Sign in to follow this  
cartwheel

why dont we all support the team

now dont get me wrong,as i like to moan about a sloppie pass as anyone else would. but why do so many on here hit the panic button and start posting such rubbish so early in the season. i have been to every game home and away this season,and yesturday was the best we have played all season,and apart from 2 bad mistakes in concentration we would have won,and played good attacking football. i know some posters on here cant always attend matches,so they reley on others to post to give them a acuate assement of events.and belive me you can not judge anyone in this league untill november(look at sunderland last year). SO WHILE I GET AS PEED OF AS THE REST OF YOU. lets support the team untill the time when they need to be judged. i for one still expect us to challange top 6 this year and grant has done a great job in clearing out the dead wood.and bringing in new players,so i say to you all.SUPPORT THE TEAM NOW! THATS WHAT SUPPORTERS ARE SUPPOSED TO DO!

[quote user="cartwheel"]now dont get me wrong,as i like to moan about a sloppie pass as anyone else would. but why do so many on here hit the panic button and start posting such rubbish so early in the season. i have been to every game home and away this season,and yesturday was the best we have played all season,and apart from 2 bad mistakes in concentration we would have won,and played good attacking football. i know some posters on here cant always attend matches,so they reley on others to post to give them a acuate assement of events.and belive me you can not judge anyone in this league untill november(look at sunderland last year). SO WHILE I GET AS PEED OF AS THE REST OF YOU. lets support the team untill the time when they need to be judged. i for one still expect us to challange top 6 this year and grant has done a great job in clearing out the dead wood.and bringing in new players,so i say to you all.SUPPORT THE TEAM NOW! THATS WHAT SUPPORTERS ARE SUPPOSED TO DO![/quote]

The reason being is that the problems at the moment are not a ''one off'''' isolated wobble. NCFC have been in decline for the last two seasons and despite all the hype and bulls*** coming from Grant and the board nothing has changed. In fact NCFC appear to still be in decline. 

[:S] last TWO seasons ? ...it''s been a wee bit longer than that.

My god,   look at the ins & outs this season....

actually Grant has had to build a SQUAD

it hasn''t gelled yet (of coarse -given the large scale necessary changes) but the team is slowly finding it''s feet

-in spite of such fickle support.

''Best supporters'' tag my arse ......yes, we turn out in numbers but collectively don''t show the character and resolve we demand of our team.

We are ALL finding our way through a testing transition ...KTF

OTBC,

NMTD,

KIL

"Walks On Water" you do indeed have a point. We regularly come out in numbers, but it''s not much use if we dont sing, encourage etc. That means when we''re winning, and when we''re losing. It''s something that helps a team, and personally instead of 24,000 at a game i''d rather have 15,000 all singing.

But then again, thats my opinion.

But, we do. Otherwise we wouldn''t be posting on here.

Just that some are more critical (read negative in boardspeak) than others because they have higher expectations.

Of course some are so uncritical (read positive in boardspeak) they would cheer a team of dumplings.

But then there''s no accounting for sheep, is there?

Yep. It certainly takes all types........

But it''s our common bond that''s really important.

OTBC

Like the original poster I’ve been to every game this season as well, in fact I missed only a handful home and away last season as well but importantly we are heading towards the first anniversary of Worthington’s more than overdue departure and I fear all is far from well.

What I have seen so far this season is worrying to put it mildly, the football has been awful for the most part and sorry but Saturday’s game didn’t contain much in the way of attacking football, just exactly how many clear cut chances did we create? Not many at all and its made all the more galling when we have got a nailed on goal scorer like Jamie C and we can get the ball to him anywhere inside the oppositions half.

As for the squad rebuilding, Grant has indeed pruned out loads of the dead wood which was much needed but worryingly he has also seemed to fall out with players, surely we would have been better off keeping Saf and what the hell has been going on with Hux and Drury, have they really been injured?

So once again I find myself staring down the barrel of another very long season with precious little to get excited about but all the time there are one or two managerial candidates who I just know would do a great job for us and absolutely not resort to the truly dire long ball tactics I had the misfortune of having to watch at Hull last weekend.

If I were the Turner’s and was seriously thinking about taking over form the current majority shareholders and taking our great football club seriously I would certainly be thinking very strongly about whether we have the right man for the job.

To conclude, I really do like Peter Grant but I fear that is as much to do with disliking the previous manager enormously and really do hope he succeeds but unfortunately I just don’t believe he will, Paul Jewell for me I’m afraid.

[quote user="Bury Green"]

Like the original poster I’ve been to every game this season as well, in fact I missed only a handful home and away last season as well but importantly we are heading towards the first anniversary of Worthington’s more than overdue departure and I fear all is far from well.

What I have seen so far this season is worrying to put it mildly, the football has been awful for the most part and sorry but Saturday’s game didn’t contain much in the way of attacking football, just exactly how many clear cut chances did we create? Not many at all and its made all the more galling when we have got a nailed on goal scorer like Jamie C and we can get the ball to him anywhere inside the oppositions half.

As for the squad rebuilding, Grant has indeed pruned out loads of the dead wood which was much needed but worryingly he has also seemed to fall out with players, surely we would have been better off keeping Saf and what the hell has been going on with Hux and Drury, have they really been injured?

So once again I find myself staring down the barrel of another very long season with precious little to get excited about but all the time there are one or two managerial candidates who I just know would do a great job for us and absolutely not resort to the truly dire long ball tactics I had the misfortune of having to watch at Hull last weekend.

If I were the Turner’s and was seriously thinking about taking over form the current majority shareholders and taking our great football club seriously I would certainly be thinking very strongly about whether we have the right man for the job.

To conclude, I really do like Peter Grant but I fear that is as much to do with disliking the previous manager enormously and really do hope he succeeds but unfortunately I just don’t believe he will, Paul Jewell for me I’m afraid.

[/quote]

I do have some time for PG, I just don''t like the fact that he is learning his managerial trade with us - I would have preferred someone who already knew the ropes as far as managing goes - responding to your post, and if we were looking at this time.......Martin Allen for me

[quote user="cartwheel"]now dont get me wrong,as i like to moan about a sloppie pass as anyone else would. but why do so many on here hit the panic button and start posting such rubbish so early in the season. i have been to every game home and away this season,and yesturday was the best we have played all season,and apart from 2 bad mistakes in concentration we would have won,and played good attacking football. i know some posters on here cant always attend matches,so they reley on others to post to give them a acuate assement of events.and belive me you can not judge anyone in this league untill november(look at sunderland last year). SO WHILE I GET AS PEED OF AS THE REST OF YOU. lets support the team untill the time when they need to be judged. i for one still expect us to challange top 6 this year and grant has done a great job in clearing out the dead wood.and bringing in new players,so i say to you all.SUPPORT THE TEAM NOW! THATS WHAT SUPPORTERS ARE SUPPOSED TO DO![/quote]

I do, I went to 2 of the friendlies and I''ve been to every home game plus Hull. Most of the posters on here support the team thats why they are on here sharing the highs and lows.