Sign in to follow this  
BBFF

Supporters returning season tickets

A friend and a season ticket holder of 14 years told me today that he had contacted the club to stop his direct debit and returned his season ticket do to the FOOTBALL being played and how the club is run. The club wanted to know why he was jacking in his ticket because 4 other supporters had done the same thing that day.

There is now no waiting list, lots of empty seats at games, the club telling us there are season tickets if you want them and now season tickets are being returned. Lets hope NCPLC begin to realise that FOOTBALL supporters go to Carrow Rd for the FOOTBALL and nothing else.

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

Worrying news. My guess is people see the empty seats, and know they can get a ticket for any match they want without having to commit to a season ticket. Only on field success will turn this trend around.

I have a strange situation, as I work away a lot. This means I miss a lot of home games despite having my season tickets for me and son in the lower Barclay. It is not very economical for me, as I pay my £430, but only get to see maybe 13 home games a season. That works out over £30 each match, which is more than I would have to pay in single tickets as a member.

Recent years it has been essential to have the season ticket, and normally I gave my tickets to friends when I was away, but if space starts appearing it is something I have to consider also, not because the money is an issue, but if I can be guaranteed to see the games without paying so much, then why not?

The gates are just about the only positive NCFC has to hang on to right now, but I feel they are also showing the first signs of decline.

I live in hope our squad can start to perform to our expectations, and I''m sure that will turn it around and bring the feel good factor, and ticket demand back to Carrow Road. 

Who can blame them???

Silly sods for buying them in the first place say I.... they signed us up for another season of absolute dross in doing so.... [:D]

i think people are pethetic returining the tickets, they should never be sold another one, im not happy that we dont win as much as we are capeable of, or that we do not make 3-5 mill transfers evry summer, but i do not jack it in, i have supported the club since i knew what football was, and i could notbare to let it go even if we where in the confrence south in 4/5 years

[quote user="BBFF"]

A friend and a season ticket holder of 14 years told me today that he had contacted the club to stop his direct debit and returned his season ticket do to the FOOTBALL being played and how the club is run. The club wanted to know why he was jacking in his ticket because 4 other supporters had done the same thing that day.

There is now no waiting list, lots of empty seats at games, the club telling us there are season tickets if you want them and now season tickets are being returned. Lets hope NCPLC begin to realise that FOOTBALL supporters go to Carrow Rd for the FOOTBALL and nothing else.

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

[/quote]

Good for him!

If I contacted the club and stopped my direct debit I would be seriously out of pocket![:(] There are only two months left to pay and as your friend was a season ticket holder of 14 years I assume he would be in the same boat as me. So that''s £280 pound spent and 2 games seen, hardly a good deal [:''(] Still, each to their own [*-)]

Do you think the FOOTBALL being played is that bad BBFF?

[quote user="BBFF"]

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST
[/quote]A friend of mine told me today that Carrow road could do without the ever whinging, fair weather, so called supporters that have populated it over the last few years. He reckons that SHOUTING MUST COME FIRST

[quote user="BBFF"]

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST
[/quote]I know at least two other season ticket holders who are looking to return season tickets, I know one has a buyer so they''ll probably be at least one more returned to the club.The problem is I support this club thru thick and thin, I might not agree with the board or manager but could not possibly think of jacking it all in!City till i die - GRANT OUT

I won''t be returning mine but I was very tempted when I heard about Earnshaw but decided to stick with it as I optimistically thought Grant would bring in some quality replacements. Too early to say if this is the case but can''t say I have ,at present, a great deal of faith in messrs Russell, Brellier, Brown and Chadwick they may yet prove me wrong I hope so. Though I have to say the football on the whole has been an improvement on last season in my opinion. Problem for me is they never look as if they are capable of really beating anyone and making it reasonably comfortable. I even got a bit twitchy at the Barnet game because I am convinced if they had got back to 5-2 at half time they might well have forced extra time or even won it we disintegrated so badly.

If the performances and more importantly the results do not improve drastically ( and I mean a comfortable finish in the top 10 at least) I certainly will not re-new next year. My lad wanted to go to a few away games this season but after the Hull result  and poor performance we both decided no way. All the years I have followed City I cannot remember ever worrying about relegation when we have been in this division, I do now, I think it is a distinct possibility. We have poor management at all levels in my view, mainly those above Grant.

As BBFF wrote we go to see the football nothing else not interested in restaurants and hotels I appreciate they generate revenue but the club seem to think we are in awe and proud of this side of the business. They have got it completely wrong.

[quote user="BBFF"]

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

[/quote]

I cant imagine anyone at the club telling a fan how many season tickets have been returned!!

Also hope if anyone does return it that they don''t get any money back, its like paying to go to a show and if you don''t think its very good after the first 30 mins asking for a refund.

How pathetic.

[quote user="Ginger Pele"]i think people are pethetic returining the tickets, they should never be sold another one, im not happy that we dont win as much as we are capeable of,
or that we do not make 3-5 mill transfers evry summer, but i do not jack it in, i have supported the club since i knew what football was, and i could not
bare to let it go even if we where in the confrence south in 4/5 years
[/quote]

Here here, i bleed yellow and green, i love the club so much i bought the latest shirt with cureton 10 on the back (50 quid it cost me) i wouldnt ever give up my season ticket.  back eh smudger got bored of twtd?

[quote user="Smudger"]

Who can blame them???

Silly sods for buying them in the first place say I.... they signed us up for another season of absolute dross in doing so.... [:D]

[/quote]

We wouldn''t have expected any other comment from you would we?

How can you call us silly sods, if there was not us there would be no club, although I imagine you would not be too concerned if there was no Norwich.

Can''t actually believe that I responded to your usual dross of a response and I know I shouldn''t but jesus sometimes you really annoy me to the point, well I better not say.

[quote user="biggleyellow"][quote user="Smudger"]

Who can blame them???

[/quote]

We wouldn''t have expected any other comment from you would we?

How can you call us silly sods, if there was not us there would be no club, although I imagine you would not be too concerned if there was no Norwich.

Can''t actually believe that I responded to your usual dross of a response and I know I shouldn''t but jesus sometimes you really annoy me to the point, well I better not say.

[/quote]

Whos Smudger? Can''t say I''ve noticed anyone called Smudger in this topic?[;)]

We had 24,000 on Saturday and the second highest in the division was 18,000. Premiership-wise, the only three grounds that got more fans in were Old Trafford, St James'' Park and Anfield. We beat Boro, Bolton, Reading and Fulham.Our attendances are still very good considering so there''s no need to worry about it just yet.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BBFF"]

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

[/quote]

Good for him!

If I contacted the club and stopped my direct debit I would be seriously out of pocket![:(] There are only two months left to pay and as your friend was a season ticket holder of 14 years I assume he would be in the same boat as me. So that''s £280 pound spent and 2 games seen, hardly a good deal [:''(] Still, each to their own [*-)]

Do you think the FOOTBALL being played is that bad BBFF?

[/quote]

The FOOTBALL is good for about 20 mins some where in the our games but the quality of our players cant play like that for longer. I''m sorry to say they look like out of contract and frees but I will still give them 10 games before I will finally judge them.

One of our most promising youngsters Kurtis Byrne bought himself out of his contract to go to Hibernian. Hucks and Dion still look the best players we have and they are most probably in their last season. The long term future looks a lot bleaker than the past, on the pitch anyway. 20 thousand supporters want more than a nice starter and a free bottle of wine at Carrow Rd they want to see FOOTBALL they can applaud and a team that plays for the whole game but we wont get any of that until this board gets it into their NCPLC heads that they are running a FOOTBALL club and FOOTBALL is the only reason we turn up at Carrow Rd   ( Will that do you Nutty?)

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

I think that hits the nail on head Biggleyellow. With fans like Smudger we would not exist!

[quote user="Smudger"]

Who can blame them???

[/quote]

Also silly sods for buying Maximo Park.  Mid table League Division I on a good season.

On the other hand I have a couple of friends who have bought season tickets this year for the first time. I bet there are any number of people leaving and joining all the time and 4 supporters jacking it in is hardly a big enough sample to cause concern.

What will be a worry is if we see a fall off of season tickets at the start of the year. Sometimes even when there is no improvement for season after season gates can still hold up. Leeds got over 26,000 on Saturday and the standard of FOOTBALL could hardly have deteriorated more at any other club.

Like some of the others on here, I will have my season ticket come what may and regardless of how well or badly a spell the club is going through and I bet there are thousands like me. 

how much are season ticket prices you end? mine cost me at wolves £410,

if you nearly paid of season ticket you might well keep it, but i see why people returning them

they can get ticket any game currently home and prob away as you dont normally sell out at ours except from that bad playoff game ;-(

these people will prob only go to games such as ipswich, charlton sheff utd etc... boxing day game (if home) and near the end of the season if your results are good

these fans really pee me off, when they start coming back in flocks when the team win a few games, and then they get promotions such as tickets for a tenner, or kids for a quid, when us sth get nout!

the board should look after their LOYAL fans much much better as soon they wont have any sth at these silly prices watching medicore teams and medicore performances

[quote]The FOOTBALL is good for about 20 mins

some where in the our games but the quality of our players cant play

like that for longer. I''m sorry to say they look like out of contract

and frees but I will still give them 10 games before I will finally

judge them.

One of our most promising youngsters

Kurtis Byrne bought himself out of his contract to go to Hibernian.

Hucks and Dion still look the best players we have and they are most

probably in their last season. The long term future looks a lot bleaker

than the past, on the pitch anyway. 20 thousand supporters want more

than a nice starter and a free bottle of wine at Carrow Rd they want to

see FOOTBALL they can applaud and a team that plays for the whole game

but we wont get any of that until this board gets it into their NCPLC

heads that they are running a FOOTBALL club and FOOTBALL is the only

reason we turn up at Carrow Rd   ( Will that do you Nutty?)[/quote]On "The Mitchell and Webb Look" on BBC2 the other night, they did a sketch based on a hospital drama where the writers hadn''t bothered to research anything medical - the result was doctors running around the place shouting things like "This patient is POORLY.  He should be OK though if I give him the RIGHT KIND of MEDICINE.  Here, try this.  Oh, no, that MEDICINE was the WRONG SORT.  Quick, get the ELECTRICAL thing that can make POORLY patients OK, but can also KILL PATIENTS who are OK.  Switched on ?  * Patient dies *.  Oh dear, turns out he was OK after all."[;)]

[quote user="BBFF"]

One of our most promising youngsters Kurtis Byrne bought himself out of his contract to go to Hibernian.[/quote]

Who? I''ve never heard his name once on any message board or news article, until the Pink Un turned it into a headline to try and stir up some reaction.

Unless he thinks he has more chance of getting a contract for the Norwich first team by going to Hibs [;)]

If you realise after only two games that you don''t want your season ticket, then surely you must have had serious reservations before the season started? Did these individuals not know they could stop their direct debits any time before the season began and get a full refund from the club? These people must be fairly well off if they can fritter away around £300 on a whim. It was widely known before the season that there would be plenty more seats available for casual fans. So this just doesn''t ring true to me.

I feel some of you are jumping to conclusions. People jacking in a season ticket are not automatically bad supporters abandonning NCFC. This season, it has been possible to get tickets for all the games without being a season ticket holder. My guess is some people are giving up the season tickets, but paying game by game instead, giving them more flexibility on what games they go to and pay for.

This just goes to show how fickle some ''fans'' are. Any new team, and lets face it the amount of change during the summer it is a new team, will take a bit to settle down. If you support your team thats it! no questions - yes heartache from time to time when things aren''t going your way but you support and follow your team through everything. Try living in the midlands with a brother in law a baggies fan and best mates supporting Villa - no quibble though cos City are my team and always will be. Some times we''re on the up and others we get bad results but true supporters always there Yellow and Green throughout! OTBC

[quote user="BBFF"]

A friend and a season ticket holder of 14 years told me today that he had contacted the club to stop his direct debit and returned his season ticket do to the FOOTBALL being played and how the club is run. [/quote]

bet he''ll be the first to whinge when he cant get a new one when Granty takes us up then eh?

jas :)

[quote user="Midlandscanary"]This just goes to show how fickle some ''fans'' are. Any new team, and lets face it the amount of change during the summer it is a new team, will take a bit to settle down. If you support your team thats it! no questions - yes heartache from time to time when things aren''t going your way but you support and follow your team through everything. Try living in the midlands with a brother in law a baggies fan and best mates supporting Villa - no quibble though cos City are my team and always will be. Some times we''re on the up and others we get bad results but true supporters always there Yellow and Green throughout! OTBC[/quote]

I wouldn''t call my mate fickle, he''s well into his 60''s and watched FOOTBALL and city most of his life. He unlike me he was willing to wait for the "off the pitch" spending to bare fruit, but his words were "they just cant play FOOTBALL"  I could see from the start of this boards time in charge that FOOTBALL had to come before anything else to make city a successful club again but they are in control and have had other ideas, others can judge who was right?. Iv had my S/T for about 15 years and this year looks like the last unless NCPLC puts FOOTBALL first where it should be at Carrow Rd. 

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST