Sign in to follow this  
followthegreenandyellow

THE IMPORTANT GOALS EVERYONE FORGETS! CHECK THIS OUT!

ok, so we all know there have been times when a really important goal has been scored that never really ever gets mentioned. i think it would be interesting to see which goal you all think was really important but that is never really thought about, get me? ill start

Brian Mcgoverm VS Tranmere - the goal that pretty much kept us in the division at one point, the goal where he went up front and ran through the defence to trip over and score!  (sounds like a certain def we have)

any others???

I remember that, but i also remember thinking that, although it got us over the 50 pt mark, we were still fairly comfortable for staving off relegation even if he hadn''t scored as there were a few games left.

Any goal from our Play-Off season, including McVeigh''s consolation when we got beaten 4-1 at home to bradford. Mackay''s goal vs rotherham to send us 6th on goals scored from burnley, (also remember gazza hitting the post for them in the dying seconds, which would have put us 7th!

Francis last minute thunderbolt vs west brom to make us win a dire game 3-2, (i went mental!)

Neil Adams last minute goal vs leeds at home in 94/95 season to win the game 2-1. (important to me being from near leeds, meant for once(at the time!) i could take the mick out of my leeds fan mates!)

Darel Russell vs Cheltenham in extra time to avoid humiliation from thenewest team in the football league at the time.

Ashley Ward getting his hat-trick late on in the 90 mins to make it 3-3 vs Bradford in the cup when we beat them 5-3 (a.e.t) with Jamie Lawrence fresh out of prison playing for them in the best game i''ve ever been to!

Me netting past bryan gunn in the warm up to our game vs huddersfield away in 95/96 season. Incidentally Martin O''Neills last game managing us!

NOT EVEN NORWICH  GOALS...........................

Wednesday 21 April, 2004 Sunderland lost 3-0 to Crystal Palace.

PARTY TIME AT CARROW ROAD! WE ARE PROMOTED!!

I thought it was Lee Marshall that saved us from embarassment at that game in Cheltenham, celebrating in front of us as if we''d just won the FA Cup....?

Or is it me?

2-0 down at Sheff Utd with about 15 minutes to go after a run of  14 matches without a win Easter Saturday 1998. Lose and we were in the bottom three with 4 games to go. Bellamy then super Chris Llewellyn get us a point. Two 5-0 home wins later and we were in mid table. But in my mind it is the McGovern goal and the brilliant celebration scrum after that is the best unsung goal ever. One other - Mckenzie at MK Dons in the last minute of extra time to avoid losing another shoot out with Green in goal, mainly cos I had travelled back from Belgium just for the game.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]

Me netting past bryan gunn in the warm up to our game vs huddersfield away in 95/96 season. Incidentally Martin O''Neills last game managing us!

[/quote]

Perhaps these events are actually connected... maybe O''Neill thought "This lot really are useless, I''m out of here"...

[;)]

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="Jimmy Smith"]

[/quote]

Perhaps these events are actually connected... maybe O''Neill thought "This lot really are useless, I''m out of here"...

[;)]

[/quote]

He left cos the board wouldnt spare half a million for Dean Windass, i believe! To think he''s still banging them in 11 years later!

Lol, marshall was putting some good balls in tho, for someone who couldn''t kick!

There''s a few players that day, who have gone to play higher level/ could have

Marshall

Eadie

A Johnson

Ward

Akinbyi

None of the huddersfield lot ever did owt!