Sign in to follow this  
Cheeky Monkey

TOP 6

Look at the table as it stands now.

Will Bristol City and Scunthorpe end up in the top 6? I doubt it. Will Sheffield United be 19th at the end of the season? I doubt it.

Everyone who is getting their knickers in a twist about the current position is bananas.

Grant has built a much stronger squad of players who WANT to play for Norwich City. I''ve not seen any lacklustre performances this year, unlike half of Etuhu and Safri''s games last year. Not to mention Colin, McVeigh, Thorne etc. Hughes gave it his all but sadly lacked in quality. 

Marshall, Brellier, Otsemobor, Russell and Cureton have all shown a passion for playing for the club. We have Murray, Smith and Huckerby coming back from injury.

It''s the start of the season and the team have two weeks to gel further before the Palace game. Give the team a chance and start encouraging instead of whinging.

This message board has become dull, uninspiring and full of moaning gits.

finally some reality!

spot on there CM, spot on.

We played well on saturday. just got unlucky or made some silly mistakes. theres room for improvement but the potential is there. the only thing letting us down at the moment are a group of fans to ignorant to stand up and support the club when things arent going so well. Smudger, cluck etc won''t support us while we aren''t doing well yet will probably start going to games when we are winnig week in week out. i was shocked on saturday at how quiet we were, we sung when we were winning and then sat in silence when we were losing. great method to success. in my opinion the problem at the moment is the fans, not the team which will gel and improve in time. nor the board but the fans out there who won''t support the club but will sit there with toys on the floor when things aren''t going well.

some people need to seriously consider whether they support the club or not. we are 20th at the moment but at this time last year we were second... and look how things changed... sunderland this time last year? i rest my case.

[B] Good post -totally agree

and I think people all too easily forget the years following the sale of Sutton & Fox -crashing out of the Premiership ( how ridiculous Vinnie Jones prediction seemed at the time) and predating the inspired/lucky loans of Crouch,Harper & Huckerby.

In that context the signing of Huckerby, & the football we played en route to the Championship generated a euphoria that has raised the general expectations of what must be achieved. We have been spoiled

Just DON''T SIT BACK and DO SING YOUR HEART OUT SUPPORTING THE TEAM

YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT THEY MIGHT ACHIEVE WITH THE SUPPORTERS REALLY GETTING BEHIND THEM...

Y''know I rather think we''re very lucky to witness a talent (& legend) like Huckerby playing for NCFC. And Dion !

- REAL CLASS ! Enjoy them in what is probably their last season....

& FFS DON''T BOO!

Not every team can win every game, I truely believe that Grant has, on limited funds, built a much stronger squad with real potential.

Players who have genuine Class, players who want to play for NCFC and others who will prove very good buys for the money paid.

I think he''s done really well in difficult circumstances -with better fortune,and the team learning to play more cohesively and with the support really supporting them ....

who knows?!

I''ve a sneaking feeling we''re moving in the right direction

-UPWARDS 

ktf

OTBC,

SING UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote user="ricky knight"]you forgot to mention the fans who live in dreamland.[/quote]

Can''t say about Norwich supporters (although there is one avid girl in our house) but if the hapless Colchester slide to the Conference League I''ll still be supporting them and hoping they will climb out of it.

Wrong club, I guess.  Story of my life.

Sad Old Git.

Yes lets do a Sunderland sack Grant and spend millions , this Norwich side is poor 20th place if anything flatters us on our performances so far, to talk about finishing in the top 6 in just plain stupid . We just are not good enough .

[quote user="Polar1990"]

finally some reality!

spot on there CM, spot on.

We played well on saturday. just got unlucky or made some silly mistakes. theres room for improvement but the potential is there. the only thing letting us down at the moment are a group of fans to ignorant to stand up and support the club when things arent going so well. Smudger, cluck etc won''t support us while we aren''t doing well yet will probably start going to games when we are winnig week in week out. i was shocked on saturday at how quiet we were, we sung when we were winning and then sat in silence when we were losing. great method to success. in my opinion the problem at the moment is the fans, not the team which will gel and improve in time. nor the board but the fans out there who won''t support the club but will sit there with toys on the floor when things aren''t going well.

some people need to seriously consider whether they support the club or not. we are 20th at the moment but at this time last year we were second... and look how things changed... sunderland this time last year? i rest my case.

[/quote]

[:|] -Couldn''t have put my feelings better Polar1990

[quote user="ncfc1"]Yes lets do a Sunderland sack Grant and spend millions , this Norwich side is poor 20th place if anything flatters us on our performances so far, to talk about finishing in the top 6 in just plain stupid . We just are not good enough .[/quote]

I never said we would be Top 6. I just thought the title might get a response. However I believe we have the squad to be Top 6. As others have pointed out, it is the fans who are letting the club down at the moment. The silence after the equaliser on Saturday was deafening.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

But Cheeky, you monkeys love bananas.

Better look out for all those skins.

And I suppose in monkeyland our history started in 1995.

OTBC

[/quote]

Typical blablybly post, the subtle patronising post of usual "my names bly, I have been ''supporting'' Norwich since 1926 and anyone else who supported Norwich after that is not worthy and I don''t listen to them but patronise them"

Surprise at your age you can use a computer ha ha

[quote user="ricky knight"]you forgot to mention the fans who live in dreamland.[/quote]

if any of us lived in dreamland we would be anticipating the signings of ronaldinhio, kaka, ronaldo, joaquin, daniel alves and in the chase for drogba. we would of announced the pland for a new ground called the tartan terraces arena and just completed the quadruple after thrashing barcelona 11 - 1 with our central defender John Terry scored barcelona a consolation own goal to humour them right at the dead. not to mention winning the premiership at a canter and winning a few walkovers in the FA cup and League cup.

That, ricky is dreamland, having optimism for the new season is not and realism is to realise that we do infact have a team capable of the top 6. 

[quote user="biggleyellow"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]

Typical blablybly post, the subtle patronising post of usual "my names bly, I have been ''supporting'' Norwich since 1926 and anyone else who supported Norwich after that is not worthy and I don''t listen to them but patronise them"

[/quote]

lol

Being an older fan gives you more experience, it does mean you may have a clearer view of whats going on as you''ve seen it before.

However. Older fans used to watch a game that, sadly IMHO, no longer exists.

The games changed beyond recognition, which is maybe why some can''t recognise that.

there is absolutely no chance of norwich getting in the top 6.

you are all talking pants

OTBC

[/quote]

1998 Bly! 1995/6/7 were still the glorious benchmarking years you hold so dear [;)]

[quote user="megson"][quote user="biggleyellow"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

lol

Being an older fan gives you more experience, it does mean you may have a clearer view of whats going on as you''ve seen it before.

The games changed beyond recognition, which is maybe why some can''t recognise that.

[/quote]

Not in three years it hasn''t.  

[/quote]

1985 were my glory days. I was 15 and first on the pitch after Bruce scored against the Scum. I had to be first on the pitch as I was at the front and would have got crushed if I hadn''t jumped over.

As for 1995, I was living out of Norwich at the time and didn''t follow them because I couldn''t afford to get to the games every weekend. Am I embarrassed about that - no! Couldn''t care less. Why should I. I like to attend the games and support the team. If I can''t get there because I have a life outside of Naaarwich, or can''t afford it, or dare I say have others hobbies and commitments - then whoopie doo.

I would also like to point out that I have never said that NCFC will be top 6 this year. But they have the squad and potential to be in the top 6.

Wouldn''t it be great if the fans could get behind the team as supporters, instead of being pathetic whingers.

4 games in 4 points. So what. 126 points still left up for grabs ;o)

[quote user="Cheeky Monkey"]

Will Bristol City and Scunthorpe end up in the top 6? I doubt it. Will Sheffield United be 19th at the end of the season? I doubt it.

Everyone who is getting their knickers in a twist about the current position is bananas.

Grant has built a much stronger squad of players who WANT to play for Norwich City. I''ve not seen any lacklustre performances this year, unlike half of Etuhu and Safri''s games last year. Not to mention Colin, McVeigh, Thorne etc. Hughes gave it his all but sadly lacked in quality. 

Marshall, Brellier, Otsemobor, Russell and Cureton have all shown a passion for playing for the club. We have Murray, Smith and Huckerby coming back from injury.

It''s the start of the season and the team have two weeks to gel further before the Palace game. Give the team a chance and start encouraging instead of whinging.

[/quote] exactly spot on couldnt agree more, almosty exactly what i said in my post poor start but surely things can only get better, lets all get behind the team and stop whining so early on in the season, many a times has a team come from behind in a table to do well sunderland, man u several times (season when necastle where top and then united won it, same with the liverpool season when they were at top 17pts clear at christmas yet ma n u came from behind and won the division) now im not saying that were gonna win it but i have faith that the team will get better and the wins will come

[quote user="walks on water"]

[B] Good post -totally agree

and I think people all too easily forget the years following the sale of Sutton & Fox -crashing out of the Premiership ( how ridiculous Vinnie Jones prediction seemed at the time) and predating the inspired/lucky loans of Crouch,Harper & Huckerby.

In that context the signing of Huckerby, & the football we played en route to the Championship generated a euphoria that has raised the general expectations of what must be achieved. We have been spoiled

Just DON''T SIT BACK and DO SING YOUR HEART OUT SUPPORTING THE TEAM

YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT THEY MIGHT ACHIEVE WITH THE SUPPORTERS REALLY GETTING BEHIND THEM...

Y''know I rather think we''re very lucky to witness a talent (& legend) like Huckerby playing for NCFC. And Dion !

- REAL CLASS ! Enjoy them in what is probably their last season....

& FFS DON''T BOO!

Not every team can win every game, I truely believe that Grant has, on limited funds, built a much stronger squad with real potential.

Players who have genuine Class, players who want to play for NCFC and others who will prove very good buys for the money paid.

I think he''s done really well in difficult circumstances -with better fortune,and the team learning to play more cohesively and with the support really supporting them ....

who knows?!

I''ve a sneaking feeling we''re moving in the right direction

-UPWARDS 

ktf

OTBC,

SING UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/quote]

Quality post....... totally agree, what is the point of wanting a team to win and moaning and groaning lets get behind the lads, it will take time to gell and we need to be with the team not against them

[/quote]

Cheeky ,top post you sweet old boy , you too Polar , i believe city will be going up this year and i suppose i am one of those old timers you talk about .I saw my first match when i was 5 that was in 1955 . I hope i don''t come over like Uncle Albert in Fools and Horses ,you know "During the war"......I do hope i don''t bore anyone with my tales from the past, i can''t seem to help going back in time.[Y] arrdee.

[quote user="arrdee"][quote user="Cheeky Monkey"]

[/quote]

Cheeky ,top post you sweet old boy , you too Polar , i believe city will be going up this year and i suppose i am one of those old timers you talk about .I saw my first match when i was 5 that was in 1955 . I hope i don''t come over like Uncle Albert in Fools and Horses ,you know "During the war"......I do hope i don''t bore anyone with my tales from the past, i can''t seem to help going back in time.[Y] arrdee.

[/quote]

Nahh EVERYONE needs an Uncle Albert [;)]

[quote user="mystic megson"][quote user="megson"][quote user="biggleyellow"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

lol

[/quote]

Oh yes it has changed.  Gone are the days when the keeper could be shoulder charged over the line with the ball (and why not?) or when he could take a back pass or bounce the ball before directing it wherever.

Compared to when I started it is now out and out pansy stuff.  Still entertaining at best, of course, but pansy stuff nonetheless.

Just 25 quid a week maximum and still you dived at the feet of the forward, risking a fractured skill in the process.

John Thompson died on the pitch doing that for Celtic when the power strike from Sam English (no lightweight boots then) killed him stone dead when English missed the ball and hammered Thompson''s forehead instead.

[/quote]

[quote user="camuldonum"][quote user="mystic megson"][quote user="megson"][quote user="biggleyellow"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

lol

[/quote]

Oh yes it has changed.  Gone are the days when the keeper could be shoulder charged over the line with the ball (and why not?) or when he could take a back pass or bounce the ball before directing it wherever.

Compared to when I started it is now out and out pansy stuff.  Still entertaining at best, of course, but pansy stuff nonetheless.

Just 25 quid a week maximum and still you dived at the feet of the forward, risking a fractured skill in the process.

John Thompson died on the pitch doing that for Celtic when the power strike from Sam English (no lightweight boots then) killed him stone dead when English missed the ball and hammered Thompson''s forehead instead.

[/quote][/quote]

Yes, that may be so Calum, but it''s not what they''re talking about.

Their essential thesis is that a little club like Norwich is these days (according the NCFC Board) can''t expect to be a consistent lower Prem side or at least a yoyo side ''because the game has changed and it ain''t fair any more'', whereas we old codgers, negative thinkers and purveyors of snide remarks know better and tend to benchmark our status of the ''60s, ''70s, ''80s and early ''90s as what can again be the norm. And, of course, they also contend that Delia and her lieutenants are trying their very, very best - good souls one and all.

The fact is that apart from the Prem top 4 their theses is arrant nonsense. We have consistently done it before, we operate in the 5th richest league in the world, we have a monoploy on the Norfolk resource base, and have near capacity attendances every match.

My contention is the the current NCFC board have successfully and deliberatley dumbed down supporter expectations to cover up their own incompetence in achieving anything remotely approaching consistent success on the field over the past 12 years. And too many of our newer fans have bought into this paradigm. You know, we are the underdogs in the Championship now having beem set upon and taken advantage of by all those non-top 4 Prem clubs and those ambitious so-and-so''s in the upper reaches of our league.

If leadership can''t induce success the they must be pressured and critiqued relentlessly until they either deliver or resign. Simple really, albeit not to the simple.

Of course we must all get behind our team at matches, but critique relentlessly until they, the coaching staff and the NCFC board get it right.

OTBC

[/quote]

For goodness sake, stop moaning about moaners. I''m fed up with it. Get back to La La land and the well honed skill of most posters on this MB of self-delusion.   

5 posts and the same style of reply as several other totally independent posters on this forum.....trying to think of the word, and it begins with T.....

[quote user="Old Salt"][quote user="Cheeky Monkey"]

[/quote]

For goodness sake, stop moaning about moaners. I''m fed up with it. Get back to La La land and the well honed skill of most posters on this MB of self-delusion.   

[/quote]

More to the point... Will Norwich City be in or around 16th place come the end of the season???

Very likely if the bookies and those realists amongst us are to be believed!!!

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][

My contention is the the current NCFC board have successfully and deliberatley dumbed down supporter expectations to cover up their own incompetence in achieving anything remotely approaching consistent success on the field over the past 12 years.OTBC

[/quote]

I agree and also know for a fact that Delia was in the tunnel when Diana died & behind a grassy knoll in Dallas ''63.

It never takes long before the doom merchants start posting.

We are constantly being told that this league is the toughest to get promoted from. We have the makings of a squad that could put us there or there abouts at the end of the season which is a long way away at the moment.

Yes we would all like to improve the squad through one or two key signings. According to the Pink Un article the loan window opens next week and I''m sure PG and BG are not just sitting around on their backsides thinking that the team cant be improve through one or two loan signings. However if too much is publised them more clubs would vie for the players concerned.

However a few good results will inspire confidence in the team and with  SUPPORT from us who knows where we can go, maybe the play offs or even automatic promotion.

It does take time and while we are moving in the right direction then we need to let the players have the time to prove themselves and then hopefully the doom boys can shut up!