Sign in to follow this  
USAcanary

"'I think we've got a lot more quality than the top two"

Can you believe Joe Royle said that after the defeat?
The numbers don`t lie.
Norwich goals conceded 28
WBrom goals conceded 30
Ipswich goals conceded 57

Norwich and West Brom play the kind of tight/compact/direct football that can get you out of the first division.

If it was true that Ipswich has much more quality than the top two what does that say about Joe Royle?
He must be doing a terrible job if he really has the best team!

you got to admire the bloke , he''s certainly convincing old david sheepshanks...........
kinda reminds me of a phrase your''d say if your clinging to your job.........

but how about this for a phrase:-

The League position dosen''t lie!

i couldnt agree with you more mate!! what a bad loser joe royal is.all season he has been going on about how much better ipswich are than any one else in the leugue,when the truth of the matter is that the scum lay in 7th place and out of the play offs!! personally i hope never to see royals ugly mug at carrow road ever again.by the way just saw carl cort driving the 96bus from yarmouth to dereham!

That''s what he is paid to say

Not being the countries brightest fans the binners will fall for any old tosh as long as it sounds good.

Witness his endless search for a loan player. It''s never going to happen, they haven''t a pot to hiss into. Yet Fat Joe keeps churning it out Mr Micawber style - and when it comes to the end of the season and the sit hits the fan the bloated one will be out of poorman rd faster than Andy Marshall off to the bank with his pay cheque.

If they don''t get promotion, so their prospectus goes, they will have to sell players in the summer to stave of adminstration. Who ? I hear you ask.

Despite Fat Joe''s claims of quality I can hardly see his bunch of inexperienced youth, failing no hopers and lower league cast offs attracting any interest anywhere.

Without being able to clear out this supposed ''quality'' the only interest they''ll get will be on the ever mounting debt at poorman rd.

Oh dear.

I think Ipswich do have quite a lot of quality, more than most, actually. But it''s not the sort of quality you need to get promotion from division 1. They huffed and puffed, and made lots of nice passing patterns, but don''t seem to have the testicular fortitude necessary to fight their way out of this division.

these people who go on about pretty football fail to realise that quality football involves defending well and putting the ball in the back of the net -all the good build up play counts for nothing. ok, we were lucky not to be behind at half time but we stuck to our guns and took our chances - quality stuff. you can always be sure that royal will moan about something - i am always pretty suspicious of public moaners, something Worthy rarely does.

Well said mistersparkle! It also seems that BFJ has got his players singing from the same hymnsheet - witness Mr. Wilnis'' comments in The Pink''un this morning. Well, if we are not good enough, Mr. Wilnis, then what does that make you? Worthy has learned in the past few years that it takes more than pretty passing moves to get out of this god-forsaken division. Isn''t it time your manager woke up and smellt the coffee? (Despite all the comments on tv and in the press, it is interesting that a lot of the Town fans don''t seem to be buying into the culture of excuses. Have a look on TWTD and you''ll see what I mean).

I seriously think big joe should be sectioned, ''cause he''s fully in denial of how bad his team really is. Fair enough, they got the better of us in the first half, but that''s only part of the game. Last time i went, imagine my surprise when i came out for the second half. that''s right. another full 45 minutes of footie. If the best excuse you can come up with is that the opposition has too much paint on their goal posts, otherwise you''d have been 2 up, well, that to me stinks of desperation and a man who''s fully aware that come the end of the season, his employers are in administration, and he''s off to take up the vacant post at Cowdenbeath.

I am astonished by the non local paper reports today and by the rubbish spouting out from the Tractor Boys. Willnis "You need 15 new players" Yeah whatever Fab we played some of our worst football of the season yesterday and still won comfortably in the end (was he not in failed popsters Milli Vanilli??). Royle "Not enough quality in the team and we are much better than the top two" It quite obviously isnt true looking at the table and I think if you looked at the players each team has i dont think many people would pick the blue scum players...
Huckerby Vs Bent Home Win
Svensson Vs Conuago Home Win
Green Vs Davis Home Win
Edworthy vs Willnis Home Win

Spotted the pattern yet??

Yes we need some players when we go up (and we are going up Mr Royle) but we are still a class apart from the bunch of has beens down the road

Royle''s desperation is most eloquently evidenced by the speed with which he sought to blame somebody else for yesterday''s defeat. Kuqi''s defending on the set piece goals was poor, but to name him and shame him in this way is shoddy. You couldn''t imagine Worthy blaming a player for a derby-day defeat in this public manner - it would be sorted out in the dressing room. It could destroy a player''s career at the club.
And, in any case, why was Kuqi put in that position in the first place? Given that Malkay has given them so much trouble in the air in the past, one might have expected one of the big centre-backs to pick him up. Doesn''t the buck stop with Royle himself if these things are not properly planned for on the training ground? After all, it was hardly rocket science that Malkay would be the main target at set pieces.