Sign in to follow this  
Hardhouse44

Brellier and Russell. It will never work.

Yet again Grant shows us his tactical ineptitude. They can''t play together in central midfield. They both want to be a holding, defensive, win the ball and pass it short, call it what you blinking well want they ain''t attacking or more importantly creative midfielders. As much as it pains me to say cos I don''t overly rate him we need only to go back to the Southampton game to see it. Fotheringham came on put his foot on the ball passed it and we looked 300% better. What’s more worrying is away from home these two must be an attacking teams dream. With our defence we have to score goal away from home as well as at Carrow road and with them two pulling the midfield strings it ain''t going to happen.

Looks like same old same ''o to me if Huckerby is playing well we''ll get results here and there if he isn''t god help us.

This is Grants team this is what he wanted ands that rubbish is what we got. Good players don''t need that long to settle in.

The truth is that they aren''t good players.

Russel[quote user="Hardhouse44"]

Yet again Grant shows us his tactical ineptitude. They can''t play together in central midfield. They both want to be a holding, defensive, win the ball and pass it short, call it what you blinking well want they ain''t attacking or more importantly creative midfielders. As much as it pains me to say cos I don''t overly rate him we need only to go back to the Southampton game to see it. Fotheringham came on put his foot on the ball passed it and we looked 300% better. What’s more worrying is away from home these two must be an attacking teams dream. With our defence we have to score goal away from home as well as at Carrow road and with them two pulling the midfield strings it ain''t going to happen.

Looks like same old same ''o to me if Huckerby is playing well we''ll get results here and there if he isn''t god help us.

This is Grants team this is what he wanted ands that rubbish is what we got. Good players don''t need that long to settle in.

[/quote]Russell is not a holding defensive midfielder what a load of old twaddle ,you must watch a different game to me mate he is always making runs and trying to get forward and he chips in with a few goals throughout the season.

Fotheringham is one of Grants signings, so you are contradicting yourself when you say Grants players are rubbish but Fotheringham improves us 300% you cant have it both ways. I do agree with the rest of your points apart from the good players dont need that long to settle in comment. People slated Fotheringham when he first signed now he is great so as ive said before and i will continue to say GIVE GRANT AND THE PLAYERS UNTIL CHRISTMAS TO GEL

[quote user="barclayendboy"]Russel[quote user="Hardhouse44"]

[/quote]
Russell is not a holding defensive midfielder what a load of old twaddle ,you must watch a different game to me mate he is always making runs and trying to get forward and he chips in with a few goals throughout the season.
[/quote]

Yeah he makes runs. He has to he has been given that role. It ain''t what he''s good at and it ain''t what he likes to do in my opinion mate. You remember the Southampton game he played that role while Fotheringham played the attcking role. And we won. By the way who says defensive midfielders can''t chip in with goals. I don''t expect them to never get forward. Roy Keene was a defensive midfielder wasn''t he or have I got that wrong as well. You watch the game yesterday. No creativity from central midfield. A goal from a major mistake and a handful of snatched or half chances.

I get very confused with this everybody in a yellow a green shirt is wonderful yet we turn out dross week in weel out. Explain to me what is wrong then.

they didnt work today and the sooner smith and fozzy are fit the better as it will improve creativity;  Russell isnt a classic defensively player as he does like to get forward but he has little finesse on the ball as he is all about energy;  hopefully the options in the two mentioned are better.

What they do well is provide a midfield shield for the back 4.  What I dont like is the fact that they constantly sit so deep and rely on a hoofed ball out,  and that is the managers choice. 

Is Brellier & Russell our first choice midfield pairing, or has it been forced upon us by injuries to Smith and Fotheringham ?

In the current injury situation, who would you play there instead ?  Martin ? Spillane ?

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

Is Brellier & Russell our first choice midfield pairing, or has it been forced upon us by injuries to Smith and Fotheringham ?

In the current injury situation, who would you play there instead ?  Martin ? Spillane ?

[/quote]

I''d play Safri. Joking apart it ok to say that but if in the meantime we lose game after game it has to be changed.

The transfer window has only just shut so he had a chance to get somebody in. Failing that he needs a loan player A.S.A.P.

I''d maybe try Chadwick in the middle. After all he''s no winger.

It''s alright to sight injury but good managers at clubs of our stature sort thing likes this out.

If were bottom of the table by Xmas but we get our first choice team fit for Boxing day are you going to be pleased.

Football is a squad game ours is woefully thin. Yes if everybody is fit and "settled in" I guess we would be a better side than we have been so far this season but how often do we have everybody fit. 3 times a year? I''m sorry but if they don''t work they don''t work. You can''t just go on week in week out playing that way or we will get relegated.

Russell may not be a holding midfielder, but him and Brellier as a combination hardly seem to be the most creative, goalscoring combination do they. Maybe the introduction of a fit Hucks to our side,  and the goal threat of Smith from midfield may  turn it around.

"Good players don''t need that long to settle in."

If they are both the same type of midfielder, and trying to play the same role then that might be the issue rather than they are both bad players. As pointed out above injuries may have forced this on us rather than this is Grant''s ideal team.

I''d give Martin a go in a central midfield for the first 45 mins of the next game.

"Doherty and Dublin. It will never work"  would have made a better thread.Two routine crosses into our penatly area, and on each occasion both Dublin and Doherty are left looking at each another, wondering why one of  them didn''t clear the ball properly.

[quote user="Pyro Pete"]"Doherty and Dublin. It will never work"  would have made a better thread.

Two routine crosses into our penatly area, and on each occasion both Dublin and Doherty are left looking at each another, wondering why one of  them didn''t clear the ball properly.

[/quote]

Possibly your right. How about "Cureton and Brown. It will never work" Where do you stop. We must be failing in more than one area because we concede a lot a score very few.

is it any shock that when Brellier went off we lost the plot in midfield Hardhouse?

him and Rusty look like getting it together very well for us and im sure will be a great partnership.. add Fozzy as a potential 3rd midfielder (in the attacking role) and we have a central 3 who will win us matches!

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

is it any shock that when Brellier went off we lost the plot in midfield Hardhouse?

him and Rusty look like getting it together very well for us and im sure will be a great partnership.. add Fozzy as a potential 3rd midfielder (in the attacking role) and we have a central 3 who will win us matches!

[/quote]

When?

[quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

When?

[/quote]

yesterday....

when did u think?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

When?

[/quote]

yesterday....

when did u think?

[/quote]

You sure? Brellier was way off the pace and was one of our worst players. He should have been subbed much earlier than he was.

I agree with jas and said at the tuime that substitution could be the difference between 1 point and no points at all. But we don''t know if any of the players subbed were injured.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

When?

[/quote]

yesterday....

when did u think?

[/quote]

You saw a different game to me then

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I agree with jas and said at the tuime that substitution could be the difference between 1 point and no points at all. But we don''t know if any of the players subbed were injured..makes  you wonder what the supporters are thinking about .Ray .

[/quote]

Absolutely , talented one you have it right once again Why is it only you and Jas that comes up with the obvious , have none of the posters no idea Nutty ? .Ray .

OrDelia and Mike Walker,will never worklook, we will be ok, grant has built a base of which to win games, he has the right players, what you guys should be complaining about are tactics, a 4-5-1 would be favourable......e.gmarshall gklappin LBShackell CBMettomo?/ Donkerty CBSemi RBCroft W Chadwick RCMBrellier CDMRussell LCMHuckerby Wcureton CFfar more balanced, chadwick isnt a winger but does drift out.....leave brellier to tacklerussell can attack and sonic on the leftalso, dnt accuse me of "not watching norwich because i go to every match......and am a manager myself

[quote user="arrdee"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

I agree with jas and said at the tuime that substitution could be the difference between 1 point and no points at all. But we don''t know if any of the players subbed were injured..makes  you wonder what the supporters are thinking about .Ray .

[/quote]

Absolutely , talented one you have it right once again Why is it only you and Jas that comes up with the obvious , have none of the posters no idea Nutty ? .Ray .

[/quote]now,now old boy.If you read one of my posts you will see i had brellier as my motm.Its a shame so many non-footballing brains post on here isn''t it.I think most people would agree with me on the fact cardiff were awful,problem was we gave them the incentive instead of punishing them.Grant''s tactics seem slighty adrift and maybe this is due to his inexperience.Only time will tell if he is the man for the job but i am afraid this season is going to be a struggle unless he learns to punish teams when they are on the back foot ie bring on hucks at 1-0 rather than 1-1 with our backs against the wall.[:)][:D]

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

When?

[/quote]

yesterday....

when did u think?

[/quote]

You sure? Brellier was way off the pace and was one of our worst players. He should have been subbed much earlier than he was.

[/quote]brellier was class,he stopped cardiff building anything in the middle of the park and he covered for the rb several times,You don''t have to be creating to have had a good game there''s a lot going on in other area''s of the pitch that are just as important.I think brellier is going to be the nearest we have ever had to a roy keane type player.Sometimes whats not being allowed to happen is as good as what is happening

[quote user="lobster catcher"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

When?

[/quote]

yesterday....

when did u think?

[/quote]

[/quote]brellier was class,he stopped cardiff building anything in the middle of the park and he covered for the rb several times,You don''t have to be creating to have had a good game there''s a lot going on in other area''s of the pitch that are just as important.I think brellier is going to be the nearest we have ever had to a roy keane type player.Sometimes whats not being allowed to happen is as good as what is happening[/quote]

God help us if you ever had to pick a team. Class my ar$e

[quote user="buddhaboy"]Or
Delia and Mike Walker,
will never work
look, we will be ok, grant has built a base of which to win games, he has the right players, what you guys should be complaining about are tactics, a 4-5-1 would be favourable......
e.g
marshall gk
lappin LB
Shackell CB
Mettomo?/ Donkerty CB
Semi RB
Croft W
Chadwick RCM
Brellier CDM
Russell LCM
Huckerby W
cureton CF
far more balanced, chadwick isnt a winger but does drift out.....
leave brellier to tackle
russell can attack and sonic on the left
also, dnt accuse me of "not watching norwich because i go to every match......and am a manager myself
[/quote]

That might work for a class passing team like Arsenal but that formation with those players would result in us having trouble getting past the half way line.

Cureton need to feed off a target man.

Were talking the Championship here not champions league. Almost all the sides playing in this league will go with 2 up front one of whom is a target man or a hold up player. The quality of the players dictate that.

[quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="lobster catcher"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

When?

[/quote]

yesterday....

when did u think?

[/quote]

[/quote]brellier was class,he stopped cardiff building anything in the middle of the park and he covered for the rb several times,You don''t have to be creating to have had a good game there''s a lot going on in other area''s of the pitch that are just as important.I think brellier is going to be the nearest we have ever had to a roy keane type player.Sometimes whats not being allowed to happen is as good as what is happening[/quote]

[/quote]Funny how you have to resort to smart alec respones,i have read posts on here today praising almost every player who played saturday,but when i praise one i get a stupid response from someone who obviously nows f-all about football,we will see if mr grant agree''s with you when he picks his next team

[quote user="lobster catcher"][quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="lobster catcher"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

When?

[/quote]

yesterday....

when did u think?

[/quote]

[/quote]Funny how you have to resort to smart alec respones,i have read posts on here today praising almost every player who played saturday,but when i praise one i get a stupid response from someone who obviously nows f-all about football,we will see if mr grant agree''s with you when he picks his next team[/quote]

How do you judge if somebody knows about football. The number of games he''s been to, If he''s played, if he''s managed at a level, If he agrees with you, If he sits on the fence, if he never questions the club. My delicate little flower don''t take my smart alec response personally. I don''t know you from Adam why would I wish to insult you. Come on son it''s football. It''s a man''s game. Sticks and stones. Opinion is what it''s all about and it''s all good.