Sign in to follow this  
All dots

WE'RE CRAP AND WE KNOW WE ARE

1ST WIZ PREDICTS THAT WE WILL GET PROMOTED THIS SEASON. HE''S EITHER OD''D ON PAINKILLERS (OR JUST ODD) OR THE GRAND VIZIER DOOMCASTER HAS CAST HIS SPELL ON 1ST WIZ AND EXILED HIM TO THE LAND OF FANTASY, SELF-DELUSION AND DENIAL. EITHER THAT OR 1ST WIZ IS JUST HAVING FUN.ANYWAY, TRUTH IS THAT WE ARE COMPLETE CRAP AND WE KNOW WE ARE AND MY PREDICTION IS YET ANOTHER SEASON OF UNFULFILLED EXPECTATIONS (ALBEIT UNREALISTIC TO START WITH), GENERAL DISMAY, DECLINING ATTENDANCES AND THE USUAL CRIES OF "BOARD OUT" AND "MANAGER OUT". THIS SEASON WILL BE A FIGHT TO AVOID THE DROP. I TAKE NO PLEASURE IN STATING THIS BECAUSE I AM JUST AS PASSIONATE A NORWICH SUPPORTER AS THE REST OF YOU BUT SOMEONE HAS TO STAND UP AND STATE THE OBVIOUS AND IF NO ONE ELSE WILL IT MIGHT AS WELL BE ME : WE ARE CRAP. OUR BOARD IS CRAP OUR MANAGER ISN''T MUCH BETTER AND OUR TEAM COMPRISES JOURNEY MEN, "UTILITY" PLAYERS AND DONKEYS. SORRY BUT IT''S TRUE AND AS THE PREMIERSHIP RECEDES INTO THE DISTANCE LEAGUE ONE (OR DIVISION THREE AS IT USED TO BE CALLED) IS OPENING ITS ARMS TO WELCOME US. HAVE A NICE DAY AND, YES, I DO HOPE WE BEAT CARDIFF.

I''d say our backline is crap particularly one notable centre back at the moment but to generalise the whole team as crap is way over the top!

Your prediction of another unfulfilled season is one possible scanario, but such is the nature of this league and the quality our squad has I feel we will finish somewhere between 4th and 18th.

The unbelieveable amount of injuries may mess us up like last year but please at this moment in time such huge amounts of negativity is silly!

Too many fans look back at our title winning campaign 3 and bit years ago with rose tints specs. Yes we were the best team that year but we also had every bit of luck going with lots of  lucky 1 goal victories, decisions going our way and only one major injury poor old Zema Abbey which actually improved the side as he wasn''t good enough!

If we have that same amount luck and lack of injuries this time around then we are capable of seriously challenging for a play off place!

Why is it that if anyone posts a message critical of those in charge it is automatically assumed to come from a binner?

To me it is a heel of a lot more loyal to want a better future for the club than to settle for putting up with what we are being fed at the moment.

Would you rather have Fowler and Hasselbaink playing for us or against us today?

You can post critical messages on the board and still cheer the team at the match you know?

How to spot a binner - They will be very happy with us not spending money, they will write messages praising Robert Chase, they wont post after 10pm (bedtime) and they wont be able to spell long words very well...

OTBC

[quote user="Old Salt"]1ST WIZ PREDICTS THAT WE WILL GET PROMOTED THIS SEASON. HE''S EITHER OD''D ON PAINKILLERS (OR JUST ODD) OR THE GRAND VIZIER DOOMCASTER HAS CAST HIS SPELL ON 1ST WIZ AND EXILED HIM TO THE LAND OF FANTASY, SELF-DELUSION AND DENIAL. EITHER THAT OR 1ST WIZ IS JUST HAVING FUN.

ANYWAY, TRUTH IS THAT WE ARE COMPLETE CRAP AND WE KNOW WE ARE AND MY PREDICTION IS YET ANOTHER SEASON OF UNFULFILLED EXPECTATIONS (ALBEIT UNREALISTIC TO START WITH), GENERAL DISMAY, DECLINING ATTENDANCES AND THE USUAL CRIES OF "BOARD OUT" AND "MANAGER OUT". THIS SEASON WILL BE A FIGHT TO AVOID THE DROP.

I TAKE NO PLEASURE IN STATING THIS BECAUSE I AM JUST AS PASSIONATE A NORWICH SUPPORTER AS THE REST OF YOU BUT SOMEONE HAS TO STAND UP AND STATE THE OBVIOUS AND IF NO ONE ELSE WILL IT MIGHT AS WELL BE ME : WE ARE CRAP. OUR BOARD IS CRAP OUR MANAGER ISN''T MUCH BETTER AND OUR TEAM COMPRISES JOURNEY MEN, "UTILITY" PLAYERS AND DONKEYS. SORRY BUT IT''S TRUE AND AS THE PREMIERSHIP RECEDES INTO THE DISTANCE LEAGUE ONE (OR DIVISION THREE AS IT USED TO BE CALLED) IS OPENING ITS ARMS TO WELCOME US. HAVE A NICE DAY AND, YES, I DO HOPE WE BEAT CARDIFF.[/quote]

THERE ARE ELEMENTS OF TRUTH IN YOUR POST. BUt sHoutiNG Is CouNter PRoductive.

I''m off to the game soon, and I will supporting the lads and hoping for success today - (and for the rest of the season). But, I feel in my heart - that we aren''t going to set this league alight......unfortunately. A wholesale clear-out is required at boardroom level, and outside investment should be vigorously and rigorously pursued. Although, it''s only my personal opinion. 

[quote user="yellow blood"]I think you need to switch off CAPS LOCK you muppet[/quote]

SO POSTING A MESSAGE IN CAPITAL LETTERS SOMEHOW MEANS I AM SHOUTING AND CAUSES SUCH OFFENSE TO MINDLESS LITTLE MORONS THAT AUTOMATICALLY I HAVE TO BE  LABELLED A MUPPET. I AM SO SORRY IF USING CAPS HAS UPSET SOME ESTABLISHED MB PROTOCOL AND THAT POSTING A " WAKE UP CALL" MESSAGE ABOUT THE TRUE STATE OF OUR CLUB AND TEAM ALSO GETS ME LABELLED AN IPSWICH SUPPORTER. MANY OF YOU ON THIS MB POST INTELLIGENT AND WORTHWHILE MESSAGES BUT MOST OF YOU WEAR GREEN AND YELLOW SPECS TO SUCH AN E XTENT THAT YOU CANNOT BEAR ANY SUPPORTER DARING TO CRITICISE OUR BELOVED CLUB.  THE TRANSFER WINDO HAS CLOSED NOW. I''M WATCHING ETUHU PLAYING FOR SUNDERLAND ON SETANTA, EARNSHAW (NOT DOING THE BUSINESS AT DERBY BUT CERTAINLY A PROLIFIC SCORER FOR US LAST SEASON), SAFRIS NOW STARRING AT SOUTHAMPTON AND WHO DID WE REPLACE THEM WITH ? WHERE HAS ALL THE MONEY GONE / WHAT HAVE THE TURNERS BROUGHT TO THE CLUB AND WHY ARE SO MANY OF YOU SO FLIPPING BLIND TO THE TRUTH. WE NOW CLEARLY HAVE THE APPEARANCE OF A TEAM THAT WILL STRUGGLE IN THE LOWER REACHES OF THE CHAMPIONSHIP WITH NO HOPE OF IMPROVEMENT AND MOST OF YOU SEEM TO BE IN COMPLETE DENIAL OF THESE FACTS. OF COURSE I CAN''T GENERALISE, HUCKERBY IS OBVIOUS QUALITY BUT THE ONLY REASON WHY HE HAS STAYED IS BECAUSE MRS HUCKERBY WANTED TO. APART FROM HUCKS WHOE ELSE HAVE WE GOT OF PROVEN QUALITY ? SUPPORTERS THE LIKES OF THOSE WHO HAVE KNEE JERKED INTO CALLING ME A MUPPET AND A BINNER ARE THE REASON WHY OUR BOARD HAVE GOT AWAY WITH ABSOLUTE MURDER OVER THE LAST FEW YEARS, STARTING OF COURSE WITH THE INFAMOUS AND CONTEMPTUOUS RALLYING CALL JUST BEFORE THE PREMIERSHIP SEASON STARTED " PRUDENCE WITH AMBITION".   SO IT IS IN LIFE AS IT IS IN FOOTBALL - YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW AND IF YOU DON''T SO ANYTHING DON''T BE SURPRISIED IF YOU HAVE NO HARVEST.

PS sorry for the caps you sensitive lot

If you post on any message board in CAP LOCKS it is known as shouting, thats message board etiquette!

[quote user="Old Salt"]

[quote user="yellow blood"]I think you need to switch off CAPS LOCK you muppet[/quote]

SO POSTING A MESSAGE IN CAPITAL LETTERS SOMEHOW MEANS I AM SHOUTING AND CAUSES SUCH OFFENSE TO MINDLESS LITTLE MORONS THAT AUTOMATICALLY I HAVE TO BE  LABELLED A MUPPET. I AM SO SORRY IF USING CAPS HAS UPSET SOME ESTABLISHED MB PROTOCOL AND THAT POSTING A " WAKE UP CALL" MESSAGE ABOUT THE TRUE STATE OF OUR CLUB AND TEAM ALSO GETS ME LABELLED AN IPSWICH SUPPORTER. MANY OF YOU ON THIS MB POST INTELLIGENT AND WORTHWHILE MESSAGES BUT MOST OF YOU WEAR GREEN AND YELLOW SPECS TO SUCH AN E XTENT THAT YOU CANNOT BEAR ANY SUPPORTER DARING TO CRITICISE OUR BELOVED CLUB.  THE TRANSFER WINDO HAS CLOSED NOW. I''M WATCHING ETUHU PLAYING FOR SUNDERLAND ON SETANTA, EARNSHAW (NOT DOING THE BUSINESS AT DERBY BUT CERTAINLY A PROLIFIC SCORER FOR US LAST SEASON), SAFRIS NOW STARRING AT SOUTHAMPTON AND WHO DID WE REPLACE THEM WITH ? WHERE HAS ALL THE MONEY GONE / WHAT HAVE THE TURNERS BROUGHT TO THE CLUB AND WHY ARE SO MANY OF YOU SO FLIPPING BLIND TO THE TRUTH. WE NOW CLEARLY HAVE THE APPEARANCE OF A TEAM THAT WILL STRUGGLE IN THE LOWER REACHES OF THE CHAMPIONSHIP WITH NO HOPE OF IMPROVEMENT AND MOST OF YOU SEEM TO BE IN COMPLETE DENIAL OF THESE FACTS. OF COURSE I CAN''T GENERALISE, HUCKERBY IS OBVIOUS QUALITY BUT THE ONLY REASON WHY HE HAS STAYED IS BECAUSE MRS HUCKERBY WANTED TO. APART FROM HUCKS WHOE ELSE HAVE WE GOT OF PROVEN QUALITY ? SUPPORTERS THE LIKES OF THOSE WHO HAVE KNEE JERKED INTO CALLING ME A MUPPET AND A BINNER ARE THE REASON WHY OUR BOARD HAVE GOT AWAY WITH ABSOLUTE MURDER OVER THE LAST FEW YEARS, STARTING OF COURSE WITH THE INFAMOUS AND CONTEMPTUOUS RALLYING CALL JUST BEFORE THE PREMIERSHIP SEASON STARTED " PRUDENCE WITH AMBITION".   SO IT IS IN LIFE AS IT IS IN FOOTBALL - YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW AND IF YOU DON''T SO ANYTHING DON''T BE SURPRISIED IF YOU HAVE NO HARVEST.

[/quote]

Dont worry about the binner taunts my friend, it simply shows a lack of argument against you by those accusing you of supporting the scum. People still accuse me of being a binner despite seeing my address in the local paper {they still think i live in suffolk though-how intelligent is that mate?}.

P.S Since when has posting in caps lock been offensive? Is typing in bold a secret code? Some people!

It is difficult to read, and on the internet is deemed to be RUDE.  Learn how to be polite online.  If someone shouted at you in the street you would be offended, so show other people the same courtesy online - yes it can cause offence and you have been told so - so why not show some of your alleged years and respond in a mature manner with an apology before making your next point?

[quote user="Old Salt"]

[/quote]

[quote user="Old Salt"]

[/quote]

Yes it does, didn''t even get past your first line. No need to apologise, I just ignored most of what you said, turn your caps lock off.  

Well said, Old Salt. Why posters take exception to the use of capital letters is beyond me especially as yours were only font size 10 so you weren’t exactly screaming more like making your point firmly but politely ! It’s content that’s important but the majority of posters on this MB can’t bear any criticism of our beloved Club. Dare to criticise and you are dismissed as a  “muppet” or “binner” . The problem is that it is the mentality of these very same fans, both posters on here and the large proportion of the 22K who turn up at Carrow Road every other week,  that to some extent is responsible for the mediocrity that we have now learned to accept as our lot. These fans have continued to chew contentedly on the cud of apathy as our Club declines and only spark into life to shout down anybody who puts their head above the parapet and says “hang on, things aren’t right at the Club”.  The fans are like shareholders (in fact I am a share and debenture holder of NCFC) of a company. If the company isn’t being run well, if profits and dividends are declining then the shareholders voice their disapproval. The fact is that our Club has been declining year on year now for the last 4 years and the unquestioning support of the majority many of whom shout down dissenters, however constructive, has only served to encourage this decline. After all, why should the Board risk investment in players when no one apparently seems to mind our rapid descent into mediocrity ?  “Prudence with ambition” exclaimed the Board and the majority murmured subserviently how wise this was. And look where it got us – straight out of the premier league and into the lower reaches of the one below.  More power to your elbow Old Salt.

The exception taken to the capital letters is NOTHING to do with the debate he tried to provoke, trying to claim it is linked to people not agreeing is utter rubbish - why make such a dull attempt to suggest it is?

My mentality is that I want the club to be succesful - we all do surely?  I disagree with lots of what has and is going on, but I can also see that there are positives and it is a long season - so no I won''t be joining the ''we''re all doomed'' merchants just yet.

And can you explain the 22k who turn up every other week comment - smacks of someone who again, as with so many of the other ''dissenters'' does not actually know much about the club they claim to support! 

[quote user="Baron Bludgeon 1"]

Well said, Old Salt. Why posters take exception to the use of capital letters is beyond me especially as yours were only font size 10 so you weren’t exactly screaming more like making your point firmly but politely ! It’s content that’s important but the majority of posters on this MB can’t bear any criticism of our beloved Club. Dare to criticise and you are dismissed as a  “muppet” or “binner” . The problem is that it is the mentality of these very same fans, both posters on here and the large proportion of the 22K who turn up at Carrow Road every other week,  that to some extent is responsible for the mediocrity that we have now learned to accept as our lot. These fans have continued to chew contentedly on the cud of apathy as our Club declines and only spark into life to shout down anybody who puts their head above the parapet and says “hang on, things aren’t right at the Club”.  The fans are like shareholders (in fact I am a share and debenture holder of NCFC) of a company. If the company isn’t being run well, if profits and dividends are declining then the shareholders voice their disapproval. The fact is that our Club has been declining year on year now for the last 4 years and the unquestioning support of the majority many of whom shout down dissenters, however constructive, has only served to encourage this decline. After all, why should the Board risk investment in players when no one apparently seems to mind our rapid descent into mediocrity ?  “Prudence with ambition” exclaimed the Board and the majority murmured subserviently how wise this was. And look where it got us – straight out of the premier league and into the lower reaches of the one below.  More power to your elbow Old Salt.

[/quote]

Sorry JC but you evidently haven''t read my message. It is clear that I am not making the link you suggest but what is interesting is the usual abuse from posters like you i.e. you don''t agree, therefore I must be talking "rubbish" and told so. I find people like you rather sad and,on that note I''m off for a sandwich.

Back to the point of the thread, which is the contention that "we are crap".  I''d say that we are not crap, but we are certainly mediocre, a "much" part of the much of a muchness that is the tier below the World Premier Super Series or however they''re marketing it now.  The good news is that this is a mediocre league where a lot of games will be 2-1 games won or lost in the manner of the Southampton and Cardiff games.  The clubs that will clamber out of the primordial swamp of this league will be the ones with the most defensive discipline, the teams who have the capability to win ugly, to grind out 2-1s and 1-0s in the manner of a Big Sam era Bolton.  There is nothing new about this, in fact it kind of reminds me of supporting Norwich in the 80s as a teenager, except that the teams that go up now are even more likely to bounce back down again.

[quote user="Dicky"]I actually think we''re a great club, but hey that''s not allowed now is it?[/quote]

Couldnt agree more Dicky i think we are a great CLUB to. Shame others dont see it that way if you get my drift mate.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[quote user="Dicky"]I actually think we''re a great club, but hey that''s not allowed now is it?[/quote]

Couldnt agree more Dicky i think we are a great CLUB to. Shame others dont see it that way if you get my drift mate.

[/quote]

Nothing like a bit of pathos, is there ?! Of course all of us who post on here, including Old Salt, think that Norwich is a great club. If we didn''t think that then we wouldn''t have any passion, wouldn''t care and therefore wouldn''t bother posting on this MB.It is exactly because I love our club that I get so damn angry at the incompetent and unambitious way it has been run. Like everybody else, I have had to sit and watch a shocking decline over the last few years. The promotion year had been a long time a coming and I can clearly remember the excitement I felt when our return to the Premiership was confirmed and then the feeling of disquiet at the "Prudence with ambition" claptrap that so many fans accepted without question and then of course the start of the slide that continues unabated today. The fact that people like me criticise shows that they care - perhaps even more so than those who seem to believe that the act of criticising reflects disloyalty or, more stupidly, suggests that the critic is either a muppet or an Ipswich fan. 

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[/quote]

Nothing like a bit of pathos, is there ?! Of course all of us who post on here, including Old Salt, think that Norwich is a great club. If we didn''t think that then we wouldn''t have any passion, wouldn''t care and therefore wouldn''t bother posting on this MB.It is exactly because I love our club that I get so damn angry at the incompetent and unambitious way it has been run. Like everybody else, I have had to sit and watch a shocking decline over the last few years. The promotion year had been a long time a coming and I can clearly remember the excitement I felt when our return to the Premiership was confirmed and then the feeling of disquiet at the "Prudence with ambition" claptrap that so many fans accepted without question and then of course the start of the slide that continues unabated today. The fact that people like me criticise shows that they care - perhaps even more so than those who seem to believe that the act of criticising reflects disloyalty or, more stupidly, suggests that the critic is either a muppet or an Ipswich fan. 

SORRY EVERYBODY, IT KEPT SAYING TIME OUT TO I KEPT PRESSING THE POST BUTTON. OH, SORRY AGAIN,JUST REALISED THAT I HAVE USED CAPS. Honestly, I''m not shouting !

[quote]It is exactly because I love our club that I get so damn angry at the incompetent and unambitious way it has been run.[/quote]Ambition is a funny word, everyone has a different definition.  It''s early doors, but how are the "ambitious signings we missed out on" over the summer getting on ?"Ambitious" signing Sharp no goals in 4 matches.Luke Varney - 17k a week in wages and no goals.Eastwood has scored 3 league goals and 1 in the cup."Unambitious ?" signing Cureton, 4 goals so far.So Baron - what''s your definition of an ambitious NCFC ?

[quote user="Baron Bludgeon 1"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Pathos?  Ummmmmm.  Thinking we''re a great club means that I would never state publicly that we are crap.  Of course there are frustrating times supporting a club such as Norwich, especially at the moment, but constantly criticising does not show you care it just shows you are a negative moany type.

Get behind the team for goodness sake - you are supposed to be a supporter, through thick and thin.  Be realistic, there is no easy solution to our woes, constantly sniping at people doing the best they can for the club is counter productive.  As a supporter, the most important thing you can do is support your club.

The title of my post was self-evidently and deliberately provocative but to argue that I "stated publicly that we are crap" is somewhat disingenuous bearing in mind that I posted my message on the Pink Un MB which, as far as I am aware, apart from some local wacky hammers fan is peopled by fellow Norwich supporters. If we as Norwich supporters aren''t able to make our feelings clear on the Pink Un MB and have a robust but constructive debate (also without receiving silly abuse) then frankly it''s a pretty poor show.

[quote user="Dicky"][quote user="Baron Bludgeon 1"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Pathos?  Ummmmmm.  Thinking we''re a great club means that I would never state publicly that we are crap.  Of course there are frustrating times supporting a club such as Norwich, especially at the moment, but constantly criticising does not show you care it just shows you are a negative moany type.

Get behind the team for goodness sake - you are supposed to be a supporter, through thick and thin.  Be realistic, there is no easy solution to our woes, constantly sniping at people doing the best they can for the club is counter productive.  As a supporter, the most important thing you can do is support your club.

[/quote]

Support works both ways, the club keep letting the fans down with there refusal to show any ambition.

[quote user="Dicky"][quote user="Baron Bludgeon 1"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Dicky tou''ve missed the point,nobody on this site has ever suggested we are not a great club, wonderful memorys of Wembly, Munich and Milan will but a line under that but by supporting people who imo are taking the club backwards is counter productive. I would even go as far as saying the likes of you are the ones doing the damage but i would wouldnt i because im the negative moany type.