Sign in to follow this  
BBFF

Supporters returning season tickets

w8wba talks sense here bless him [;)]

Truth is we have too many season ticket holders who only renew for fear of not being able to get to games otherwise. In the past season ticket holders were people who wanted to go to every game regardless of performance, league position, quality of football, the nationality of the manager, the sex of the majority shareholders, in fact sheep in the true sense of the word! [;)] So now we end up with people going to games that for many reasons they would have chosen to miss as casual fans. And then we get posts on here about not renewing season tickets and if its this early in the season sending them back.

Each time the season ticket numbers drop I wish the club would cap the number until it drops to a realistic level. Then there would be more tickets for casual sales when the team was doing well, and loads of empty spaces to send a message to the bored [|-)] when the team was doing badly. And more importantly for me there would only be people in the ground who want to be there, because just like Peter Grant has tried to get players who want to play for the club we would have fans who want to support them. If that''s only 12,000 then so be it.

what does the club expect?? with little ambition and average players signed? just look out earnshaw 3.5 m replaced with cuerton 700k? safri 300k also out 1 of our best players. then we see etu go 1.5m replaced with russell 600k.also shrivanka 800k. we sold 5.3m in earnshaw, safi, etu and spent around 2m on cuerton, shrivanka and russell. wheres the other 3m gone?????????

we still have money left from ashton surley? 7.25m we got earnie 3.5m so wheres that cash gone? dont blame the gates we still get 24,000 a game!!!!

the club says we have improved with 8 new signings but we have released as many players too. Are squad last season was to small and this season i really dont see much more improvement, we need a quality centre half, creative midfielder and another 20 goal a season striker.

outs this season... hughes 100k, colin free, louis jean free, thorne free, mcveigh free, henderson free, etu 1.5m, earnshaw 3.5m, safri 300k, gallagher loan, jarvis loan,...thats 9 players and 5.4m gained!!! and two loaned!!!

in this season.... ostomobor free, murray free, brellier free, russell 600k, cuerton 750k, shrivanka 750k, marshall 800k, gilks free, smith loan, ... thats 8 players around 2.9m bought and 1 player on loan!!!

maybe ive missed some players in or out but by my reckoning we still have at least 2m to spend on the sale of the players this season that doesnt include the cash the club must have put to one side for the purchase of new players this season unless there was none!!!!  what do others think??? thanks

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Truth is we have too many season ticket holders who only renew for fear of not being able to get to games otherwise. In the past season ticket holders were people who wanted to go to every game regardless of performance, league position, quality of football, the nationality of the manager, the sex of the majority shareholders, in fact sheep in the true sense of the word! [;)] So now we end up with people going to games that for many reasons they would have chosen to miss as casual fans. And then we get posts on here about not renewing season tickets and if its this early in the season sending them back.

Each time the season ticket numbers drop I wish the club would cap the number until it drops to a realistic level. Then there would be more tickets for casual sales when the team was doing well, and loads of empty spaces to send a message to the bored [|-)] when the team was doing badly. And more importantly for me there would only be people in the ground who want to be there, because just like Peter Grant has tried to get players who want to play for the club we would have fans who want to support them. If that''s only 12,000 then so be it.

[/quote]

Superb nutty  [*][*][*][*][*]  [:D]

If I could:

(a) Afford it.

(b) Could make the night games.

I''d have two season tickets tomorrow (mrs wiz and me) because I still believe in the club. But as a member, I am grateful as at the moment, I can make the games of my choice............for now at least!!.

OTBC

Tommy - they''re just numbers unless you put them into the overall context of running a business.  You want to know where the moneys'' gone ?  Try the 7 million pound deficit from having no Sky money this season for starters.  The Turners were brought in because their 2 million pound loan meant that no players would have to be sold.  Players that were here still chose to leave though.  6 of the 9 players that are on your list of outs very rarely played for the first team.  Getting them off the payroll is very good business.Did you expect the club to spend all their money in the summer ?  I expected them to save some for Xmas.

[quote user="tommy"]

what does the club expect?? with little ambition and average players signed? just look out earnshaw 3.5 m replaced with cuerton 700k? safri 300k also out 1 of our best players. then we see etu go 1.5m replaced with russell 600k.also shrivanka 800k. we sold 5.3m in earnshaw, safi, etu and spent around 2m on cuerton, shrivanka and russell. wheres the other 3m gone?????????

we still have money left from ashton surley? 7.25m we got earnie 3.5m so wheres that cash gone? dont blame the gates we still get 24,000 a game!!!!

the club says we have improved with 8 new signings but we have released as many players too. Are squad last season was to small and this season i really dont see much more improvement, we need a quality centre half, creative midfielder and another 20 goal a season striker.

outs this season... hughes 100k, colin free, louis jean free, thorne free, mcveigh free, henderson free, etu 1.5m, earnshaw 3.5m, safri 300k, gallagher loan, jarvis loan,...thats 9 players and 5.4m gained!!! and two loaned!!!

in this season.... ostomobor free, murray free, brellier free, russell 600k, cuerton 750k, shrivanka 750k, marshall 800k, gilks free, smith loan, ... thats 8 players around 2.9m bought and 1 player on loan!!!

maybe ive missed some players in or out but by my reckoning we still have at least 2m to spend on the sale of the players this season that doesnt include the cash the club must have put to one side for the purchase of new players this season unless there was none!!!!  what do others think??? thanks

[/quote]

all clubs do this now look at kilmarnock sold there pride n joy in naismith for 2m, they not spending a penny of it

clubs do that alot and to be fair you bought in 8-9 players, which hell of alot seems most of those are fighting for 1st team places, and i know you recieved a few big fees but not many clubs will spend 3m on the squad all season except prob 3 come down wolves n wba!

and as i keep saying you are holding some back for next jan and hoping theyre is another billy sharp type star in league 1

also seems silly give grant say 6m if he starts bad n get sacked a new manager may not rate any of the 6m worth of talent

if you going throw your season ticket away least do it in style how sunderland n newcastle have done by running on pitch n throwing it

i remember the other year wolves couldnt go up/get playoffs after 2nd from end home game, n fan throw book away acting all hard, we was all like what the f**k theres one game left!! which all fairness he was prob on hols then

[/quote]

Agree with you on that one. NCFC is now followed by too many spectators who are not fans. You can still be a fan and critical of your team at the same time.

We barely broke even last year. Now we have no parachute payments, the lack of income had to be covered somewhere. That is where the ''missing M£2 has gone. I suspect the wage bill is lower this year, so hopefully we can break even again, and then actually begin to use any transfer profit into further transfers.

[quote user="tommy"]

[/quote]

Half of your figures are incorrect or guesses (for example we got no where near £1.5 for Etuhu because of Preston''s sell on clause, but then again we didn''t pay nanywhere near £600k for Russell because of our sell on clause) which makes this a very weak argument. You have also ignored the loss of the parachute payment that costs c£7million.

You can see that the squad is deeper, if not stronger, by the fact even with injuries & illness we still haven''t needed to throw the kids in.

Just to set the record straight on this - at least as far as the waiting list etc. is concerned, I was at the SCG meeting on Monday and this was the very latest:

Season ticket sales 19590 (capped at 20,000)

410 season tickets still available

Waiting list stands at 514 - seems bizarre I know but all these people have been contacted by the club but have not yet exercised their option to take a ticket. They have paid Â£50 to get on the waiting list. These people are presumably just sitting back and hoping that (one dim and distant day), we may get back in The Premier and then they would buy a ticket (if any were available).

There IS still a waiting list (if you want to join it) but there also season tickets available but very few.

the point about the Direct Debit is interesting though. After all you are far more likely to return your ticket if you''re paying monthly on an interest free basis than if you have shelled out all the cash upfront. A lot of season ticket holders are now on direct debit, so, potentially, if BBFF is right (in general terms) the club are exposed to not only falling attendances but also falling revenue (that has presumably been budgeted for in full?). However, unless the relatively mediocre start we''ve had turns into a full blown downward slump, I can''t  see many fans not sticking with it, can you?   

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="BBFF"]

A friend and a season ticket holder of 14 years told me today that he had contacted the club to stop his direct debit and returned his season ticket do to the FOOTBALL being played and how the club is run. [/quote]

bet he''ll be the first to whinge when he cant get a new one when Granty takes us up then eh?

jas :)

[/quote]When will Grant take us up Jas? Will it be with this team he''s built now? ;))

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

[quote user="Yellow Rider"]

Just to set the record straight on this - at least as far as the waiting list etc. is concerned, I was at the SCG meeting on Monday and this was the very latest:

Waiting list stands at 514 - seems bizarre I know but all these people have been contacted by the club but have not yet exercised their option to take a ticket. They have paid Â£50 to get on the waiting list. These people are presumably just sitting back and hoping that (one dim and distant day), we may get back in The Premier and then they would buy a ticket (if any were available).

There IS still a waiting list (if you want to join it) but there also season tickets available but very few.

the point about the Direct Debit is interesting though. After all you are far more likely to return your ticket if you''re paying monthly on an interest free basis than if you have shelled out all the cash upfront. A lot of season ticket holders are now on direct debit, so, potentially, if BBFF is right (in general terms) the club are exposed to not only falling attendances but also falling revenue (that has presumably been budgeted for in full?). However, unless the relatively mediocre start we''ve had turns into a full blown downward slump, I can''t  see many fans not sticking with it, can you?   

[/quote]

The longer the season goes on the less will jack in, but say we don''t win any of our next 4 games I wonder what would happen then???

There were lots of empty seats last Saturday, some S/T, most casual and the club said the crowd was over 24k, remember they count S/T''s even if they don''t turn up. Hard to know what to believe at Carrow Rd nowadays.

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST 

[quote user="Yellow Rider"]

[/quote]

There is no waiting list I know for a fact as I recently wanted to get my daughter a season ticket next to me and was told the seats next to me are sold on the seven game plan but my daughter could go on the waiting list for a seat next to me and that she was the only one on the waiting list.

Your own figures do not add up 410 season ticket available with a waiting list of 514. 

Sorry Grumpy but there is no inconsistency in the figures I was given - please read my explanation again.

The 514 on the waiting list have NOT exercised their right to buy a season ticket so the club are still offering what is left (the 410) to the public and quite rightly so. However, it does appear that the information the club gave you may have been at odds with what Andrew Cullen (Head - Sales & Marketing) told us at the meeting on Monday.

I will forward this query on to him for a full response so that it can hopefully be cleared up.

[quote user="Grumpy "][quote user="Yellow Rider"]

[/quote]

There is no waiting list I know for a fact as I recently wanted to get my daughter a season ticket next to me and was told the seats next to me are sold on the seven game plan but my daughter could go on the waiting list for a seat next to me and that she was the only one on the waiting list.

Your own figures do not add up 410 season ticket available with a waiting list of 514. 

[/quote]

Read Yellow Riders post again and try and see if you understand it!

how can people say we''ve ''lost the parachute money'' for 2007/2008 when we never had it?

Sure there''s a drop in annual income but without knowing the prices only the gullible would believe our net wage bill hasn''t dropped dramatically with the players offloaded in the past 3 seasons, and despite the ubiquitous inflated ''add-ons'' on buys and the ''deductions'' on sales, and the smokescreen of ''undisclosed'' transfer values we have dismally failed to reinvest enough of the profits from in the playing squad.

we have shipped one bunch of journeymen (Worthys) for another (Grants) and now have to wait...and wait....and wait....for them to either gel ...but more likely fail, so that we can repeat the cycle again.

1. I know a couple of people who are on the waiting lists but for some reason they can''t really go at the moment (i.e. too young, not able to go to all the games, live far away)2. Just because you don''t have a season ticket doesn''t mean you can''t go to loads of game, although it is more expensive it gives you flexibility and I''ll probably do it next season. I''ve done it before and it meant if I wasn''t well I didn''t have to go.3. Having more casuals would be better. Even a plymouth fan was taking the mick out of me saying carrow road has no atmosphere. Made me bit angry and frustrated.

Also. I hate the fact they changed the ticket office from a local (normal line) into an 0800 number. Damn them. I can''t stand it, it takes ages to get through. Least in the old days it took you ages but costs you near nothing.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

[quote]The FOOTBALL is good for about 20 mins some where in the our games but the quality of our players cant play like that for longer. I''m sorry to say they look like out of contract and frees but I will still give them 10 games before I will finally judge them.

One of our most promising youngsters Kurtis Byrne bought himself out of his contract to go to Hibernian. Hucks and Dion still look the best players we have and they are most probably in their last season. The long term future looks a lot bleaker than the past, on the pitch anyway. 20 thousand supporters want more than a nice starter and a free bottle of wine at Carrow Rd they want to see FOOTBALL they can applaud and a team that plays for the whole game but we wont get any of that until this board gets it into their NCPLC heads that they are running a FOOTBALL club and FOOTBALL is the only reason we turn up at Carrow Rd   ( Will that do you Nutty?)[/quote]

On "The Mitchell and Webb Look" on BBC2 the other night, they did a sketch based on a hospital drama where the writers hadn''t bothered to research anything medical - the result was doctors running around the place shouting things like "This patient is POORLY.  He should be OK though if I give him the RIGHT KIND of MEDICINE.  Here, try this.  Oh, no, that MEDICINE was the WRONG SORT.  Quick, get the ELECTRICAL thing that can make POORLY patients OK, but can also KILL PATIENTS who are OK.  Switched on ?  * Patient dies *.  Oh dear, turns out he was OK after all."

[;)]

[/quote]

Sounds familiar to me. Did they shout with a Scottish accent?

Maybe the sound track was done at Carrow Road?

OTBC

[/quote]

Good post Nutty.[:D]

Dad''s Army meets Animal Farm at last.

OTBC

OTBC

[/quote]

Totally agree Nutty.

Got to be honest there''s been plenty of games that have felt like a duty rather than a pleasure!

Yellow Rider makes a good point about the Direct Debit payments.

I wonder how this would affect the club?

I was always under the impressing that cancelling the DD and returning the ST wasn''t an option, you''d still be expected to pay for it, seems this isn''t the case.

Be a shame if this does end up affecting the books as its a great option for me, if the direct debit option wasn''t available i don''t think i''d have a season ticket. (or i''d have to do a lot of work on Mrs Megson to allow use of the savings and replace that each month instead ;-) )

[quote user="biggleyellow"][quote user="Smudger"]

Who can blame them???

Silly sods for buying them in the first place say I.... they signed us up for another season of absolute dross in doing so.... [:D]

[/quote]

We wouldn''t have expected any other comment from you would we?

How can you call us silly sods, if there was not us there would be no club, although I imagine you would not be too concerned if there was no Norwich.

Can''t actually believe that I responded to your usual dross of a response and I know I shouldn''t but jesus sometimes you really annoy me to the point, well I better not say.

[/quote]

Me with silly comments?

"Without us there would be no club"???   mmmm yes what a shame that Delia & Co do not realise that fact and take the majority/the gullible amongst us for granted and treat us with such contempt.

Hope you enjoy your season of pi$$ poor football... no better than 16th place again this year it looks like!!!!  [:D]

[quote user="camuldonum"][quote user="Smudger"]

Who can blame them???

Silly sods for buying them in the first place say I.... they signed us up for another season of absolute dross in doing so.... [:D]

[/quote]

Also silly sods for buying Maximo Park.  Mid table League Division I on a good season.

[/quote]

Please enlighten us with your musical tastes oh great one...

Am pretty sure that my CD collection looks a damn site healthier than yours mate!!!

[quote user="Fellas"]1

Also. I hate the fact they changed the ticket office from a local (normal line) into an 0800 number. Damn them. I can''t stand it, it takes ages to get through. Least in the old days it took you ages but costs you near nothing.
[/quote]

0800 numbers are free! Can''t win can they?

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="biggleyellow"][quote user="Smudger"]

Who can blame them???

[/quote]

We wouldn''t have expected any other comment from you would we?

How can you call us silly sods, if there was not us there would be no club, although I imagine you would not be too concerned if there was no Norwich.

Can''t actually believe that I responded to your usual dross of a response and I know I shouldn''t but jesus sometimes you really annoy me to the point, well I better not say.

[/quote]

Me with silly comments?

"Without us there would be no club"???   mmmm yes what a shame that Delia & Co do not realise that fact and take the majority/the gullible amongst us for granted and treat us with such contempt.

Hope you enjoy your season of pi$$ poor football... no better than 16th place again this year it looks like!!!!  [:D]

[/quote]

hate to say it but norwich will only be midtable at best at the moment! unless something drastic is done i.e new manager (although i believe grant worth at least till nxt xmas to be given far crack) or you buy some top players.

shame because norwich one of the bigger clubs in our league n deserve be in prem over some teams such as wigan

The sad fact is we''re not a big club. Never have been. Of course it

depends on what metric you use, yeah great support and attendances, but

in terms of winning things we''re pretty low, even compared to

Championship clubs. In terms of time spent at the highest level and

honours, Wolves, Sheff Utd, Sheff Wed, WBA, Southampton, Cov,

Palace,Leicester, Charlton, QPR and horribly  Ips**t are all

arguably bigger clubs. Agreed we could be a regular and solid Premier

league club with our support base, but all those other clubs could be

too.     

Sorry i meant to say an 0870 number, which is national rate. i.e. not included in free anytime/evening and weekend calls... Sigh.