Sign in to follow this  
H4H

YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE

Reading through all of these posts, I couldn’t really believe all the negative tripe I was reading!!! Almost every post is negative!!! If you’re not blaming the manager your blaming the players if it’s not the players it’s the bored if it’s not the bored its something else!!!

Norwich City is a fantastic football club!!!! We have a loyal supporting bored who have backed PG well this summer!!! Of course they want us in the top flight as much as we do, but at the same time the football club is a business!!! We need to be set up well finically before we strive for the premiership again!!! Don’t forget they are Norwich fans as well!!! I wouldn’t stand up in front of 26000 fans and shout down a micro-phone, however many glasses of champagne I may have had!!

I thought on Saturday we played some excellent football!!! Some of the best I have seen us play since that dreaded day at craven cottage!!! Apart from a couple of mistakes at the back and not great judgment from PG at times, we did well. They will learn from there mistakes and only get stronger!!! We have a good squad, and have been unlucky with injuries but hopefully we will bounce back.

I am guessing this post will get a lot of criticism!!! But I strongly believe that as a club we are heading in the right direction, we just need to stick together!!!

Come on you yellows!!!

If you think we have a good Squad and Board, good luck to you pal, but dont have a pop at us who dont we are entitled to voice our opinion and i happen to think this bunch of players is not good enough, Grant has alot to prove and this Board are so tight, they would not give a door a bang.

your post is spot on in my opinion, i have said this but everyone jumps on my back saying because you dont support norwich your speakign garbish!

it is a business as you said i remember one fan saying we got 8m splash lets get this bloke lets get this bloke, i was person saying you would hold back your money until jan, and at  the moment i am correct, n iv said this all along, as you will pinch the next billy sharp who appears etc..

i beleive norwich will come midtable this year and long invest wisely and give youngsters/hungry players a good run out this season when your likely not to go up, everyone will be ready for next season to push for playoffs or more!

quite frankly the teams going up should be sheffutd charlton and watford, with amount money they picked up last season n this year!

now oli you wont get slated now itll be me lol

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

yeah yeah whatever...  look at leeds, look at leeds... we don''t want to do a leeds..  whatever the hell that is....

We don''t want to do a Ipswich... or a Derby...  no wait, yes we do ...

[/quote]

‘We don’t want to do an Ipswich!!!!!’ What the hell is that supposed to mean!!!! Another example of mindless useless chat!!!

And as for Derby who had a lucky season last season, they are fast becoming the whipping boys of the Premiership!!! Given the choice I would rather hold of for a year or two build a squad, of which PG is doing and then be prepared for a good fight for when that time comes.

CJF your living in fantasy land!!!

rather be whipping boys in the prem, than the championship, because thats what we are ending up as.I see we are giving a trial to a fellah let go by a swiss team for goodness sake and if he is any good why a trial. More ambition, lets all be happy.

[quote user="Oli"]

‘We don’t want to do an Ipswich!!!!!’ What the hell is that supposed to mean!!!! Another example of mindless useless chat!!!

And as for Derby who had a lucky season last season, they are fast becoming the whipping boys of the Premiership!!! Given the choice I would rather hold of for a year or two build a squad, of which PG is doing and then be prepared for a good fight for when that time comes.

[/quote]

Doing an ipswich is getting relegated, going into administration, raping your local businesses, followed by a couple of years making the play-offs followed by finishing above us.

Derby - Lucky??  What fantasy land are you living in matey?  They hired and backed a PROVEN manager at this level of a far higher calibre than our own.  We could have signed and backed him had Worthy gone in the summer - It wasn''t to be.

As for this  ''Given the choice I would rather hold of for a year or two build a squad, of which PG is doing and then be prepared for a good fight for when that time comes.'' 

Wake up and get into the real world of football in 2007, it doesn''t work like that anymore......  Are you on our board by any chance??

As for Premier League whipping boys, as I remember it we had barely won a game until the last 5 or 6 matches of the season.

We have spent peanuts again this summer and i am sorry if you dont agree but i feel this season is going to be one long relegation battle , we have gone from Ashton to Earnshaw to our main stiker now being Cureton , thats not ambition to me and nor is signing endless freebies . As a team we are probably worse now than our neighbours and that takes some doing just a couple of years after being in the top flight .

yeah yeah whatever...  look at leeds, look at leeds... we don''t want to do a leeds..  whatever the hell that is....

[/quote]

Is this the same Ipswich that are some £30M+ in debt, don''t own their own ground etc?  We might not be in a great place right now, but would you really want to take them as a role model?

Thank you Oli, finally someone is realistic on here. The board blatently care about NCFC nearly as much as we do! Peter Grant hasn''t had a chance to do his job yet and the players haven''t had a chance to prove themselves yet. Let''s get behind the team to give them the best chance of success. All together now, KICK IT OFF......

Oli,spot on m8we made mistakes saturday, but in that first 35mins....we were exellent and nobody would be complaining....and yes i agree with the point about money....its a business. 1 which needs to keep afloat. ppl talk about big signings but never remember the cost alongside the cost of brining a big name in, sign on fees, agents fees, wages etc.....we will have to look for the good youngsters, note my thread on "academy"grant has built a base of his ideal side......something to build on and add flare to. (and maybe a few more scotsman lol)

These posts really are beyond a joke now.  Criticising people just because they have a different opinion. 

What is the purpose of the post?

That we all must pull together?  What rubbish, in all walks of life people have different opinions, I am an extremely passionate Norwich City supporter, however I am critical of the board and YES the two do go together.

To try and get me to change my opinion? which will never happen as a result of a thread like this.

I therefore conclude that these posts have no purpose whatsoever, other than to criticse other people for their views?

I know within threads that people have different opinions and debate, but to start up a thread with the sole purpose of criticising people because their opinion is different from yours is ridiculous.

Mods can you please explain why posts like this are continually allowed? 

I mean what next?  Should I start a thread titled -

"you know who you are"

The body of the thread could be -

To everyone who has a different opinion to me regarding Norwich City FC, you need to realise that your opinions are obviously untrue, and that by having a different opinion to me you are having an adverse effect on this board, causing unrest, and having a detrimental effect on the team''s performance.  You must therefore see that what I say is true and agree with me, and that if we all pull together we will see the rewards in the team''s performance on the pitch.

It is my opinion that these so called positive posters in posting threads like this, cause more than their fair share of unrest.

And finally, having a positive or negative outlook on this board, does not affect the teams performance on the pitch.  Yes there may be one player who reads this board but come on.  And saying things like "we must pull together" please explain WHY?

Good posts Oli and W8WBAProblem is many fans want success at any cost immediately. They dont want to take the current football economy into account and a long term business view, which may be as simple as keeping your head above water for as long as you can.Ok, so you may say that Delia has had her ten years and its time for a change and there is merit in this argument. But in the current environment where the Premiership is bleeding the other leagues dry, the average Championship club are without rich benefactors and we are in an annual £40m lottery. We need to be realistic. I don''t like what''s going on at the moment but, looking at the big

picture, most other teams in the Championship are in the same boat and

basically are as crap as we are.And it''s not about managers - many are at best average. The one decent person we''ve had in recent years was pushed out by Robert Chase. That was a massive point for us. Hindsight mistakes have been made since then, eg not taking more risks when we went up and then subsequently came down. But they were valid decisions and could have worked. There isn''t a replacement for Grant waiting in the wings in the same way as Grant was never a decent replacement for Worthington. W8WBA is right, we''ll see where we are in December and then if we think there''s a risk worth taking, we''ll do it (welcome back Robert Earnshaw! hahaha)The only thing that will change this situation long term is sorting out football from the top and they can start with telling the big four clubs to sod off.

i have to admit i get annoyed reading some of teh posts on here, the negative especially, but when people try to defend players, like chris brown against cardiff, that annoys me as well, i would like to have a very happy forum and a very good team, but until Noriwhc city football club is perfect that can not happen, and since no club is perfect at any level people have to let out there frustration.i try not to moan but my opinion is mine and i can say it on here. and every one has one, good or bad, you can dissagre get angerd by it or think it is the truth.there is a very anooying person who sits behinde me at the footy (imo) but i have just realised that she is just expressing her view even though i never agree with it, i hope people take not of this short speech, and seek its true message.

[/quote]don''t forget to add notts forest to the list.

[quote user="buddhaboy"]Oli,spot on m8we made mistakes saturday, but in that first 35mins....we were exellent and nobody would be complaining....and yes i agree with the point about money....its a business. 1 which needs to keep afloat. ppl talk about big signings but never remember the cost alongside the cost of brining a big name in, sign on fees, agents fees, wages etc.....we will have to look for the good youngsters, note my thread on "academy"grant has built a base of his ideal side......something to build on and add flare to. (and maybe a few more scotsman lol)[/quote]perhaps you need to read the pinkun front page. one of our promising youngsters has negotiated his own release from carrow road and looks like signing for a scottish club.We can''t even keep our youngsters now. PG must go.GRANT OUT

Good post Oli, but you realise that according to this board you are not a true supporter unless you slag off the club, board and players at every opportunity, don''t you.

OTBC.

[quote user="ncfc1"]We have spent peanuts again this summer and i am sorry if you dont agree but i feel this season is going to be one long relegation battle , we have gone from Ashton to Earnshaw to our main stiker now being Cureton , thats not ambition to me and nor is signing endless freebies . As a team we are probably worse now than our neighbours and that takes some doing just a couple of years after being in the top flight .[/quote]

lol wont I ever laugh when JC is scoring goals for fun and we are doing well.  You see the one thing that Jamie has got that Earnie didnt have is both passion and commitment for NCFC.  Give me JC any day over the likes of Mr ''Iwannaearnbig'' Earnshaw who had no commitment to our club and no passion whatsoever in wearing the yellow and green shirt.

[quote user="Oli"]

Reading through all of these posts, I couldn’t really believe all the negative tripe I was reading!!! Almost every post is negative!!! If you’re not blaming the manager your blaming the players if it’s not the players it’s the bored if it’s not the bored its something else!!!

Norwich City is a fantastic football club!!!! We have a loyal supporting bored who have backed PG well this summer!!! Of course they want us in the top flight as much as we do, but at the same time the football club is a business!!! We need to be set up well finically before we strive for the premiership again!!! Don’t forget they are Norwich fans as well!!! I wouldn’t stand up in front of 26000 fans and shout down a micro-phone, however many glasses of champagne I may have had!!

I thought on Saturday we played some excellent football!!! Some of the best I have seen us play since that dreaded day at craven cottage!!! Apart from a couple of mistakes at the back and not great judgment from PG at times, we did well. They will learn from there mistakes and only get stronger!!! We have a good squad, and have been unlucky with injuries but hopefully we will bounce back.

I am guessing this post will get a lot of criticism!!! But I strongly believe that as a club we are heading in the right direction, we just need to stick together!!!

Come on you yellows!!!

[/quote]

top post.cant belive people on here really think the board are going to sack grant,the season we went up we were in pretty much the same position as we ar enow.teams dont gel over night.everyone stop panicking,get behind the team through thick and thin,too much expectation.we have come a long way in a short space of time.

[quote user="Oli"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Derby had a lucky season? Well in that case we had a lucky season when we went up and made the play offs so in your head we have had crap seasons since the Delia and co reign?

[quote]We have spent peanuts again this summer and i am sorry if you dont

agree but i feel this season is going to be one long relegation battle

, we have gone from Ashton to Earnshaw to our main stiker now being

Cureton , thats not ambition to me and nor is signing endless freebies .[/quote]I don''t understand how you can equate the transfer value of a player to their quality.  Players often become free because they negotiate better deals for themselves as a result of seeing out their contracts, as I have no doubt that Semmy did when he came to us.  We missed out on league 1s'' top scorer for 2 million, and bought the Championships'' top scorer for approx. 750k.  So far that 2 million pound player hasn''t scored a goal for his new club.  Luke Varney, another 2 million pound player we missed out on, hasn''t scored either. Cureton has scored 4.  I expect Cureton will score 15-20 goals this season, I''d say that the other 2 are more speculative purchases.  I''m guessing that Sharp or Varney would have been ambitious purchases in your eyes, the big price tag out there for all to see.  I''m also guessing that if we had signed either of them, we might have bought 1 more player and that would have been the sum total of our purchases for the summer.  Would that have pleased you ?

i would take quality over quantity anytime. usually clubs say if a player is not better than what you have, dont sign them, most of our signings, not all, are no better than what we have imo.

[quote user="Dicky"]

Good post Oli, but you realise that according to this board you are not a true supporter unless you slag off the club, board and players at every opportunity, don''t you.

OTBC.

[/quote]

"According to this board you are not a true supporter unless you slag of this club etc " --------  do me a favour Dicky : either show us the proof for this ridiculous claim or just stop making it !

IMO we have bought (or borrowed, or acquired on a free) both quality and commitment, and the Cardiff game seemed to support that (the two cock-ups excepted). But it didn''t look that way in the previous three games I have to admit. We''ll have to see over the longer haul. It''s OK to have reservations, isn''t it?  Or am I being negative?

[quote user="ricky knight"]i would take quality over quantity anytime. usually clubs say if a player is not better than what you have, dont sign them, most of our signings, not all, are no better than what we have imo.[/quote]The trouble with that is that you end up paying an absolute fortune in wages to someone like Earnshaw who then gets crocked for 3 months, and have to rely upon Chris Martin because of a lack of strength in depth.  Don''t get me wrong he looks a fantastic prospect, and did a great job, but what if he hadn''t ?

thing was we still got a great quota of goals out of earnie and any player can get injured, are Dave and Brown better than Martin, will any of these or Cureton score as many goals as Earnie, i dont think so, and i like Cureton, its just whatever you think of Earnie he is a quality goalscorer.

What if we hadnt had Earnshaw last season ?? relegation in all probability , you cannot replace class with poor players and expect to improve , Cureton is a 32 year old journeyman who had one good season in a massively overperforming side he is no Robert Earnshaw not by any stretch of the imagination . As for these players who are desperate to play for City , i wonder how desperate they would be say if Derby wanted them , they want whats best for them and thats the wage packet nothing more . Free payers yes you can get some bargains if the player has refused to sign a new contract at his club , but apart from semi that isnt the case , Fotheringham had no club , Murray was unwanted at Rangers ,the Cameroon guy has no club , it stinks of doing things on the dirt cheap .

[quote user="ncfc1"]

What if we hadnt had Earnshaw last season ?? relegation in all probability , you cannot replace class with poor players and expect to improve , Cureton is a 32 year old journeyman who had one good season in a massively overperforming side he is no Robert Earnshaw not by any stretch of the imagination . As for these players who are desperate to play for City , i wonder how desperate they would be say if Derby wanted them , they want whats best for them and thats the wage packet nothing more . Free payers yes you can get some bargains if the player has refused to sign a new contract at his club , but apart from semi that isnt the case , Fotheringham had no club , Murray was unwanted at Rangers ,the Cameroon guy has no club , it stinks of doing things on the dirt cheap .

[/quote]

A very good point made ncfc. Im giving all of PGs signings a chance as i believe Lappin has started to show a bit and Fotheringham before his injury but whats to say any of these players have total commitment and loyalty towards us? If any of the signings prove the quality whos to say they wont do an Earnie at the end of season or even January and yes that inclueds JC.