world class players are better at fitting in to a team then most and we dont have a world class player, nor do many other teams at this level, and some of the supposed bigger teams arent doing to well either, infact looking at the tables theres only a theres only 2 teams who are unbeaten this year and thats bristol and coventry, and the only difference between us and cardiff, west brom, southampton is the fact theyve won 2 lost 2 and weve drawn 1 won 1 lost 2, its just one win that seperates 4th place and 20th, so its to early to see how teams are going to do

So, at what stage is it ok to call for Grant''s head? When we''re looking at the map to find out where Canvey Island play and whether we need to renew our passport to get there? How much time does he have? What if we''re in the bottom three at Christmas?

Have we really progressed in the year (almost) he''s been in charge? Do we have better players and a better all-round team? Do we have better coaching? Is the motivation better? And, at the end of the day, the most important factor, are the results better? Personally, I''m struggling to answer yes to any of those questions and by this time I hoped I would have been able to.  

All i can say is everyone is entitled to their opinion. Whether you agree with them or not its no reason to slag them off. Anyone who posts their opinion on here is just showing that they care about our club. It is a bit early for "Grant out" .  You have to let him work on the team to get the best out of the players, and what works best on the field. This is his team that he has built and you have to give him more time to get them playing well.

No - for pity''s sake lets keep a sense of proportion.  Did anyone really think we were going to run away with the league this year?  We are in a rebuilding phase unfortunately at the moment and it will take time.  We will play worse than we did yesterday this season and win games (indeed Southampton springs to mind).  Lets see what things look like after ten games (by which time maybe our current injury jinx may have resolved itself).

[quote user="Barry Brockes"]

So, at what stage is it ok to call for Grant''s head? When we''re looking at the map to find out where Canvey Island play and whether we need to renew our passport to get there? How much time does he have? What if we''re in the bottom three at Christmas?

Have we really progressed in the year (almost) he''s been in charge? Do we have better players and a better all-round team? Do we have better coaching? Is the motivation better? And, at the end of the day, the most important factor, are the results better? Personally, I''m struggling to answer yes to any of those questions and by this time I hoped I would have been able to.  

[/quote]

Barry you sweet thing it won''t be long before you are saying , Yes,Yes,Yes, Believe arrdee .I know i am not wrong [Y].arrdee.

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"]No - for pity''s sake lets keep a sense of proportion.  Did anyone really think we were going to run away with the league this year?  We are in a rebuilding phase unfortunately at the moment and it will take time.  We will play worse than we did yesterday this season and win games (indeed Southampton springs to mind).  Lets see what things look like after ten games (by which time maybe our current injury jinx may have resolved itself).[/quote]

Pboro-Canary, Yep i thought we would run away with the league , still think we will do so , the league is filled with rubbish .You tell me who is going to win it with what you have seen so far ?arrdee.

[quote user="arrdee"]

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"]No - for pity''s sake lets keep a sense of proportion.  Did anyone really think we were going to run away with the league this year?  We are in a rebuilding phase unfortunately at the moment and it will take time.  We will play worse than we did yesterday this season and win games (indeed Southampton springs to mind).  Lets see what things look like after ten games (by which time maybe our current injury jinx may have resolved itself).[/quote]

Pboro-Canary, Yep i thought we would run away with the league , still think we will do so , the league is filled with rubbish .You tell me who is going to win it with what you have seen so far ?arrdee.

[/quote]

OK, did anyone except Arrdee think we would run away with it?  And Arrdee, for me Watford and WBA look to have the squads capable of doing the business in what I agree is a generally poor quality league.

[quote user="kneeelo 74"]

[quote user="barclayendboy"]Go away DH and come back when you have something sensible to say.[/quote]

Judging by other posts it seems as if he did have something sensible to say

[/quote]4 Games into the season and he wants Grant sacked and you think that is sensible ,you are as daft as he is if you believe that.

[quote user="RobertMack"]Please see post "Bigger Picture" and youll see that I totally agree with the need to remove Grant. I dont believe he has the knowledge and confidence to implement what may be good footballing knowledge. Lots of talk, little action and rudeness towards players. There is no way I would want to work for him.[/quote]People said that about Alex Ferguson when he arrived from Scotland too... a decent cup run kept him in a job, then the rest is history. Give it 10 games.

[quote user="Barry Brockes"]

[/quote]

To save you looking Canvey play at Park Lane, inaptly named.  The ground is known as The Methane on account of it being disturbingly close to the gigantic Methane Gas Terminal.  Delightful place for a day out.

Only joking.  I am sure you will survive.